Mavic 2 Sensor falsely detecting object
716 1 2020-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris765_2000yahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

The reason for this post is to help someone that owns a Mavic 2 that won't fly forward with the forward and rear sensors turnded on. I searched the internet for a solution to my problem, and wasn't able to find any post where someone else had experienced and resolved the issue that I was having.

To be more specific, when the drone was in P-Mode (which automatically activates the forward and rear sensors) it would falsely detect an object causing the drone to apply the air brake. The only way I could move forward, was to turn off the forward and rear sensors in the settings, or to put the drone in Sports-Mode, which did this automatically.

I believe the cause for this malfunction was the previous owner having crashed the drone into a wall while demonstrating to me how well the sensors worked. He made two mistakes: 1) He had the drone in Sports-Mode (which deactivates all of the sensors.) 2) It was dark out, for which reason the sensors would not have detected the wall had the drone been in P-Mode. What he didn't realize, is that the sensors don't work in the dark.

THE SOLUTION:

I had to install the DJI Assistant 2 specifically for the Mavic. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure to download the application specifically for the Mavic as I downloaded the application labeled "DJI Assistant 2," which would freeze at the last step when calculating/calibrating the drone. The problem was solved after having installed the correct application, and running the calibration.

2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing your experience with the drone, which would be very helpful to other customers who have the same problem. Enjoy flying.
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules