Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unstable flight
944 9 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

I just got this drone so I havent gotten an sd card to record what it's doing so I'll try to explain.

It seems to happen when I'm going kind of fast .  the drone suddenly strafes left and than right, or maybe it's just tilting.  it's like it's trying to avoid something.   I fly real close to the ground 2'-4' .  I have obstical avoidence turned off. I tried recalibrating the MCU. not sure if it's doing it in both atti and opti.

one other thing where i'm flying it if it tried to return home it would not make it home.  lol.     is there some way to turn that off? in case I don't hit cancel quick enough one of these times..
2020-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Is the drone on GPS mode when you are encountering this issue? Are you seeing any error messages when you are encountering this issue? I would recommend to please flying the drone in a different location with less interference to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-17
Use props
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

It happened at least once in opti .  I have 4-8 gps satellites.  it does switch to atti sometimes..  can't pay attention all the time because im flying.   

I think i figured out what's doing it though.  it seems to happen when I fly over something or the ground level changes ( going 'up' a hill).
2020-3-17
Use props
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, no I did not notice it ever go into gps mode while flying
2020-3-17
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Issicus,

Avoid flying so low with the Spark. There can be stuff in ground like magnetic minerals which disrupt the bird's compass function, so it drops to ATTI or, if you are lucky and the ground has enough visible texture, to OPTI mode. Are flying with the remote or directly using your phone?
Your phone aurally announces a drop to ATTI, so there's no need to keep your eyes all the time at your phone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-3-18
Use props
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

I'm using the remote with my phone.   It does not give me any audio alerts.  I wish there was some way to fly it without all this GPS optical sensor stuff.  
2020-3-18
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

Issicus Posted at 3-18 06:59
I'm using the remote with my phone.   It does not give me any audio alerts.  I wish there was some way to fly it without all this GPS optical sensor stuff.

Hi,

I've got good news for you then. If you want to fly in ATTI mode, you can enable it on your Spark!
Watch this .

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-3-19
Use props
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

Wolferl Posted at 3-19 00:43
Hi,

I've got good news for you then. If you want to fly in ATTI mode, you can enable it on your Spark!

Thanks.  

I dont understand why we cant set atti/opti/auto. I guess dji thinks it knows what's best for its users.  Is there a complaints department ?
It's a problem for me if its switching between modes and I'm not expecting it to.

Why is there no option to adjust the inflight video bitrate?

I hate it when software devs dumb down and remove options.  
2020-3-19
Use props
Issicus
lvl.1
United States

If you run the battery all the way down to the point where you get the slide to land box and set the function button on the remote to land and press that instead of slide to land the drone just hovers there till it runs out the battery and there's nothing you can do to land.
2020-3-19
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

Issicus Posted at 3-19 14:14
Thanks.  

I dont understand why we cant set atti/opti/auto. I guess dji thinks it knows what's best for its users.  Is there a complaints department ?

Hi Issicus,

Well, it is how it is. Many people complained about the few shortcomings the Spark has. Especially missing ATTI mode, compass problems and poor distance performance (in CE countries).
I think, DJI wanted a cheap drone that is still able to addict people to drone flying. So they then buy more expensive models from them. It's something called "market".
At least, something can be done by ourselves about the missing ATTI mode and the poor video distance.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules