Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!
1345 17 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervos.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

This happened after flying in high wind (25MPH+) and being blown back 100m from my return-to-home location.
I jumped in the car a little too early, thinking I was safe..

2020-3-16
Use props
BigBird-2
First Officer
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was pushing foreward on my mouse but didn't help. lol. Any damage?
2020-3-16
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your music selection made watching this video even worse like the ending to a very sad movie. Hope your bird is ok.
2020-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow somebody accepting they made a mistake while flying mini . Hope not to much damage done .
2020-3-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully not too much damage.
2020-3-16
Use props
Raymacke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

Such a sad video. The poor little bird was hanging on for dear life just waiting for an upward push of the stick to save it.  But alas, it didn't come and it finally had to succumb to exhaustion.  Yes, it fought a valiant battle but lost!

My money is on slight damage if any.......

2020-3-16
Use props
Occams Razor
Captain
Flight distance : 423497 ft
New Zealand

That was painful to watch. My sympathies go out to you and your mini.
2020-3-16
Use props
smirnoff9969
First Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

seeing this, I made good decision not to buy Mavic  mini, beside my Mavic pro 2 drone... even do Mini is small enough to fit in my waistpouch and can take off from palm,  teknig off  in this wind is very unsafe to fly...

the other day I made some footage of big fortress here in Croatia, but with much stronger wind.  Since I had no other possibilities to return to the site for another flight, I had to do it that day. Drone was flawless. I did get some warning on my phone screent about wind, but since gimbal was so smooth and drone didn`t  woble in the sky I didn`t see any problems to continue flying. And as you can see from that video,  mass of Mavic 2 can resist some windforce...
2020-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sad to see, but what made me wonder : why is the footage looking like it is out of focus in the beginning?
2020-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh wait, it was just youtube.
1080p was better.
2020-3-16
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Looks way too windy by looking at the top of the trees, I hope you could get it back without too much hassle, it looks like a lot of berry spikes.

I was flying my mini recently at a lake and wind suddenly changed, it almost stopped due to wind, however S mode helped to add some power and I managed to get it back.
2020-3-17
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last year I flew my mavic pro backwards into a maple tree about 75 feet up, the poor mavic sounded like a weed eater grinding its way to the ground, sounded horrible, finally landing on its top. Total damage was 4 broken props and a huge bruise to my ego... I put new props on it, wiped all the mud of it and it’s been running fine ever since...
2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident. After this incident are you encountering any issue on the said drone? If you will feel that the drone is not performing properly. I would recommend to please contact our DJI Support Team and send in your DJI Mavic Mini to further check if there are possible internal damages during this incident. Thank you.
2020-3-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You had a lot of folks grunting for you lol.
2020-3-17
Use props
Tervos.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

Due to the sheer size of the thorn bush.

It took 15 mins to recover the drone.

And few nasty scratches.

2020-3-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
First Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-16 17:24
Wow somebody accepting they made a mistake while flying mini . Hope not to much damage done .

do i detect an air of sarcasm hallmark. video was actually good the ending not so
2020-3-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've made that mistake ..... but without all of the elegant production ;-) I am pretty sure no real damage occurred in his case.
2020-3-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 3-19 12:56
do i detect an air of sarcasm hallmark. video was actually good the ending not so

Actually I think his comment was right on....this time ;-)
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules