Interesting Accessory from Banggood
4590 9 2020-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I found this while browsing for some Arduino accessories. From the title, I am not sure if the RoboMaster is included or only the top structure. The price tag suggests the RM is included ... thoughts?

It seems now multiple 3rd party accessories can be attached to the RM: Arduino / Raspberry Pi, and even Lego parts. Is this the 'latest' iteration of the RM?

https://www.banggood.com/DJI-RoboMaster-EP-STEAM-4WD-Brushless-AI-FPV-APP-Control-Obstacle-Avoidance-RC-Robot-Arm-Compatible-Microbit-Arduino-Raspberry-p-1648458.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Also, if you scroll down, there are many 'interesting' pictures, and also a list of parts/components that go into building the robot. As @rhoude57 mentioned below, it looks like the EP includes the NEW platform, and also the gel-blaster canon from the S1.
2020-3-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

That is indeed the RoboMaster EP and, at that price, the Chassis is certainly included.
Note, however, that the product does not ship to you country yet.
It is only available in China and will be in Russia towards the end of March.
As for anyone else DJI says... cricket... cricket... cricket...
2020-3-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

One interesting picture slipped in, probably inadvertently, into the product description. It shows the RoboMaster EP probably in its "Standard" configuration with the turret and cannon/blaster.
And, as you suspect, it allows for the expansion of processing capabilities with processors like the Raspberry Pi, the Jetson Nano, the Arduino family of microcontrollers and so on...If you look on top of the Blaster/Cannon, it looks like you'll still need the DJI RoboMaster Intelligent Controller  to operate the robot.

2020-3-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Another interesting tidbit discovered in the product description.

DJI Robomaster EP:
Weight: Approx.6kg
Dimensions:45.00 x 34.00 x 31.00 cm / 17.72 x 13.39 x 12.2 inches
Chassis Speed Range:
0-3.5 m/s (forward)
0-2.5 m/s (backward)
0-2.8 m/s (sideways)
Max Chassis Rotational Speed: 600°/s

This is one massive dude. At approximately 6kg, it outweighs its RMS1 sibling by a solid 2.5 kg.
2020-3-14
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

The list of parts at the bottom of the page suggests that you can assemble it with either an arm or the blaster, all the parts are included.

It would be nice if there were a configuration with only the arm, for slightly less $$$.
2020-3-14
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you gentlemen, I just realized I missed the boat on this one and in fact, there are other threads discussing this. Nonetheless, this is a very nice 'iteration', and I hope we get a chance to 'upgrade' the S1 ... Though, if the price differential is $500 vs. $900 ... that's a very 'intimidating' upgrade   
2020-3-14
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-14 16:51
Another interesting tidbit discovered in the product description.

DJI Robomaster EP:

That's indeed very heavy ... the good thing is that the arm is likely mostly metallic (i.e. durable) .. but that also means the battery won't last as long, owing to more friction and more inertia, unless of course there is a new high-capacity battery.
2020-3-14
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Already thinking of a possible contraption:

Have the EP hold an Osmo Pocket camera (with its gripper arm), while the vehicle follows a prescribed trajectory (blue tape on the floor), and the OSMO in Object-Tracking mode, capturing video of a subject  ... That certainly opens up many possibilities.
2020-3-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

JB63 Posted at 3-14 17:00
That's indeed very heavy ... the good thing is that the arm is likely mostly metallic (i.e. durable) .. but that also means the battery won't last as long, owing to more friction and more inertia, unless of course there is a new high-capacity battery.

Intelligent Battery (from Banggood product description and DJI RoboMaster S1 specs sheet)

Capacity
S1: 2400 mAh
EP: 2400 mAh

Nominal Charging Voltage
S1: 10.8 V
EP: 10.8 V

Maximum Charging Voltage
S1 12.6 V
EP: 12.6 V

Battery Type
S1: LiPo 3S
EP: LiPo 3S

Energy
S1 25.92 Wh
EP: Energy: 25.92 Wh

Weight
S1: 169 g
EP: 169 g

Operating Temperature Range
S1: -10 to 40 °C (14 to 104 °F)
EP: -10 to 40 °C (14 to 104 °F)

Charging Temperature Range
S1: 5 to 40 °C (41 to 104 °F)
EP: 5 to 40 °C (41 to 104 °F)

Maximum Charging Power
S1: 29 W
EP: 29 W

Battery Life in Use
S1: 35 minutes (measured at a constant speed of 2 m/s on a flat surface)
EP: 35 minutes (measured at a constant speed of 2 m/s on a flat surface)

Battery Life on Standby
S1:Approx. 100 minutes
EP: Approx. 100 minutes

Conclusion: Same battery, but I doubt the value for Battery Life in Use is a valid number. Could DJI been a little lazy and simply copied the Intelligent Battery numbers over from the RoboMaster S1 spec sheet???

2020-3-14
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-14 17:44
Intelligent Battery (from Banggood product description and DJI RoboMaster S1 specs sheet)

Capacity

Good point about the battery. In all honesty, I also feel the 6 kg (13 lbs) weight is *very* heavy. As such, I'm having 'doubts' about the info on the banggood page. With such mass (weight), those wheels/rollers might not last very long. The pictures are good, but the written specs, gotta take those with few grains of salt.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules