Ronin SC & Canon m50
6165 9 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaViCToRR
lvl.2
United States

the CANON M50 is in the first part of the DJI listed compatable cameras. however, the second list that has sections that tell you if itll work with the phone and app says no in all 3 categories. im wondering has anyone been able to get this to work? it would be great to be able to view the camera on my phone as an external monitor while shooting and using active track ect...also..is there something specific i need to do just to get the gimbal to work with the camera? even after plugging the camera into the SC in the correct spots with the supplied dji cables nothing happens when i press record. is there settings in the camera that need to be changed, or maybe even in the gimbal through the app?
2020-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DaViCToRR, if you would like to use mobile phone as an extended monitor, a compatible camera APP is required, for the Canon cameras, that would be Canon Camera Connect and a secure WIFI connection between the phone and camera is also required.
For the connetion between the gimbal and camera, which cable are you using? Is the firmware of Ronin-SC and camera updated to the latest version?
2020-3-18
Use props
sallym82
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-18 05:21
Hi DaViCToRR, if you would like to use mobile phone as an extended monitor, a compatible camera APP is required, for the Canon cameras, that would be Canon Camera Connect and a secure WIFI connection between the phone and camera is also required.
For the connetion between the gimbal and camera, which cable are you using? Is the firmware of Ronin-SC and camera updated to the latest version?

Hi Dji Mindy, Iam having the exact same problem as the above.  I have balanced the gimbal and am getting a Shuttter cable disconnected setting.  I used the cable supplied in the box with the adapter.  \
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sallym82 Posted at 3-30 19:13
Hi Dji Mindy, Iam having the exact same problem as the above.  I have balanced the gimbal and am getting a Shuttter cable disconnected setting.  I used the cable supplied in the box with the adapter.  \

Sorry to know you have the same problem, are you using Ronin-SC Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) + Ronin-SC Multi-Camera Control Adapter (Type-C to Micro USB)? What is the version of your camera and the Ronin-SC? M50.png
2020-3-31
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

quick question 4 u  guys - I found this for myself - did you make sure you turned on the ronin *first* before turning on your camera? I found I was having connection issues until I did that... might help!
2020-4-5
Use props
mmichael
New
Australia

Hi DJI Mindy
I am having an issue with the Canon M50 not communicating with the Ronin SC while connected via the USB cable. I had to purchase your Type C to Micro USB to get the connect into the M50 and it still is not going into record from the Ronin SC.
Do you have any solution?

Thank you
2020-8-20
Use props
djiuser_wAjM5lMtsX1I
New

Ecuador

Tengo el mismo problema al conectar mi Canon m50 al dji ronin sc, se conecta y desconecta y me sale un error de obturador,  me podrían decir que puedo hacer para que funcione mi cámara con el ronin ?
2020-9-21
Use props
mawby1
New

United States

mmichael Posted at 8-20 21:48
Hi DJI Mindy
I am having an issue with the Canon M50 not communicating with the Ronin SC while connected via the USB cable. I had to purchase your Type C to Micro USB to get the connect into the M50 and it still is not going into record from the Ronin SC.
Do you have any solution?

Following...also for me pushing any buttons on the M50 brings up a "BUSY" notification on the bottom left of the screen.
2020-12-5
Use props
EXOCED
lvl.1

Réunion

Hey Buddy,

Same issue for me! this dji ronin SC, seems like a bad joke! an expansive joke! I buy  a CANON M50 because it's write compatible in the user manual,but that's wrong! who can use the full fonction with the SC and CANON M50?

Wake up dji moderator,it's time to give some real answer!
2020-12-20
Use props
BasGr
New
Netherlands

It is still not possible right? to use the M50 properly with the Ronin RC. The test on the website is firmware 1.0.2? or something. Canon is now at 1.10. SO why does it still mention the m50 is compatible? dubious.
2021-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules