Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P slowly drifting to the left
1773 4 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffreyS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

I use two Phantom 4 Pro v2.0.  I recently updated the firmware.  Since then they both have the same bad behavoir.  When hovering, they slowly drift to the left.  As a photographer, I had counted on my P4P's to remain relatively still after 5 or ten seconds of no input, so my photos would be as sharp as possible, especially in low light.  Now the drone will simply not remain stationary.  I did all the calibrations.  What's going on DJI??
2020-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JeffreyS, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drones. Is there any error message prompt in your app? Please record a video to show us the problem, we'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-3-21
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.4
United States

There is no error message.   You don't need a video to understand what I explained.  My P4P is experiencing the common slow yaw drift.  Im sure you know what this is.  It's the solution I need.  Thank you.
2020-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JeffreyS, the Yaw axis of the Phantom 4’s gimbal is skewed to the left (or right) after power-on, please follow the method below to solve the issue:
Place the aircraft on level surface, as shown in the picture below. And then conduct gimbal auto calibration.

Note:
After gimbal auto calibration, if the Yaw axis of the Phantom 4’s gimbal is still slightly skewed, please don't worry, a slight deviation (less than 3°) is acceptable. Please tap Adjust Gimbal under Gimbal Settings to adjust the yaw axis. Thank you.
2020-3-23
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.4
United States

I did that today and also calibrated the controller sticks.  Seems better now.  Will report again soon.  Thanks.  Funny how the calibration instructions say to put the drone on a level surface.  Who would have guessed this position!
2020-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules