Interesting info from a Robomaster SDK issue on GitHub.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

Trying to raise awares of how we fell concerning the SDK not being available for the S1 (yet), I made the followng commnet in a Robomaster SDK github issue:

"I know for a fact that the S1, even at the current firmware does include at least a partial SDK implementation (in fact, I can run SDK programs on my S1 although one needs root access to enable the SDK on it). Not making it available on the S1 without the need for a hack would be an even bigger mistake than not making the EP compatible with the S1. So I would strongly suggest you consider enabling the S1 SDK support."

grwhale-zhang, which seem sto be the maintainer of the SDK code I(or at least the documentation for it) replied with:

"Thank you for your advice, we will consider it carefully. For this issue, we suggest that you report it on the https://security.dji.com, and we will contact you to deal with it.
For more information on how to upgrade S1 to EP, please pay attention to the DJI official website."

The first funny thing is that it seems they expect me to report the rooting method for the S1 to DJI Security. Right.

But the more interesting thing ia the last phrase. It seems to imply that there will be a way to updgrade the S1 to the EP (I would bet it involves replacing the inteligent controller and getting the extra hardware (arm and all). If this is true, I am happy enough with that option as long as it is reasonaby priced.

2020-3-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Another example of DJI saying one thing from one side of their mouth and another from the opposite side???
2020-3-20
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-20 09:50
Another example of DJI saying one thing from one side of their mouth and another from the opposite side???

Sounds typical of a company that has gotten too big too quickly? ... and somehow forgot how it got there?
2020-3-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

JB63 Posted at 3-20 14:45
Sounds typical of a company that has gotten too big too quickly? ... and somehow forgot how it got there?

... or jumped in an environment, i.e. North American educational robotics, both at the High School and University levels, that it really does not understand, compounded by a severe language barrier issue.
2020-3-21
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, Lego FLL indeed
2020-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules