How do I get flashing yellow lights to stop?
9834 13 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidk147
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271490 ft
United States

How do I get the flashing yellow lights to stop. I flew my phantom 2 vision + until I crashed it after about a month of flying. I sent it for repair and DJI TECHNOLOGY repaired it and did an update.
Now, I can't get the controller to connect to get green lights. The controller will not power up the props.
I really don't have a clue as to what I am doing, I guess.
Any help would be appreciated.

David Keith

ANSWER:  PROBLEM SOLVED THAT WAS VERY SIMPLE.  THIS WILL HELP NEWBEES...............REBOOT USING RESET ON BOTTOM OF COPTER.

WHEN ONE PERSON TOLD ME THAT DJI TECHNOLOGY USED ANOTHER MC, THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. THE TECH BOUND (BIND) MY QUADCOPTER TO THEIR MC.  WHAT I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL I SAW IT JUST NOW ON YOUTUBE IS THIS:  YOU CHANGE MC BY PUSHING ON RESET BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM AND IT TURNS YELLOW. THEN, TURN ON ANOTHER MC AND IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY BIND WITH THAT MC. YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. DJI TECHNOLOGY'S TECH JUST DID NOT REBIND MY MC AFTER THEY REPAIRED IT.  
I WAS TRYING TO BIND IT THROUGH SOFTWARE BECAUSE ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID THAT I NEEDED TO RECALIBRTE MY UNIT WHEN I MISSED THE PART OF THE RESET BUTTON. WELL, MY INSTRUCTIONS WERE IN CHINESE BECAUSE I BOUGHT MINE IN CHINA.  MY COMPUTER WOULD NOT DOWNLOAD DJI TECHNOLOGY'S MANUALS WHICH WAS ANOTHER PROBLEM.

WELL, I HAVE LEARNED A LOT.  IT SEEMS THAT IS THE WAY I LEARN-THE HARD WAY.
MURPPHY'S LAW, IF YOU KNOW IT.

2014-11-17
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Looks like you need to re-bind your Tx to your copter.

Have a look here:

Easy-peasy.

2014-11-17
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

5 flashing lights tells me GPS problem.  Can you start the motors or get any GPS indications on your phone app?  I re read your problem, can't start your motors, that tells me more,  I think your GPS antenna is NOT connected.  You would have to remove the top and see inside if the plug coming from the top is actually plugged in.
2014-11-17
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-11-18 11:58

Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/w ...

insitbs idea sounds good...  basics first....
2014-11-17
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-11-18 12:00
5 flashing lights tells me GPS problem.  Can you start the motors or get any GPS indications on your ...

Thank you for your reply. I am so frustrated with this unit...........

I flew this unit for one month before it started having run-away problems.  I could not stop it and it hit a tree. This is my third Quadcopter- two from another Company.  

DJI  had this unit for about 2 months. They told me that It was repaired and they performed a test fly.  DJI did an  upgrade.    it does not do much of anything. I can see through camera. I have an error "CON-FIG.

A caution comes on and says that my transmitter is not working and to reboot or it is problems in the new upgrade.    My controls will not move using the software Assistant.   I don't see how they flew this unit. I can't get software in my computer to respond to control sticks.

I do have GPS locating where my Quadcopter is .
It shows that I have 7 Satellites.
Any suggestions?

newbie to DJI.COM
2014-11-18
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-11-18 12:00
5 flashing lights tells me GPS problem.  Can you start the motors or get any GPS indications on your ...

Can you see the response to the person after you posted?
I see my GPS location on my iPhone. I have 7 satellites.  I have an error in my software that says CON-FIG error.  The transmitter is not working for some reason. It gave me two suggestions: Reboot and the upgrade has problems.

Thanks, I am about to give up.
NOTE:  Sorry, I was trying to answer another post and put it under yours. That is why I gave you another reply.
2014-11-18
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-11-18 11:58

Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/w ...

It appears that the upgrade has some problems. It worked before they did an upgrade.
Thanks
David
2014-11-18
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

davidk147@yahoo Posted at 2014-11-19 14:35
It appears that the upgrade has some problems. It worked before they did an upgrade.
Thanks
David ...

You may be right but I can't get them to bind together.
Thanks
David
2014-11-18
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

When you sent it off for repairs DJI more than likely used one of their controllers to test it so you need to re-bind it to your controller.  Then you should calibrate the compass because it has moved more than 10 miles from where DJI tested it.

Ok wait.  Honestly, start with the basics.  
It shouldn't need to be said but it seems obvious you have not cracked the manual or you would know what yellow flashing lights mean.  Download the latest version of the manual and seriously get familiar with it. Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_User_Manual_v1.6_en.pdf  Your level of satisfaction with your Phantom will be infinately greater the more you know about it.  You should realize at this point it is far more complex than a simple toy and it is going to take some study.

Then make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Vision Assistant software Phantom_2_Installer_v3.6.zip

Look, I know the people here on the forum will go out of their way to help you when they can.  But please, please, please; help up help you by demonstrating you are making an effort as well, ok?

2014-11-19
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

^ This.   
2014-11-19
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-19 17:01
When you sent it off for repairs DJI more than likely used one of their controllers to test it so yo ...

"YOU GAVE ME THE ANSWER THAT I FINALLY REALIZED TOO.  THEY USED ANOTHER MC".

Please overlook the capitalization. I can read better if the words are capitalized-larger.

YOU ARE PARTIALLY RIGHT. I DID NOT READ EVERYTHING AT FIRST.  I JUST DID NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING WHEN I BOUGHT IT AT FIRST EXCEPT THE BASIC INSTRUCTIONS TO GET IT TO FLY.  

I FLEW IT ABOUT A MONTH AND IT STARTED TO ACT LIKE MY TEENAGER DOES.  SHE DOES IT HER WAY. WELL, MY PHANTOM DID WHAT IT WANTED TO DO. IF IT WANTED TO KEEP GOING, IT DID. IF I TRIED TO GET IT TO STOP, IT WOULDN'T, I HAD TO TURN OFF MC.  FINALLY, THE QUADCOPTER JUST KEPT GOING AND HIT A TREE.  
NOW,  THE BASIC INSTRUCTIONS DID NOT WORK. THAT IS WHY I STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SIMPLE THINGS BECAUSE NOTHING I DID WORKED.  I JUST KNEW THAT I WAS OVERLOOKING SOMETHING.

YOU GAVE ME THE ANSWER THAT I FINALLY REALIZED TOO.  THEY USED ANOTHER MC.

I JUST DID NOT THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY USED ANOTHER MC AND I WAS HAVING SAME PROBLEM BEFORE I SENT IT FOR REPAIR. IT WORKED FOR THEM.  AT THE SAME TIME, I WAS HAVING DIFFICULTY DOWNLOADING MANUALS.  I WORKED WITH APPLE, GEEK SQUAD AND THE COMPANY FOR A SOLID WEEK.  DJI SAID IT WAS MY COMPUTER. ALL THE EXPERTS THAT WORKED ON MY IMAC SAID IT WAS DJI'S PROBLEM BECAUSE I COULD DOWNLOAD FROM ANYONE ANYWHERE. I JUST COULD NOT GET DJI'S SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD.
I ORDERED MY UNIT FROM HONG KONG AND EVERYTHING WAS IN CHINESE. THAT DID NOT HELP EITHER.
i cant read chinese. i could not download anything from dji.  so, i was working blindly except for youtube instructions but no one addressed my situation.
thanks, you have good insight about situations but I had not told you about all the junk that I have been dealing with just to get a manual and get information that I needed. I couldnt read the manual and could not download one.
THANKS FOR HELPING ME.

David

2014-11-19
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-18 12:20
insitbs idea sounds good...  basics first....

The transmitter will not bind to my quadcopter. That is the problem.  After talking to some of you guys, one gave me the answer.  DJI Technology used another MC.  My MC was having same problems but I just did not realize it until someone pointed out the fact that DJI Technology did not use my MC.

2014-11-19
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

2014-11-19
Use props
davidk147
lvl.1
United States

thanks everyone. I had a some problems but things are better.

One thing I don't understand is why they have a Trojan in the Win driver installer on the download page:
Users/robertkeith/Desktop/DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer-3.exe: Win.Trojan.Genpack-445 FOUND
2014-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules