Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cellular Service Required on iPad?
1449 5 2015-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

Hi,
I just purchased the Phantom 3 Pro and an Ipad mini 2 and I would like to know if I should have the cellular service on the ipad turned on in order to fly the Phantom. If so, what is the benefit of having the cellular service on? I have read that if you use an iPhone you should turn your cellular off so you don't get a call when flying and interrupt the communications with the Phantom. Although I am using an iPad and will not be receiving calls, should I leave it on or off?

Thanks,
Mike
2015-6-13
Use props
buddhabelly
lvl.1

United States

Required, no.  Nice to have, sure.  The main benefit of cell service is having the capability of live updates to the maps.  As long as you can get an internet connection in the iPad through the wifi connection and get a map of the area where you're going to be flying BEFORE you go flying then you can manage without any cell service.
2015-6-15
Use props
msoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

buddhabelly@tam Posted at 2015-6-16 04:09
Required, no.  Nice to have, sure.  The main benefit of cell service is having the capability of liv ...

Thanks for answering.
2015-6-15
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

BUT you can use a personal hotspot from your iphone to give the ipad an internet connecting. Saves you money having to pay for a data service for an ipad aswell as a cell phone. Or just know where you are going to be flying and then cache the maps before you leave the house
2015-6-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

I usually just cash the maps. But using your phone as a hotspot is a good idea.
2015-7-10
Use props
clive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

I think, if you go into flight mode on the iPad, you lose the gps as well.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules