My Latest Creative Cinematography
768 14 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

My latest creative production. "Boneyard of the Iron Dinosaurs".

2020-3-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Excellent Work !!
2020-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2020-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel.
Mine is http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
2020-3-16
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-16 23:53
PS, I subscribed to your channel.
Mine is http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl

Ah, another fellow synth user.  Oddly, I usually try to mimic an orchestra, but the strip mine inspired a different, unearthly kind of sound. Anyway, it's the best way to prevent copyright claims on YouTube, so we produce our own soundscapes for our drone videos.
2020-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mark Weiss Posted at 3-17 18:02
Ah, another fellow synth user.  Oddly, I usually try to mimic an orchestra, but the strip mine inspired a different, unearthly kind of sound. Anyway, it's the best way to prevent copyright claims on YouTube, so we produce our own soundscapes for our drone videos.

100% true.
This is my third channel. Once upon a time I thought it was wise to split my hobbies into multiple channels.
So users that liked train videos were not bothered with tricks and tips about tech stuff etc.
But then YT started to implement this 1000 subscribers rule and I sort of abandoned this channel. However, I do miss making these videos so I figured I would take my time and slowly add videos and try to gain some followers while having fun making the content.

And Yes, there is nothing like a real (analogue) synth.
I found that out just recently.
Although I do miss the polyphonic playing, so there might be a second synth sometime in the future
(don't tell my wife about it)
2020-3-17
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-17 23:58
100% true.
This is my third channel. Once upon a time I thought it was wise to split my hobbies into multiple channels.
So users that liked train videos were not bothered with tricks and tips about tech stuff etc.

I had a YT channel since 2005. I think I only recently broke 500 subs. I was annoyed last August to learn that I could no longer live stream because I don't have 1000 subs. That will take another 15 years, by which time I'll probably be long dead and buried. I have a separate channel for my amp repair shop, and one for my video production studio, but subs are in the single digits.

My favorite analog synth of all time is the Yamaha CS80. It was the instrument of choice for Vangelis, when he made some of his best music. I like what the Kurzweil K series can do and own several as well as PC series, but after seeing a Japanese girl do a spittin' image of the Boston Pops playing the Starwars theme on a Yamaha Electone, I realized my tech was getting long in the tooth. So I bought the Yamaha Montage and then the Korg Kronos 2. I love the pianos on my Kronos. First MIDI based piano that plays and harmonizes like an acoustic grand I use. Montage does woodwinds and guitars especially well.
2020-3-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mark Weiss Posted at 3-18 09:33
I had a YT channel since 2005. I think I only recently broke 500 subs. I was annoyed last August to learn that I could no longer live stream because I don't have 1000 subs. That will take another 15 years, by which time I'll probably be long dead and buried. I have a separate channel for my amp repair shop, and one for my video production studio, but subs are in the single digits.

My favorite analog synth of all time is the Yamaha CS80. It was the instrument of choice for Vangelis, when he made some of his best music. I like what the Kurzweil K series can do and own several as well as PC series, but after seeing a Japanese girl do a spittin' image of the Boston Pops playing the Starwars theme on a Yamaha Electone, I realized my tech was getting long in the tooth. So I bought the Yamaha Montage and then the Korg Kronos 2. I love the pianos on my Kronos. First MIDI based piano that plays and harmonizes like an acoustic grand I use. Montage does woodwinds and guitars especially well.

Yeah, I know.
Super annoying. But in the end it is all about the fun of making the content (even though the numbers can get in your head...)
Right now I am just at 340 or so for my tricks and tips channel.
But asking for subs seems normal for many so I grew to not dislike that anymore.
And from this forum alone, I can get some nice inspiration and also a bit of an audience, so who know I will get there someday.
I will go to your channel and add some more.
2020-3-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had a YT channel since 2005. I think I only recently broke 500 subs. I was annoyed last August to learn that I could no longer live stream because I don't have 1000 subs. That will take another 15 years, by which time I'll probably be long dead and buried. I have a separate channel for my amp repair shop, and one for my video production studio, but subs are in the single digits.

My favorite analog synth of all time is the Yamaha CS80. It was the instrument of choice for Vangelis, when he made some of his best music. I like what the Kurzweil K series can do and own several as well as PC series, but after seeing a Japanese girl do a spittin' image of the Boston Pops playing the Starwars theme on a Yamaha Electone, I realized my tech was getting long in the tooth. So I bought the Yamaha Montage and then the Korg Kronos 2. I love the pianos on my Kronos. First MIDI based piano that plays and harmonizes like an acoustic grand I use. Montage does woodwinds and guitars especially well.

Now you should have about 6 subs more

2020-3-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had a YT channel since 2005. I think I only recently broke 500 subs. I was annoyed last August to learn that I could no longer live stream because I don't have 1000 subs. That will take another 15 years, by which time I'll probably be long dead and buried. I have a separate channel for my amp repair shop, and one for my video production studio, but subs are in the single digits.

My favorite analog synth of all time is the Yamaha CS80. It was the instrument of choice for Vangelis, when he made some of his best music. I like what the Kurzweil K series can do and own several as well as PC series, but after seeing a Japanese girl do a spittin' image of the Boston Pops playing the Starwars theme on a Yamaha Electone, I realized my tech was getting long in the tooth. So I bought the Yamaha Montage and then the Korg Kronos 2. I love the pianos on my Kronos. First MIDI based piano that plays and harmonizes like an acoustic grand I use. Montage does woodwinds and guitars especially well.

I'm not sure about which synth is going to be the next.
I will investigate more once I have re grown my budget
It might even be digital synths, but I still have some time to think about it since it is not growing very quickly
2020-3-18
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-18 10:31
Yeah, I know.
Super annoying. But in the end it is all about the fun of making the content (even though the numbers can get in your head...)
Right now I am just at 340 or so for my tricks and tips channel.

Thanks for the additional subs! If everyone would do this, I could double my subs within the year.

I have hours of drone footage that I want to re edit and add music to and maybe re-release at some point. I put up my earlier drone footage with no audio because of the copyright BS going on on YT.

Mainly, I like to arrange orchestral music, so realistic orchestral sounds are a major priority for me when purchasing synths. I am old school and like hardware synths over VST plugins.  My Kurzweil K2600RS does great recreations of the synth sounds in several Vangelis albums of the late 70s and early 80s, so I still keep it. I have the Post Organ Toolkit installed on that beast and it does pipe organs like no other sample library. In 2005, I recorded a performance of Danse Macabre (Lemare transcript) using Post Organ Bavokirk and Concergebouw organ samples. It's my second most popular video next to the low frequency sweep test video I released that year.

The nice thing about digital synths is that they never go out of tune. From time to time, keyboard players will bring their oscillator-based pianos in for recalibration/tuning. It's time consuming to retune 61 oscillators against a reference.

At the moment, the synths for synth sounds that I like are the ones that do multiple layers of sound, like the Montage. Complex motion synthesis with arpeggios and ever-changing layers fading in and out via controllers. Real 'spacey' sounding stuff. I'm working on some programs for the Korg Kronos to take better advantage of its nine synth engines. Always watching the horizon for the next breakthrough in synth tech. Would love a 64-bit Kronos with a terabyte of sample RAM!

2020-3-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mark Weiss Posted at 3-18 13:04
Thanks for the additional subs! If everyone would do this, I could double my subs within the year.

I have hours of drone footage that I want to re edit and add music to and maybe re-release at some point. I put up my earlier drone footage with no audio because of the copyright BS going on on YT.

Wow, sounds like you know that stuff better than I do.
I have not really scratched the surface of synths yet.
Although I did get to know the Subsequent 37 to some extent in the last few weeks.

I only really miss the polyphony (not that I need it as a bass player, but when making 'music' I really do).
For now I will stick to Reason for the other synth stuff and look for a good polyphonic synth that fits budget and wishlist
I'm a lousy keyboard player, so I need midi to be able to correct my fingers in post
Again, no big deal for me as I usually only play one note at the same time in live performances.
I can do that good enough

If time and money was not an issue I would most certainly buy a nice polyphonic synth and learn how to play it properly, but until then I'm enjoying the process of making content a lot
2020-3-18
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice video mark stunning colours great overview of the whole place
2020-3-18
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-18 14:04
Wow, sounds like you know that stuff better than I do.
I have not really scratched the surface of synths yet.
Although I did get to know the Subsequent 37 to some extent in the last few weeks.

Since I do a lot of multitrack orchestral stuff out of Cakewalk Sonar, I need a large amount of polyphony. I often score down to individual violins and that uses up polyphony at alarming rates.

I'm not that good anymore at playing. I lost of lot of dexterity due to a number of strokes since the 1980s and now arthritis affecting my hands. But I'm spending more time at the piano this year, because I saw a presentation that said that music stimulates the entire brain like no other mental activity and since I'm trying to hold off age-related loss of mental capacity, music and learning a new language, helps.

I've spent years learning the Kurzweil K series and VAST. I recently got the Kronos and I reckon I'll spend years learning it. Part of what's hobbling me is I can't see the small print on that display. At least the Kurzweil has big characters, however crude the display is and I can see it with my failing eyesight, but the type on the Kronos is as small as 6 point and that makes it very difficult for me to see it.

Money is always a problem, especially for pensioners like me who still have to write an $11,000 check to the local mafia to keep the teacher's unions rich, but I've found creative ways to earn some extra money on the side and one of them is repairing vacuum tube amplifiers. There are always ways, if you want something badly enough. When I built my stereo system, I worked 7 days a week, often 12-16 hour days and 6-8 hours on weekends to get enough overtime to gradually buy the components. After ten years, I'd sunk more than 60 grand into my system, which has served me well for nearly forty years now.
2020-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mark Weiss Posted at 3-19 06:34
Since I do a lot of multitrack orchestral stuff out of Cakewalk Sonar, I need a large amount of polyphony. I often score down to individual violins and that uses up polyphony at alarming rates.

I'm not that good anymore at playing. I lost of lot of dexterity due to a number of strokes since the 1980s and now arthritis affecting my hands. But I'm spending more time at the piano this year, because I saw a presentation that said that music stimulates the entire brain like no other mental activity and since I'm trying to hold off age-related loss of mental capacity, music and learning a new language, helps.

With Reason Polyphony is not an issue.
But I find this analogue experience very rewarding.
Yes indeed, you will probably find ways to earn some for the hobby.
I have a lot of side projects that generate a little money.
Youtube, making websites, selling images and hopefully also sell music in the nearby future. (spotify)
Although I'm not sure about that one yet.
So far I have gathered enough to sponsor my hobbies for the most part, so I am content.
And I find it a good thing to have to save for something instead of being able to buy in immediately.
I value the stuff more that I work hard for.
So I'm ok with taking my time and investigate a lot before I buy (in the meantime save as hard as I can)
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules