Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Seems like good time to fly? By me the air traffic seems to have
835 12 2020-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

It seems like a great day to go for a good solid flight . It’s almost scary how I usually have a bunch of air traffic , commercial planes , beach advertising planes, helicopters . For me , I just usually fly around my property and around my yard . Today really for 1st time the sky is quite. Similar to after a hurricane but even a bit more Erie.
How are the skies by you all? After you poll maybe give your approximate location down below.
Happy safe flying everyone!  Stay safe and God Bless in this mess !
Single SelectVote, Total 4 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

0.00% (0)
50.00% (2)
50.00% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is not much air traffic left.
But it is not different from me as a drone pilot as all the other traffic is much higher.
2020-3-21
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Location central London - normally right under a stacking zone. Now, today only saw one 737 a couple of miles away turning into finals at Heathrow - anything else is at altitude (10,000 metres) flyover towards or from Europe. The silence is actually quite pleasant - through we can hear police sirens more distinctly now.
2020-3-21
Use props
Savage3006
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

By me it was now and then but with this Coronavirus flight restriction is in place and will see less air traffic, stay safe and fly safe.
2020-3-21
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-21 10:01
There is not much air traffic left.
But it is not different from me as a drone pilot as all the other traffic is much higher.

Cool you must be pretty far from airport if traffic much higher
2020-3-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 3-21 12:32
Location central London - normally right under a stacking zone. Now, today only saw one 737 a couple of miles away turning into finals at Heathrow - anything else is at altitude (10,000 metres) flyover towards or from Europe. The silence is actually quite pleasant - through we can hear police sirens more distinctly now.

Hi London ! I’m here in S Florida USA . Same thing here and I am also kind of enjoying the air silence. Hoping for a nice flight today ! Stay safe over there
Cheers
2020-3-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 3-21 14:26
By me it was now and then but with this Coronavirus flight restriction is in place and will see less air traffic, stay safe and fly safe.

Thanks for answering. Same here . Stay safe as well !
2020-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 3-22 10:53
Cool you must be pretty far from airport if traffic much higher

We can only fly to 120m here in NL.
All the air traffic is much above that.
But it is rather silent indeed.
2020-3-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-22 11:28
We can only fly to 120m here in NL.
All the air traffic is much above that.
But it is rather silent indeed.

Yeah man I’m so use to planes flying above but the Erie quietness is weird. Not even any high flyers .. although I did see a cool double engine with pontoons fly by
2020-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 3-22 20:29
Yeah man I’m so use to planes flying above but the Erie quietness is weird. Not even any high flyers .. although I did see a cool double engine with pontoons fly by

True. I even stopped every couple of minutes to enjoy the quiet skies last night on my 'walk before sleeping'.
We did have some weird plane activity the last few days. They seemed to be scanning the sky.
2020-3-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 3-22 20:29

And there were more planes all over The Netherlands doing these patterns.
2020-3-23
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-23 07:58
And there were more planes all over The Netherlands doing these patterns.
[view_image]

Wow ! That a lot in all sort of patterns.  Maybe private air crafts do you think ? Maybe military scanning ?
2020-3-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 3-23 08:18
Wow ! That a lot in all sort of patterns.  Maybe private air crafts do you think ? Maybe military scanning ?

There is some debate about this.
But I have not checked today (yesterday was Sunday, so not many companies were open)
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules