Charging with drone power on, linked to controller?
423 3 2020-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lbadz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7730 ft
United States

Probably a stupid question.  Searched but idn't find anything similiar.

I'm curious whether there is a good way to basically have the drone linked to the controller, power on, ready to launch, but keeping the charge topped off so I can take off almost immediately without having to waste 5 minutes doing the whole dick dance of getting it linked and calibrated.   I have a couple of applications where I need to get airborne quickly or I miss the shot.  My choices so far have been, try to get it linked and ready to go super fast, or else just leaving it on and usually running out of battery before anything happens.

Hopefully I explained it well enough.  Any other ideas welcome as well.  

Thanks -

2020-3-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is a puzzling question, as once you link the aircraft to the RC conmtroller, it should stay linked from then on. Then there is the issue if calibration, I am guessing you mean compass calibration, which is definitely NOT necessary before each flight. Most people can get in the air quite quickly.
2020-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day lbadz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information for the DJI Mavic Air and for the inquiry. Setting up the said drone before flight should not take too much time to adjust it's settings. Practice in doing these steps will help you do it faster and you can also change your drones settings while you are flying. In addition I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-3-14
Use props
lbadz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7730 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 13:03
Hello and good day lbadz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information for the DJI Mavic Air and for the inquiry. Setting up the said drone before flight should not take too much time to adjust it's settings. Practice in doing these steps will help you do it faster and you can also change your drones settings while you are flying. In addition I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.

Let me narrow the question down a little.  On the project I'm currently working, the drone will usually sit for an average of 1-3 hours, then when I need to launch I need to launch within about 15-20 seconds or I am going to miss the shot.

Does that clarify things?
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules