Motor 1 beeps but doesn't spin
1972 3 2020-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3jqBd9WElhM5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932 ft

Canada

I've exhausted all my online resources and I don't know how to diagnose my problem any further.

After  a harsh landing during a flight, I noticed that my quad would arm but  the motors won't spin up. I tried diagnosing what was the problem  through the motors tab in BF. All the motors are able to spin up  individually except for motor 1. As soon as I try to spin up motor 1,  all the other motors will also stop spinning up until I recent  everything by unplugging the battery.

I've  tried swapping and re-soldering the motors with the ESC and the problem  still lies with motor 1 position. I've also checked the continuity of  the ESC and no beeps. Also check the resistance of all the motors and  they are the same.

I'm really lost as to what is causing the problem. I'm using the transtec beetle for reference.

2020-3-22
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may have burned out an ESC when you crashed. Could you be more specific about the startup tones. There should be three ascending tones followed by two ascending tones that are longer in duration. The second set of tones indicate the ESCs are receiving a signal from the flight controller. You should check the connector between the flight controller and the ESCs.
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_3jqBd9WElhM5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932 ft

Canada

Tom_A Posted at 3-22 12:13
You may have burned out an ESC when you crashed. Could you be more specific about the startup tones. There should be three ascending tones followed by two ascending tones that are longer in duration. The second set of tones indicate the ESCs are receiving a signal from the flight controller. You should check the connector between the flight controller and the ESCs.

Yes I have the 3-2 tones when I startup. I've also check the connector between and the FC and ESC and it seem fine (I have continuity between the two ports on all wires).
2020-3-22
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Double check wires, solder joints and connectors. If that doesn't do it, swap out the part.  Start with swapping the ESC. Then the motor.  You should probably have and extra esc and motor sitting around anyways.  That will fix it.
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules