Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 mistakenly detects battery as low and is not working
12Next >
12779 41 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAREDHA
New
Indonesia

I hope this thread can be found and attended to by DJI's administrator.

My Osmo Mobile 3 (OM3) can connect to my iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 13.3.1) and Galaxy S10e (Android 10). However, in my phone's screen the battery of the OM3 is always shown low (red) while the battery is fully charged. The OM3 won't work, the motor doesn't work and it doesn't stabilize the phone as if the battery is dead. Please note that in that state, the indicator on the OM3 shows all three solid white lights (indicating that the battery is fully charged). I can even charge my phone through the OM3's USB-A output in this state. Please see the attachment where the indicator lights show that the battery is full but what is shown in my phone's screen the battery is low. I think the problem is that the system mistakenly detects the battery as low, hence, the phone screen's shows the battery is low (red) and the OM3 acts as if the battery is low (while in fact it is fully charged).

At this stage, even if you recharge the OM3, it will blink for around few minutes and it will stop blinking (usually indicates that the battery has been fully charged). Is it possible for you to fix this by firmware update? In my case, the left light indicator always blinking in yellowish green (instead of solid green). Hope this may help you in solving the issue.

FYI, my OM3 is still under warranty and I am considering to get my OM3 repaired or replaced. However, I am afraid that even if get my OM3 replaced with a new one, this same issue will happen again as I saw some other users have this problem too (without actual solution found so far). You can check the following (among others):
https://forum.dji.com/thread-204366-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200982

P.S. I have tried almost all reasonable measures to get this right, e.g., reconnect bluetooth, reinstall DJI Mimo app, try different phones (all in the latest version of its OS), try to drain out the OM3 battery (by charging my phone through the USB-A) and recharge it full again, power it on and off for dozens of time. Given my attempts and the similar unsolved issues also happen to other users, I sincerely hope that you can get this issue fixed.

The motor does not work, the phone falls due to gravity.jpg
2020-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize for the troubles with the device, your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for further clarification, we will keep you updated soon.
2020-3-20
Use props
DAREDHA
New
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 22:09
We apologize for the troubles with the device, your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for further clarification, we will keep you updated soon.

Many thanks. Look forward to receiving your updates.
2020-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DAREDHA Posted at 3-20 23:35

Thanks for your patience, please follow the steps below for a troubleshooting.
1. Was the device activated?
2. Were all the authentications enabled to DJI Mimo?
3. Please make sure the device was not in Sleep mode.
If there is no luck, we recommend to send in the device to the repair center for the evaluation. Please email to support@dji.com to start a ticket.
2020-3-22
Use props
Brian Bisland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129774 ft
United Kingdom

The exact same happened with mine
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Brian Bisland Posted at 8-7 17:24
The exact same happened with mine

Hi Brian, may I know the model of your product and the specific issue that you encountered? Kindly provide more details for better assistance, thanks.
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_32G2qLQUvzUO
New
Mauritius

Hello guys,

I having the same issue and this result in me not being able to use the functions on the Osmo 3 for eg, I cant start recording or take a photo using the red button.

Anyone advise?

Thanks
2020-8-9
Use props
aksgolu
New
India

Guys, bought DJI OSMO Mobile 3 one week back and this ... does not work.

Exactly same issue! OSMO Mobile 3 battery is full but the app shows battery low symbol. Tried everything -- app login is perfect -- gimbal is not in sleep mode -- battery charging stops when put on charging (coz its fully charged) -- OSMO Mimo app shows gimbal battery is low and this stupid ... does not work at  all.

This is my first DJI product and I hope the Support is serious about not loosing customers.
2020-8-10
Use props
Brian Bisland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129774 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-7 23:08
Hi Brian, may I know the model of your product and the specific issue that you encountered? Kindly please provide more details for better assistance, thanks.

Where can I find the model number?

On the app there is a icon saying the osmo battery is low even though it is fully charged. I also can't start recording using the red button.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Brian Bisland Posted at 8-12 01:19
Where can I find the model number?

On the app there is a icon saying the osmo battery is low even though it is fully charged. I also can't start recording using the red button.

Hi there, just to verify, the model of your product is the Osmo Mobile 3, right? Could you please provide a photo as the first-floor shows so we can help to check the details of the issue? Thanks.
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aksgolu Posted at 8-10 02:27
Guys, bought DJI OSMO Mobile 3 one week back and this ... does not work.

Exactly same issue! OSMO Mobile 3 battery is full but the app shows battery low symbol. Tried everything -- app login is perfect -- gimbal is not in sleep mode -- battery charging stops when put on charging (coz its fully charged) -- OSMO Mimo app shows gimbal battery is low and this stupid ... does not work at  all.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. For the Osmo Mobile 3 mistakenly detects battery issue, please try below methods:
3. Please make sure the device was not in Sleep mode;
4. Make sure the firmware of the Osmo Mobile 3 and the APP has been updated to the latest version;
5. Try another mobile device which on the compatibility list to see if the issue persists or not.
If there is no luck, we recommend to send in the device to the repair center for the evaluation. Please email to support@dji.com to start a ticket.
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_32G2qLQUvzUO Posted at 8-9 23:15
Hello guys,

I having the same issue and this result in me not being able to use the functions on the Osmo 3 for eg, I cant start recording or take a photo using the red button.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. For the Osmo Mobile 3 mistakenly detects battery issue, please try below methods:
4. Make sure the firmware of the Osmo Mobile 3 and the APP has been updated to the latest version;
5. Try another mobile device which on the compatibility list to see if the issue persists or not.
2020-8-13
Use props
SCENTWAY
New
Poland

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. Using DJI Osmo Mobile 3 with Huawei P30 Pro device. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for any reply.
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SCENTWAY Posted at 8-14 06:57
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. Using DJI Osmo Mobile 3 with Huawei P30 Pro device. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for any reply.

2020-8-14
Use props
SCENTWAY
New
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-14 22:52

Hello,
Below my answers:
1. Was the device activated? YES
2. Were all the authentications enabled to DJI Mimo?YES
3. Please make sure the device was not in Sleep mode; ITS NOT
4. Make sure the firmware of the Osmo Mobile 3 and the APP has been updated to the latest version; The version is 01.00.00.70
5. Try another mobile device which on the compatibility list to see if the issue persists or not. The problem is happening from time to time.
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SCENTWAY Posted at 8-15 01:17
Hello,
Below my answers:
1. Was the device activated? YES

Hi SCENTWAY, may I double confirm the OS version of your Huawei phone? Is it on EMUI 10 or later?
If so, please try the following method as well:
1. Cancel the pair of the Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth;
2. Forget the Bluetooth, switch off the Bluetooth function, restart the mobile device;
3. Restart the Osmo Mobile 3, reset the Bluetooth by pressing M button, shutter button and trigger at the same time until the led indicator gets yellow.
4. Launch the Mimo app and pair the Bluetooth within the Mimo app.
See if this helps.
2020-8-17
Use props
SCENTWAY
New
Poland

Hello,
The version is 10.1.0.140.
Your method helped only for a while.
The problem come back when I make restart of the application.
2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SCENTWAY Posted at 9-5 06:45
Hello,
The version is 10.1.0.140.
Your method helped only for a while.

Sorry for that case happened. Under this situation, we recommend to send in the device to the repair center for a diagnosis. Please send an email to support@dji.com to start a ticket. Thanks.
2020-9-5
Use props
imad
New
Morocco

hello, did you resolve the problem, I have the same problem here? thanks
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

imad Posted at 9-27 11:53
hello, did you resolve the problem, I have the same problem here? thanks

Sorry to know you have the same problem, please troubleshoot as I posted above.

Reset the Bluetooth:

1. Cancel the pair of the Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth;
2. Forget the Bluetooth, switch off the Bluetooth function, restart the mobile device;
3. Restart the Osmo Mobile 3, reset the Bluetooth by pressing M button, shutter button and trigger at the same time until the led indicator gets yellow.
4. Launch the Mimo app and pair the Bluetooth within the Mimo app.

If the issue persists, please try another mobile device on the compatibility list.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_HNLU48EG0Ajj
New
Flight distance : 52789 ft
United States

this problem is still happening?! just happened to me! how does anyone have not a answer to why this is happening!
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_HNLU48EG0Ajj
New
United States

DAREDHA Posted at 3-20 23:35

still no updates! very reliable!
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_HNLU48EG0Ajj
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-28 00:08
Sorry to know you have the same problem, please troubleshoot as I posted above.

this doesn't work! nothing is working!
2020-10-26
Use props
richierichh
New
United States

did u ever get this resolved?
2020-10-26
Use props
richierichh
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 22:09

waiting on that update mindy
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_HNLU48EG0Ajj Posted at 10-26 11:18
this doesn't work! nothing is working!

Sorry for that case happened. Under this situation, you are recommended to send in the device to the repair center for a diagnosis. Please send an email to support@dji.com to start a ticket. Thanks.
2020-10-27
Use props
vasarch
New

Greece

Hi, I have exactly the same problem,

OSMO Mobile 3 battery is full but the app shows battery low symbol. Gimbal is always in standby mode ( Pulses yellow ) and battery charging stops when put on charging (coz its fully charged)
It does not work at  all.
This happened after the latest firmware update.

2021-1-3
Use props
Gershom
New

Mexico

Any update here? I have the same problem with Osmo Mobile 4. Battery fully charged but app shows it as a low symbol. Blinking with green all the time.
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ESl8tRndQiCl
New

Malawi

My very same problem... just today. Help me please
2021-1-10
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Gershom Posted at 1-9 12:09
Any update here? I have the same problem with Osmo Mobile 4. Battery fully charged but app shows it as a low symbol. Blinking with green all the time.

I would suggest you make a new thread, DJI moderators very rarely revisited an old post unless they have been tagged in them
2021-1-10
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_ESl8tRndQiCl Posted at 1-10 02:28
My very same problem... just today. Help me please

I would suggest you make a new thread, DJI moderators very rarely revisited an old post unless they have been tagged in them
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_8yOukReHWSJH
New

United States

Have the same issue, very unhappy!! I’m not going to ask for repair because I don’t want to be charged with a repair fee as well as costing myself more for DJI to fix their mistakes. So, I’m Just going to return it. The customer service has no influence over the Chinese engineers, nor the company is going to tax themselves to do a recall. Pity
2021-1-28
Use props
Manly
New
Flight distance : 18524 ft
United States

I've been having the same issue and it's becoming an incredible pain, especially since I need to use this professionally and 99% of the time can't.

Model: OF100
iPhone 11 Pro

Fully charged Osmo works for about 5 minutes then just bugs out and starts to think the battery is dead. The phone just goes limp and the gimbal becomes unresponsive, prohibiting me from pairing again.

I've reset the bluetooth and completed every other step you mentioned to others here, nothing works now.

2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Ghbb5mBV3YYt
New
Israel

Hello i am having the same issue i am pretty sure  that it is a software issue so if it can be done and downloaded manually would be good but i cant find a way to download it , beside i am trying to do the firmware update and it get stuck on 54% and i get an error of firmware failed (2) so i think it is a software issue i just bought it yesterday ....! a fix would be nice ...
2021-3-8
Use props
riyadji
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-3-20 22:09

same issue, bought it yesterday only, I am using one plus 6 mobile.. please help, how can the app say battery is low inspite of having full charged gimbal.
2021-3-26
Use props
mani_leo
New

Kuwait

Exact same issue. Bought it yesterday, tried upgrading the firmware with iPhone X (stucks at 54%) and with iPhone Xs (stucks at 77%).

Is there no workaround to solve the low-level battery issue yet?

Being paired with the device, and running MIMO app, when i connect iphone charger, it shows mobile charging, when i connect OM3 charger, it doesnt show the charging sign, nor the battery turns green while the battery was fully charged with 3 LED lights on.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_eNWZpEv3Qmrj
New

India

I faced the same after trying a newly available firmware update. It said update failed and then same issue of showing low battery and the  gimbal device not responding to any click or align button happened.
As I had no other go, I kept reconnecting and retrying the firmware update multiple times. Finally after 3 to 4 trials, the firmware decided to get installed somehow and things were back to normal.
Give it a try if you have firmware update option available.
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_1uf3I5EDyHDG
New

Tunisia

Hello anyone have solved the problem?
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ju9pBsYrH5ny
New

South Africa

Hi all, i found a fix to this.

If your DJI mobile 3 displays battery low even though it's fully charged - simply unpair the device and reconnect via Bluetooth. Works like a charm. A bug fix i would definitely recommend to @DJI
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_ZLm4h0yoUhrO
New

India

Mine is OM5 and still not working after doing all the above processes
2022-10-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules