Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mag interference ?
8464 4 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIV DAWG
New
United States

I’m brand new at this. Just got my.drone and went to go fly. It’s giving me a “mag interference “ code and says to check app?  I find nothing. Any advice or help out there?
2020-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day GIV DAWG. I am sorry to know that you are getting a “mag interference “ erroe message and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI drone and please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate the compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. Please give us an update on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2020-3-15
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where are you launching from? There's interference of some kind near you. Like a metal bench or sometimes rebar in concert can cause this. Maybe to close to an electrical pole. Best thing to do is power it all off and then re-locate to a new location.
2020-3-15
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

HurleyBird is correct in his advice.
If you have something magnetic on you, including something emitting radio signals like wifi or phone, I have noticed this (Infrequently) can trigger the message.
For the purposes of research into the cause of Mag Inf causing drone flyaways, I completed some tests this morning that I hope will be reviewed by others here. I am in the process of uploading the drone video, camera video of the scene and flight logs.
So, watch out for the results.
2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_MWjzSx07zcpM
New
Flight distance : 124528 ft

United States

I have been having magnetic interference in areas I never have. I can not even connect to the camera to have the option to do a calibration. I was able to refresh the firmware on both controller and mavic pro. When I try to calibrate the sensors the front calibrated but the bottom will not snap the blue and green box together and that's as far as I can go.
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules