Copter and Gimbal out of control
890 3 2015-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
demmer-jens.gmx
lvl.1

Germany

i had a Problem with my F550... it think it's a Compassproblem!

somebody with the same problem??

take a look in my video!
2015-6-13
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Why would you think compass?  Looks to me like your still learning to fly it...  I wasn't there so a little explanation on what you experienced will help quite a bit....  Some details please
2015-6-13
Use props
demmer-jens.gmx
lvl.1

Germany

i fly over 1 year with my f550...so i can control it very good

on this day i was startig with 8 satelites, i checked with the naza assistant all compas values...so after ca. 1 min the copter trift to the left, i do in this moment nothing, then he was drifting to right, after this i try to get the copter on the ground, but the copter was drifting again until he crash on the ground...you can see in th video, the gimbal (Zenmuse H3-3D) lost his horizon like a drunk guy!!

i have a friend an he was testing same issues with the compas, so he decalibrate the compas with a magnet an try to fly...and so we find out this reaction from the copter comes from the compas!!

now all values was normal and we have no idea where the problem comes from
2015-6-14
Use props
hmarnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

If it were my platform, I would recalibrate the IMU and joysticks, take it out to an open field away from all outside electrical signals, and recalibrate the compass.

Then off out in the open and hover at a few meters, and set the R/C controller on the ground so that it's not moving in any way that would cause a loose or corroded connection to break contact or if there is some problem with the joysticks.

If it starts to drift then I would worry about equipment on the platform.

If it doesn't drift then I would start messing with the joysticks to see if the problem comes back.
if it still doesn't, I would consider that the problems in the houses were due to radio frequency or induced magnetic interference in that urban area, possibly intermittent if you have flown there before.

I also don't see how a compass problem could cause a platform to drift without turning. If the compass was bad, the platform would spin in one place, not drift.

I have an A2, and on one occasion I was flying in a neighborhood with my PV2+ nearby and started to notice a loss of control. I too landed quickly, went back to square one in a field, and have never had the problem again, even flying with the PV2+ and in that same neighborhood.

At the time I thought it might be a rare day when the GPS didn't give me good coverage, someone in a house nearby with a wireless phone or ham radio, it could have been anything.
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules