Black screen on smart controller again
5604 14 2020-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

I have a new Smart controller and a Mavic Emterprize dual . It worked fine for first few startups, then as it did updates i started having greif , I dont have any camera view, I can fly it every thing else shows on screen but no vidieo , after a couple reboots it starts the feed again , then about 18th of march it did another remote update after that almost inpossible to get vidieo . I did find online to start everything up , go to recents close down pilot app restart and guess what it seems to fix it . Now no matter how I shut down or start up I have to open pilot then close it thru recents and start it up again . I plan to be using this for search and rescue and as is this is totally unreliablae I see there has been issues in the past with this same problem and looks like it has never been fixed yet.  I am about to demand my money back if this does not get fixed as it seemed to be ongoing .
2020-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, sorry that you are experiencing an issue with the Smart Controller. May I know if there is any error message when the screen gets black? Please try to reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, please provide the screenshots of the camera view and the firmware info list for further confirmation, thank you.
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 3-22 01:50
Hi, sorry that you are experiencing an issue with the Smart Controller. May I know if there is any error message when the screen gets black? Please try to reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, please provide the screenshots of the camera view and the firmware info list for further confirmation, thank you.

No error message , same screen as several others have posted example in April of 2019 from user fansc6d91057 post" No video on smart controller"every thing shows but its a black video feed , I'll try and get a screen shot but today it started up properly
  v01.01.0640 current 2019-12-26 on drone .  System version on SC 1.0.650.. kernel 4.4.83... android 7.1.2... and I saw a update 1.7.2-158467403962 download but cant find that number again , every time it loads it checks and says I'm up to date .
Which video settings do you want me to try and change , I have flipped between cam and vid, but its all black .
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z Posted at 3-22 07:45
No error message , same screen as several others have posted example in April of 2019 from user fansc6d91057 post" No video on smart controller"every thing shows but its a black video feed , I'll try and get a screen shot but today it started up properly
  v01.01.0640 current 2019-12-26 on drone .  System version on SC 1.0.650.. kernel 4.4.83... android 7.1.2... and I saw a update 1.7.2-158467403962 download but cant find that number again , every time it loads it checks and says I'm up to date .
Which video settings do you want me to try and change , I have flipped between cam and vid, but its all black .

next time it did it , just did a quick phone shot of screen
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

Just found out it does take and save a picture , but must look in files to see it
2020-3-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z Posted at 3-22 07:45
No error message , same screen as several others have posted example in April of 2019 from user fansc6d91057 post" No video on smart controller"every thing shows but its a black video feed , I'll try and get a screen shot but today it started up properly
  v01.01.0640 current 2019-12-26 on drone .  System version on SC 1.0.650.. kernel 4.4.83... android 7.1.2... and I saw a update 1.7.2-158467403962 download but cant find that number again , every time it loads it checks and says I'm up to date .

Thanks for getting back with the details. So the transmission gets back in this specific time, right?
Could you please also provide the version info of the pilot app? It would be nice if you can provide the screenshots of all the version info.
If the drone and controller are starting up properly now, please check if the black screen issue is duplicated or it reappears.
At this moment, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the controller and see if the issue can be fixed. Please keep us updated about the result.
2020-3-22
Use props
usaum
lvl.1

Germany

i cannot believe dji keeps on selling a 649 euro device that has a known defect since  more than a year! the mavic 2 pro is not supported any more. check out which date the latest firmware has and you will know what the deal is. they care only to sell the latest drones and support these. the 1400 euro m2p support  ......who cares? incredible! yes, i also have black screen on a brand new smart controller. cam today out of the box! will be back in the box tomorrowand ciao!
2020-5-25
Use props
usaum
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 3-22 01:50

as if you wouldnt know the issue!! shame on you
2020-5-25
Use props
ChiukiAmsterdam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7163576 ft

Netherlands

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Like I said, everything is up-to-date.
Are other people experiencing this issue still?
Has this been addressed by DJI yet? Why has this not been resolved in an update yet? It could be a huge problem, and dangerous!
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

That is the exact same problem .. Mine is still doing it every 5th or so times i restart it , total pain in the ass having to close down the app but that does clear it up , and yes we are not the only ones with this issue.  I was suppose to send them the pilot app version but Im bad never did.  Mine was totally updated as of April , then it did an update and after that it went to hell , I'm now scared to do any updates because as this is a search and rescue drone I cant have it get worst than it is .  
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

pilot version 1.7.2
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_La3ewGGxM55Z
lvl.1

Canada

Well i bit the bullet and did a complete update as of today ,  01.01.0700 drone , new pilot something 8, cant find the about at the moment  . 7.1.2 android .. ... AND FIRST TIME I STARTED IT GOT THE BLACK SCREEN OF NO VIDEO. see if I can find more to update .   
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_A97TrzKt25vH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100712 ft
Canada

Don't waste your time with DJI Support. And DJI Thor...your reply should have been "Sorry that our Smart Controller is defective". They will go through this ritual that is meant to fool you into thinking they give two ...es about problems with their drone, and then the "engineer" who is supposedly conducting an honest analysis will make up some BS story, and then, TRY TO SELL YOU A NEW DRONE. Didn't know engineers did that.

I lost a drone coming back to a houseboat from a boat launch with an intended return to the boat before RTH activated. In the landing process, which went down to about seven feet, there was a need to raise up and move to the side of the boat due to a passenger coming out from under cover. That short delay did result in RTH activating, and the drone turned and went at high speed to the water area where the boat HAD been at launch. I saw it go, knew what was happening, went to cancel RTH, and in that process the screen went black. I did see the red X for a second or two and got a couple of punches in, but then lost the screen. It did come back, not sure why or what I pushed other than previous page, but it was too late and I could see that what the blank screen was covering was the second step in cancelling RTH, that stupid yellow slider thing. Tremendous video and I'm sure I can recover the cost of the lost drone, and considerably more,  by selling it to DJI's competitors, but for the moment I'm letting DJI dig themselves in deeper and not entirely eliminating the possibility that they will do the right thing and replace the drone.

My email is pmacroibeaird@gmail.com if I disappear from this forum.

BTW, DJI knows the screen went blank. I'm sure they know the implications of that in an unwanted RTH process and cancelling it. Never mentioned in the "analysis".

And, the Smart Controller installed an update all by itself the day before this incident. I don't recall ever having a blank screen before that.
2021-6-6
Use props
Yeti
lvl.1
United States

I've just updated all the firm ware when I got a replacement M. Pro 2.   In the middle of testing flying, the entire screen darkens on the smart controller and I can't read anything at all. This has happend four or five times.  Once I seemed to get it to reset by going  up and getting more sky, another time it seemed to randomly reset.  No error mesages. I tried rebooting the drone--still happened. Further, there is a distinctive color shift (rich color flattens, shadows taken on a cyan hue) and exposure in the middle of a shoot even though I've changed the distance from subject or lighting (a cliff) , but only changed altitude.  Happens repeatedly over the past month, with both old and ew drone.  Suspect it is in the smartcontroller.  So two issues,  screen going dark, color shift/expoure while shooting---all firmware updated.
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules