1664 5 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justin Case 7
First Officer
Flight distance : 1664583 ft
  • >>>
Italy

A review of Mavic Mini flight capabilities.
And why you should fly with caution

2020-3-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good review.
2020-3-24
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

On the Mini's Wi-Fi transmission the channel in AUTO is selected at start up. Pretty useless if you ask me when you're dealing with ever changing frequency space conditions.

It isn't like in more expensive drones that use redundancy and can switch channels on the fly. The best strategy in my experience is to use MANUAL and select a channel, I've found particularly useful to resort to 5.8 GHz frequency in heavily congested frequency spaces, as the channels available in the mid to upper range are usually beyond the reach of most Wi-Fi 5 GHz routers.

As for range I am pretty content with it, considering we're dealing with just 20mW and 60mW transmit power.

2020-3-24
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Nice review. Where you live there a lot of trees that interfere with the signal, maybe that's part of the issue. I only lost connection 2 times, related with position of antennas. On the beach I have flown for 600 m without problems. For me 600 m have been enough for my flights.
2020-3-24
Use props
Justin Case 7
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

m80116 Posted at 3-24 06:17
On the Mini's Wi-Fi transmission the channel in AUTO is selected at start up. Pretty useless if you ask me when you're dealing with ever changing frequency space conditions.

It isn't like in more expensive drones that use redundancy and can switch channels on the fly. The best strategy in my experience is to use MANUAL and select a channel, I've found particularly useful to resort to 5.8 GHz frequency in heavily congested frequency spaces, as the channels available in the mid to upper range are usually beyond the reach of most Wi-Fi 5 GHz routers.

Thank you,
really interesting points.
I will try some different channels
2020-4-15
Use props
Justin Case 7
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

amferreira Posted at 3-24 08:44
Nice review. Where you live there a lot of trees that interfere with the signal, maybe that's part of the issue. I only lost connection 2 times, related with position of antennas. On the beach I have flown for 600 m without problems. For me 600 m have been enough for my flights.

Thanks,
not too far from where I live there a some big broadcasting antennas. But I never had major issues with other drone.
I agree that on a beach or open countryside the Mini works very well
2020-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules