Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Did Remote ID law pass
1681 4 2020-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

Hello nihao : ) - Hello pilots, I want post so I ask, did law faa want make where drone need constant internet and all pilot info broadcast to local public and police pass March 2nd?
2020-3-17
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

No. The FAA is now evaluating the responses and determining a course of action. Already some of the key provisions of the proposal have been passed off to working groups for further evaluation. Don't expect to see any new news for quite some time. It may take upwards of 3 years to finalize the proposal and another year to role out. Also, COVID-19 restrictions may have a big affect on the timeline as well.
2020-3-18
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

NightThunder Posted at 3-18 13:10
No. The FAA is now evaluating the responses and determining a course of action. Already some of the key provisions of the proposal have been passed off to working groups for further evaluation. Don't expect to see any new news for quite some time. It may take upwards of 3 years to finalize the proposal and another year to role out. Also, COVID-19 restrictions may have a big affect on the timeline as well.

Thanks for the updated information.
2020-3-20
Use props
ultimatepumpyahoo.com
lvl.1

United States

I had left the scene when all this FAA crap was proposed and now want to fly again.  So, if I get a used drone now, I'm safe to fly without fear of this remote ID thing?  Thanks.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_iEhXkUrg29AO
lvl.1
United States

ultimatepumpyahoo.com Posted at 4-3 06:55
I had left the scene when all this FAA crap was proposed and now want to fly again.  So, if I get a used drone now, I'm safe to fly without fear of this remote ID thing?  Thanks.
Yes and no. Remote Id in the US is coming. Current projections are implementation in 4 years. That said remote ID if implemented properly will not brick your DJI drone. There probably will be a firmware upgrade that will make legacy DJI drones compatible with remote ID.
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules