Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mint New Air Unit Bricked when updated from Mac OSX
1802 4 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alfred-DF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24354 ft
Italy

Hi,
I've bought the Dji Fpv Goggles and 2 air units, but when I installed it on my cinewhoop drone and tried to update from latest version of DJI Assistant 2, it gave me an error and I couldn't update it anymore, since the current software versione was 0.0.0.

These are the steps I made:

1 - wired the Air unit to the battery terminals on the ESC
2 - wired the TX and RX cables
3 - Hooked up a 4S battery
4 - Hooked up the USB C cable to the Assistant 2 on MAC OS
5 - Clicked update
6 - On the last stage of the update the software at 1%, it said update failed: error 0x152800
7 - The Air unit won't update and continue giving the same error 0x152800 every time even rebooting, and keeping it cool with a fan

8 - Retried the same procedure with the second air unit on Windows, and all went well
9 - retried the bricked one, and got the same error even on windows

Is there anyway I can recover the bricked air unit or I should request a repair?
If yes, where can I find the support page for european customers?

Thanks in advance,

Alfred

2020-3-16
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Did you update the controller, then the air unit, then the goggles, all with the latest software?

They all need to be on the same version, in that order.
2020-3-16
Use props
Alfred-DF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24354 ft
Italy

mc54 Posted at 3-16 09:04
Did you update the controller, then the air unit, then the goggles, all with the latest software?

Yes, I did it exactly as you said, following DJI tutorials.
The problem is not that the Air Unit is not working with Goggles, in fact another dji air unit worked flawlessly with that procedure.

The faulty air unit did not update at all and Return the aforementioned error code every time I try to update it.
2020-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear the issue, please cool down the air unit and update again. If the update keeps failing, you may need to send in the air unit for service. Please start a service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-3-17
Use props
Genetics 9
lvl.2

United States

mc54 Posted at 3-16 09:04

The updates don’t need to be in any specific order lol, #1 the components don’t have memories or recollections of which component was updated when. #2 by your flawed logic you would need to go through update sequence again and again (transmitter/AU/goggles) for each new AU because in your sequence the AU is 2nd in line, absolutely absurd and unnecessary . #3 I’ve purchased over 20 AU and updated them and bound them to Tx and goggles without issue (no order necessary) My question to you is how does the Tx and goggles remember where they are in the update sequence ?  Please do tell. Here's a DJI video telling quite a different story lol https://youtu.be/IX8ht7by38Q
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules