Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help needed, Compass errors, yaw errors, speed errors.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dusty101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 684446 ft
Australia

Ive had my 4 pro for over 12 months now and its been flying fine.. All of a sudden out of the blue to started when flying in a straight line it veers off to the to the side sharply and if you yaw it to change direction it will still veer off until you stop then start again.

It doesn't matter the wind direction as sometimes its into the wind or if no wind at all still veers way offline.  

Lately it been coming up with compass error,  flicks between p mode and atti mode in flight and on the last flight of got everything. compass error, yaw error, speed errors.
I have recalibrated everything over and over. I have refreshed the firmware, cold calibrated the IMU, calibrated the compass out in the middle of a paddock and still all this happened, even at different locations. seems to be more and more every time i fly and im loosing confidence in flying it.

Im out of options and was hoping maybe some help for here on what to do next.
Thanks Dusty

Ive uploaded the last flight here..
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NFR1J8ZNIRLRIYKE3N86
2020-3-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is it happening in different locations?
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 3-13 02:46
Is it happening in different locations?

Yes it is it has been happening in different locations.  even out in the never never land with nothing around.
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

Help needed.

Ive had my 4 pro for over 12 months now and its been flying fine.. All of a sudden out of the blue to started when flying in a straight line it veers off to the to the side sharply and if you yaw it to change direction it will still veer off until you stop then start again.

It doesn't matter the wind direction as sometimes its into the wind or if no wind at all still veers way offline.  

Lately it been coming up with compass error,  flicks between p mode and atti mode in flight and on the last flight of got everything. compass error, yaw error, speed errors.
I have recalibrated everything over and over. I have refreshed the firmware, cold calibrated the IMU, calibrated the compass out in the middle of a paddock and still all this happened, even at different locations. seems to be more and more every time i fly and im loosing confidence in flying it.

Im out of options and was hoping maybe some help for here on what to do next.
Thanks Dusty

Ive uploaded the last flight here..
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NFR1J8ZNIRLRIYKE3N86

2020-3-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

This problem is usually caused by launching near areas  where steel is near.  Don't usually recommend a compass calibration, but onemay be in order here.
2020-3-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Also, I would check the antenna wires.
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 3-13 03:35
This problem is usually caused by launching near areas  where steel is near.  Don't usually recommend a compass calibration, but onemay be in order here.

always cautous of launching near anything steel or power lines etc.. doesn't seem to make any difference.. I have done a compass cal to no avail.
2020-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dusty101 Posted at 3-13 04:08
always cautous of launching near anything steel or power lines etc.. doesn't seem to make any difference.. I have done a compass cal to no avail.

Power lines etc won't cause this.
The usual cause is something steel, very close to the compass when you power up the drone.
If the drone is in a genuinely clear area when this happens, one would have to expect an uncommon hardware error is the cause.
There's an unusual warning in the data:  IMU heading error. Please restart the aircraft.
Does the Sensors section of the app show anything interesting?
Do you remember what direction the drone was pointing when you powered it on?
Was it northeast?
Do you power up with the drone on the launch spot ?
2020-3-13
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Not to over simplify but really sounds like a hardware problem.  Sounds like you covered most of the bases.  External interference could be the issue but you mentioned it happens at different locations.
2020-3-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Dusty,

I cannot help yuo in the way that i know the solution to your P4P errors.

But in this flight the first error is a 'SpeedErrorLarge', wich means that the speed calculated by the drone is not equal to the actual GPS speed.

Follow up is often a YAW, Compass and IMU errors.

See my chart ; upper part you see difference XY speed (derived from X and Y speed component) and GPS speed.

At ID 370 no inputs made on the RC, so craft should be in a steady hover, but craft did moved away.
This seen in Move heading red line wich should not be there (750 left under to 850)

All you can do is calibrate IMU and Compass, as you did it already....looks a hardware fail in the system.
If this sequence of errors always start with a 'speed error' than the GPS part is suspected.

But just my 2-cents.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-3-13
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had similar issue, and after calibrating EVERYTHING several times and still seeing a bad compass.......I had both compass' replaced at a cost of $135 USD

Bird now flies straight, and does great POI flights.....as before, the POI would be OFF half a screen.....now it's near perfect.

Good luck
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

JJB* Posted at 3-13 07:20
Hi Dusty,

I cannot help yuo in the way that i know the solution to your P4P errors.

Hi JJB.. Thanks for all that info.. so your saying that it could be a compass issue (GPS) and might need to be replaced if this keeps going with this?  Specially if it keeps popping up with compass error?
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-13 16:18
I had similar issue, and after calibrating EVERYTHING several times and still seeing a bad compass.......I had both compass' replaced at a cost of $135 USD

Bird now flies straight, and does great POI flights.....as before, the POI would be OFF half a screen.....now it's near perfect.

Hi rwnant V1  Interesting you say that you've replaced the compass.. Ive had a inkling in my mind that this is what needs to be done, I was sus about about the compass becoming faulty and needs replacing.. Thanks for your imput.
2020-3-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dusty101 Posted at 3-13 16:56
Hi JJB.. Thanks for all that info.. so your saying that it could be a compass issue (GPS) and might need to be replaced if this keeps going with this?  Specially if it keeps popping up with compass error?

GPS and compass are not the same, two different components. Where did you take off from, what surface was the take-off point?
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 3-13 17:01
GPS and compass are not the same, two different components. Where did you take off from, what surface was the take-off point?

Last take off was from a walking gravel track. It was out in the open landscape well away from and power lines. I alway use a wooden board to take off from..
Other times its happened is off grass at a golf course again using the wooden board to sit the drone on. and a gravel road way.. im pretty cautious of where im taking off from  where power lines, underground cables, concrete etc might be as i understand the interference issues with the compass etc.
2020-3-13
Use props
Dusty101
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-13 04:18
Power lines etc won't cause this.
The usual cause is something steel, very close to the compass when you power up the drone.
If the drone is in a genuinely clear area when this happens, one would have to expect an uncommon hardware error is the cause.

Hi Labroides..  To answer your questions. yes there was a IMU head error pop up among other errors as mentioned above.
The direction of the drone at power up was pointing slightly off North.. NE.
I always power up the drone as its sitting on the ground. I always use a wooden board to sit the drone on as I have always done this whether its on a gravel surface area, grass, dirt.  Im usually pretty cautious of where i take off from and whats possibly under the surface such as cables, concrete red bar etc. The fact is happening more and more even when flying at different locations way out in the open tells me it might be more a hardware issue?
2020-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dusty101 Posted at 3-13 20:49
Hi Labroides..  To answer your questions. yes there was a IMU head error pop up among other errors as mentioned above.
The direction of the drone at power up was pointing slightly off North.. NE.
I always power up the drone as its sitting on the ground. I always use a wooden board to sit the drone on as I have always done this whether its on a gravel surface area, grass, dirt.  Im usually pretty cautious of where i take off from and whats possibly under the surface such as cables, concrete red bar etc. The fact is happening more and more even when flying at different locations way out in the open tells me it might be more a hardware issue?

It sounds a lot like a hardware issue.
2020-3-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dusty101 Posted at 3-13 16:56

Hi,

Difficult to say, but first error in the log is related to GPS data, guess processing this data.

What to replace....i have no idea.

cheers
JJB
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules