Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ Authorization
1584 19 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steelinox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

Hello:

I completed "Flysafe" and received approval to unlock the P4P+ aircraft controller.
I also used KittyHawk for authorization for flight near Class D airspace and received the clearance.
The operating altitude would be below 100 feet agl. For aerial photo documentation of roof.

Upon arriving the aircraft was powered up and the controllers authorizations "enabled".

The RED banner on the controller App said unable to takeoff, or something to that effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Randy

Kitty Hawk

Kitty Hawk
2020-3-20
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

Here is the flysafe approval....

17AD6630-C865-4305-BA5C-C82D3A85029B.jpeg
2020-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Steelinox, it is recommended to reply back the email with the screenshot of the error and the Flysafe Team will double check and help figure it out.
2020-3-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Dji auth must be written directly from the flysafe site to the ac at some point.  This means you must have everything powered up and also  be online so that the auth can be written into the drone.  Once it is written into the drone, it will stay there for the permitted period.  Good luck.
2020-3-21
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-21 07:40
Dji auth must be written directly from the flysafe site to the ac at some point.  This means you must have everything powered up and also  be online so that the auth can be written into the drone.  Once it is written into the drone, it will stay there for the permitted period.  Good luck.

It was uploaded to the aircraft successfully and was executed [flown] within the time frame...
2020-3-22
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

I will video doing entire process tomorrow and post it up here. Today I will get the Flysafe request started...
2020-3-22
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

I will video doing entire process tomorrow and post it up here. Today I will get the Flysafe request started...
2020-3-22
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

2020-3-22
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

Obtained kitty hawk LAANC and submitted flysafe requests for two ac...
FF62D9CA-3322-40E1-AB3C-108C858966D4.png
3B34E16A-F1E6-4BE6-A038-560798EBEE4A.jpeg
55C91789-8B05-4799-87EC-8871E873FF07.jpeg
image.jpg
2020-3-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Ok.  I've been off the grid today flying fm SF to dc
2020-3-22
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

2020-3-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Some things I see:  

1)  I would keep the controller at least 10 feet away from the drone when launching - preferably further than that.  Looks like you're about ten inches away.  Being too close will cause signal problems.

2)  I would not launch anywhere near the truck.   You've got a steel chassis and rear bumper only inches from the drone which will cause compass problems.  You're also asking for signal deflection problems.

3)  Always launch with a fully charged battery, although this has nothing to do with your problem.

So I wonder if 1) and/or 2) would create a situation which would cause you to see the CANNOT TAKE OFF message?  

If nothing else works and nobody else chimes in, I suggest you join the forum at www.phantomhelp.com and ask there.  

Good luck.
2020-3-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Randy,  This is Randy, Aerial Traffic here in San Diego.  Please follow closely:

1- Hot spot your iPad/device so you are ONLINE

2- Start everything in order.... TX- AC- Go4

3- Tap 3 dots upper right corner of your screen

4- Go to Unlocking License

5- Tap AC, and turn OFF all current licenses

6- IMPORTANT..... tap the < arrow upper left of the window you are in,  then tap the X to exit that window........IF you tap the X first you are not changing the setting.

7- IMPORTANT,  you must be online to fly to get past the CAN'T TAKE OFF SCREEN
8- Be clear of the props and move your AC off and away from the truck...... CSC sticks.....you will get a pop up window and follow instructions

Let me know if that does it for you..... I know I walked several people thru this and it works!!   The fact the FAA LAANC system authorizes you to fly means nothing to DJO Go4 app.

Randy

2020-3-23
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-23 13:02
Hey Randy,  This is Randy, Aerial Traffic here in San Diego.  Please follow closely:

1- Hot spot your iPad/device so you are ONLINE

Okay, will try again tomorrow. The error looks to be not "<" out and not getting saved as in your step 6...
Thank you,
R
2020-3-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Steelinox Posted at 3-23 16:23
Okay, will try again tomorrow. The error looks to be not "

I live just down the hill from where you are trying to fly....a mile closer to the A/P.....I have no issue using this process.
Let me know......

Randy
2020-3-24
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

Went to the site for the 5th attempt and no success.
0109790A-3D10-4439-B23E-37ABEE2B3F85.jpeg
2020-3-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

We got together...6ft +  and we worked this issue.

He has done everything correctly......so when we discussed the flysafe database, he had not updated since early last year ( I don't blame him )

So we flew my bird to get the roofing images he needed......and he was to go home and update the flysafe database.   This happened to me last fall.   I was in CL B air, and my usual process
would not complete as expected.....after scratching my head for 15 min, I had shut everything down......I then restarted....and the system gave me the option to update the FlySafe DB, so I did.

That solved my issue immediately.......After 1 more restart, everything worked as expected and I was in the air!!!

Randy
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica
2020-3-25
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-25 10:06
We got together...6ft +  and we worked this issue.

He has done everything correctly......so when we discussed the flysafe database, he had not updated since early last year ( I don't blame him )

Greatly appreciate your assistance, Randy.
Wonderful pilot community we have here in San Diego...
I did factory restore and got the current "flysafe" download and will head out and try this again...
2020-3-25
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
United States

Still unable to fly NFZ.
The bird is going in for a service.
2020-3-25
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain