3320 7 2020-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrNowell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Mavic Air!

So, it's been about three months since I last had the chance to fly so yesterday I tried to use my drone near a lake near my home and shockingly I started seeing an error about main controller data error and many errors following that.

Including:

Gimbal Error
Main Controller Data Error
IMU Error (which kept asking me to reset my drone)

However, and here's the weird thing! I connected to the drone to my mobile and it works perfectly and there are no errors at all! I can fly no problem just off the mobile phone but I've got big fat hands so it's hard to fly with my phone.

So my question is this - If I got a replacement controller will the drone go back to normal considering that it works perfectly with my mobile, or is there are much bigger issue I shouild be worrying about?

Thanks,
MrNowell

2020-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

that is strange, did you tried to calibrate IMU is that even possible?
2020-3-22
Use props
MrNowell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-22 06:04
that is strange, did you tried to calibrate IMU is that even possible?

Hi DH_Pilot,

No it's not even possible to do that while connected to the controller however I haven't attempted it while connected to the mobile only. Shall I give that a go while only connected to the mobile app?

More than happy to try!

Thanks,
MrNowell
2020-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

I would try it but keep in mind if there is something damaged/broken which is very likely it could become even worse after this action. Was there any crash or any other thing done on the drone before this error came up?
2020-3-22
Use props
MrNowell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-22 06:18
I would try it but keep in mind if there is something damaged/broken which is very likely it could become even worse after this action. Was there any crash or any other thing done on the drone before this error came up?

Hi,

No, I always fly in wide open spaces and I've never crashed or knocked this drone.

Also, the error has now spread to my mobile app so now the errors shown in the images now appear connected to the mobile app and connected via controller.

So, I imagine it's a much worse issue than I first expected, am I correct?
2020-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

This seems like failure of main board but it is hard to say really, but there is definitely some HW problem I think.
2020-3-22
Use props
MrNowell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DH_Pilot!

Hope you're well!

So, I know it's been a few days BUT I've figured it out.

It was the IMU, not sure what EXACTLY the problem was but that was the issue. Ordered another from eBay, slowly and very carefully took the Mavic Air apart and replaced the IMU.

Just tested it out (indoors as we're on lockdown) but it bloody well works! Then tried it in the garden and I can confirm that it flys better than ever.

So thanks for all your help!

MrNowell
2020-3-26
Use props
kevinaldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16818 ft
United States

MrNowell Posted at 2020-3-26 08:39
Hi DH_Pilot!

Hope you're well!

Hello,

Seem like it is not software problem. Do you still have the item from ebay and/or tutorial how to replace the IMU?

I have a Mavic air and have exact problem, no crash or drop but with the same "Main controller data error"

thanks!
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules