Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To it may concern, My first Post on dji.forum
701 14 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just George
New

United States

I have a Galaxy A10e phone , I finally saved enough to purchase a dji drone a mavic mini fly more combo. My heart soared as I left the store with mavic mini in hand thinking I would be air borne shortly, Excited I flipped through the instructions while the batteries were charging so excited I was to finally be able fly a truly well designed drone. As I turned the remote on then the mini and now to my phone to download the app try and try and try and try again to no avail . my heart I thought I was gonna cry I think I may have only to be consumed with anger that dji nor Best Buy would inform me before I made the purchase that the app needed to fly the mini was incompatible with my galaxy A10e phone  needless to say that I am VERY disappointed, It's been over a month now and I have yet to get this in the air.  So I doubt this will make the front page or even the back page . Disappointed to think that dji so profit minded that it doesn't post in large print on the Box the simple fact they walk hand and hand with apple in order to get this least expensive drone in the air I have to spend another 1,000.00 on a new ios phone So there it is.
2020-3-15
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I totally feel your frustration and I agree that DJI (being the size they are) should have every device covered in terms of having their app work.

With that being said you could always buy a used phone from the approved list and use it as a dummy phone. You could connect your drone phone to your A10e hotspot for network or fly without network connection. Hope you can work through this setback and enjoy your new toy. Good Luck
2020-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to know your mobile phone is not working with DJI Fly. The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit Android platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).

We have recommended list in our website, it is recommended to use the phone in the list for better experience: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
2020-3-17
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
First Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear that you're unable to fly. My Galaxy S7 was working at first but then the RC cable was too lose. Kept cutting out. My daughter had an old Galaxy S6  and I've never looked back. Sure you can pick one of those up cheaply!! Put in a SIM for  fiver, put it into airplane mode, downloaded the screen off app.
Hope you get one sorted out. It's quite good to have a dedicated mobile for the MM
2020-3-17
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

to think that dji so profit minded that it doesn't post in large print on the Box the simple fact they walk hand and hand with apple in order to get this least expensive drone in the air I have to spend another 1,000.00 on a new ios phone.
There's absolutely no truth in this.
Many flyers happily use Android devices to fly their drones.

ps ... It's hard to see how you think this would do anything to improve DJI's profits (if it was true).

2020-3-17
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 00:25
We are sorry to know your mobile phone is not working with DJI Fly. The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit Android platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

Can I quote on this one and ask... isn't the Samsung Galaxy A10e, being the CPU inside a Exynos 7884  which is 64bit enabled, a 64 bit device ?

It seems weird to me that such a recent device, A series in Samsung terms which is the best (beyond the S(es)), isn't 64bit.
2020-3-17
Use props
Corger
Second Officer
United States

m80116 Posted at 3-17 03:40
Can I quote on this one and ask... isn't the Samsung Galaxy A10e, being the CPU inside a Exynos 7884  which is 64bit enabled, a 64 bit device ?

It seems weird to me that such a recent device, A series in Samsung terms which is the best (beyond the S(es)), isn't 64bit.

It has 32bit Android, which is bizarre for a 2019 phone.  But I guess Samsung crippled it because it is a budget (sub $100 USD) phone.

@Just George
You don't need a $1000 iOS device.  I'm still nursing my iPhone 6 and it works perfectly with the DJI Fly app.  I bought a new battery and installed it myself.  I also bought a iPhone SE for less than $140 brand new last year.  

You will probably want a dedicated phone or tablet for your drone.  Go for a used iOS device; it'll be less trouble than Android.  I'll probably get an iPad mini 3 or 4 used.
2020-3-17
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

Look at Swappa.com.
They sell used devices for a fair price, and I always have had good luck.
I NEVER buy a "newest" phone, from the carrier or anywhere else.
I always go 1 version down.
Save a good chunk of change...
2020-3-17
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying is cool and all but if you have the money to spend, an M2Z w/ a Smart Controller is worth it because of the versatility of zooming on demand.
2020-3-17
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not DJI's fault your old device isn't compatible with the app. Might have been wise to do some research on it before purchasing the drone.
2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

m80116 Posted at 3-17 03:40
Can I quote on this one and ask... isn't the Samsung Galaxy A10e, being the CPU inside a Exynos 7884  which is 64bit enabled, a 64 bit device ?

It would be better to verify with the Samsung about its system, we recommend to use the phone in our recommended list for better performance, and we will also keep testing more devices and update our list.
2020-3-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

deathsquad Posted at 3-17 12:54
It's not DJI's fault your old device isn't compatible with the app. Might have been wise to do some research on it before purchasing the drone.

I have to disagree here... I made tons of research before I bought my mini back in November 2019, still justifying the purchase of another phone just to fly the mini is out of the question for many many human beings. I had an iPhone 5SE (64bit), not supported but working, luckily my sister got latest iPhone and gave me her used iPhone 6.

Requiring an specific model, or technology within a smartphone means they are selling 75% of a drone, so is normal this would make some users upset.

I am a tech guy, have tons of old and new tech, however like many, the latest phone is not a need for me. Look at the DJIGO 4, DJI Googles, Cristal Sky ... all running in Android 5, 32bit... not old tech at all.

Those guys at the apple store waiting 3 days to grab the latest iPhone look lame to me, devoted to a brand like a religion, if it helps them with some kind of superiority issue, good for them... But imposing that in to the rest of us, out of the equation.

For the guys with latest 1000bucks smartphone, enjoy it and appreciate your priviledge, for the rest of humans look at second hand iPhone 6, they are cheap and work fantastic.
2020-3-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-17 03:19
to think that dji so profit minded that it doesn't post in large print on the Box the simple fact they walk hand and hand with apple in order to get this least expensive drone in the air I have to spend another 1,000.00 on a new ios phone.
There's absolutely no truth in this.
Many flyers happily use Android devices to fly their drones.

I am in total agreement with you Labroids
2020-3-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

Corger Posted at 3-17 05:56
It has 32bit Android, which is bizarre for a 2019 phone.  But I guess Samsung crippled it because it is a budget (sub $100 USD) phone.

@Just George

exactly what I done, went to an Ipad apple mini 4, always worked good for me, recently got the Epson moverio BT 300, so now the Ipad isn't use so much.
2020-3-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

deathsquad Posted at 3-17 12:54
It's not DJI's fault your old device isn't compatible with the app. Might have been wise to do some research on it before purchasing the drone.

you are so right! that was the first thing I inquired about when getting my MP.
2020-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules