Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
URGENT BUG FIX REQUIRED: Batt Voltage Freezes as soon Quad Armed
4168 30 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5705 ft
Australia

Hi DJI and Fellow Users:

This is an urgent issue as battery voltage is needed otherwise flying is hard to gauge how long left to fly.when I first noticed this I destroyed 1 lipo and almost a 2nd.
Soon as I arm the quad, the battery freezes it doesn't read anymore until i unplug and then re-plug battery. So when i plug the Quad in and I have not armed yet I can see the voltage meter being active , It goes down if i just wait. As SOON AS I ARM, the voltage meter freezes exactly where it was before armed and wont go down it will show like battery is still full no matter how long i fly. WHen I land and unplug the battery and the re-plug it in All the votages become updated.

Im quite lost I have the DJI special version T-motor combo stack> ( T-MOTOR F7 HD Flight controller WITH THE T-motor 55A 4IN1 32bit ESC.) I dont need to solder anything I can plug the FC directly into the air unit. Just to be clear nothing is faulty as I have 2 quad builds with this setup just different frame and motors and both do the exact same thing....  both T-motors on each quad i flashed the latest firmware..      i then re-flashed the out of the box FC firmware but and the problem still persists.

Yes I have The Uart selected etc, remember I can see the voltage fine it only isnt fine when the quad is armed , voltage meter freezes and wont move anymore until i re-plug lipo battery

PLease help as this is an urgent issue, being new in this game and not knowing when i should land is a nightmare PLEASE HELP
2020-3-23
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

JUST SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - THE ABOVE PROBLEM IS THE OSD VOLTAGE METER FOR THE QUAD LIPO
2020-3-23
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.3

Czechia

This thread is duplicate to this one https://forum.dji.com/thread-208229-1-1.html which describes the same issue. Nothing new.
also how did you manage to kill your lipo? I went down to 2.5V and my pack still works well. Internal resistance of the pack did not increase much. It's not healthy of course and you should not do it often, but it does not kill the pack instantly once you do it once.
2020-3-23
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

I have read that thread how is this Identical?

MY Battery element is NOT  Slow / stuttering OSD Element.

Mine does not work even With NO SD  CARD NO RECORDING NOTHING NO WORKAROUND!!!........ My Battery VOLTAGE Does not Increase or Decrease as soon as the Quad is armed.

I destroyed a LIPO because Im new to this and didnt even realise I was flying for over 5 min i was waiting for a WARNING VOLTAGE to appear but nothing appears because Voltage meter is NON-Working when quad is armed, this caused myu quad to fall from the sky and the LIPO punctured on the frame screw..
2020-3-23
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

The lipo puncturing on a frame screw is a different issue. You should be running a battery pad to help keep the battery from sliding. This should also prevent damage from frame screws. Some of us have experienced OSD lag issues. I recently updated to Betaflight 4.1.2 and the OSD seems to be less laggy or likely to freeze, but not sure it’s the complete fix. I think there may be more than one related bug. I recommend running a Vifly buzzer. Get the one made for quads, not the one they make for using on a Mavic or Phantom. It makes recovery easier because it beeps really loud and works without the battery being connected for up to 30 hours. If you have one connected to the flight controller, it will also beep if the battery gets low. As long as you stay close when you think the battery may be getting low, you will hear it as an extra warning that you need to land.
2020-3-23
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-23 15:35
I have read that thread how is this Identical?

MY Battery element is NOT  Slow / stuttering OSD Element.

Does this occur every time? I have had flaky OSD information show up, but it doesn’t happen too often. I just land I when I notice the issue and un-plug / re-plug.
2020-3-23
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

I do have a battery pad , But the first drop was violent and caused my lipo to come out of its sling.... I have learned my lesson but its Incredibly annoying as Im a newbie I now have to land and then check my voltage and then sometimes I have about 50 seconds left and its very frustrating taking off again and then landing within 1 minute.

Here is the Kicker -
Everything Works in Betaflight EVEN when armed I can see Battery Voltage meter updating, I took the props off i went into the motors tab I selected Enable safety which allowed my quad to be armed WHILE betaflight plugged in. WHen armed EVerything works perfectly Still in betaflight, VOLTAGE, Current , Amps measuring in real-time on the fly . But In the goggles Battery voltage meter frozen does not update at all.

I initially thought its betaflight so I opened a betaflight issue, But they confirmed it has nothing to do with betaflight and I need to contact DJI.... Another Kicker? This is happening on 2 separate DJI Air Units Bought from different dealers Both built on 2 different frames with the same  T-motor F7 HD stack with 55a 32bit 4in1 esc. It happens On the firmware that it came with out of the box 4.1.1 and I updated it to the latest 4.1.5 16/03/2020 Still the same issue. Both Air units are latest updates dji 1.00.1004 .

Here is my thread in betaflight [CLOSED] and the developer confirms it has nothing to do with the T-motor and betaflight as they are both reading without no issue and it has to do with DJI   https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/issues/9630

This is SO frustrating as i'm only a new flyer and i'm not experienced enough to know when to land appropriately which causes me to land way too early and not enjoying the entire flight.

Interesting you mentioned Buzzer I have Enabled the DSHOT buzzer which is on an aux switch and also beeps when remote is not connected, this is handy if i want to find my quad. I also have the Vi-fly buzzer but not installed where do i install this to make it beep when low battery warning?
2020-3-23
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

Yes every single time I arm the quad my osd meters freeze... its not slow or sometimes happening its every single time i arm.
2020-3-23
Use props
mc54
First Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Do you have your current sensor properly set up?  Have you calibrated it in the power tab in betaflight?
2020-3-23
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

mc54 Posted at 3-23 20:29
Do you have your current sensor properly set up?  Have you calibrated it in the power tab in betaflight?

Yes remember ^^ I said everything works perfect in betaflight it even translates into the OSD, but soon as I Arm the quad it just freezes it wont go up or down. This is with 2 separate dji air units from 2 different dealers
2020-3-23
Use props
mc54
First Officer

United States

Are you looking at the voltage that comes across natively in the DJI system (on the bottom line of the display that you cant move) or the voltage in the OSD that you set up in betaflight that you can move around the screen?

Do those two numbers match?
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

mc54 Posted at 3-24 09:43
Are you looking at the voltage that comes across natively in the DJI system (on the bottom line of the display that you cant move) or the voltage in the OSD that you set up in betaflight that you can move around the screen?

Do those two numbers match?

Yes there is the voltage that comes without the custom OSD , it has like a triangle symbol, this and if i select he custom OSD Battery viktage Bith match and BOTH freeze if the quad is armed. I tried just using the native neter without custom OSD and no go , it stilll freezes

CAN ANYONE WHO USES THIS EXACT SETUP PLEASE SPEAK UP I KNOW FROM LOOKING AT BETAFLIGHT GITHUB YOU GUYS ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE. WE need to speak to DJI so they are aware its a common issue. Or If anyone with this setup found a work around please tell me.

What I just did is connect VIFLY FINDER 2 Buzzer and i now have it beep when it reaches 3.5 volt.  SO hopefully i will be able to hear it and land

Also Im starting to think MAYBE its the DJI edition PLug that comes with the T-motor HD F7 FC, what if i use the DJI air unit and ignore the direct cable and solder the wires directly onto some pads of the esc?  My other wuad which isnt the T-motor HD stack has a different esc and has the wires manually soldered onto the board and it seems to be working . Maybe after market Plug can't publish the voltage properly that it reads and it just ends up overloaded and frozen. If anyone can tell me where i can MANUALLY solder the Air unit wires maybe i should try this , nothing to loose. You see the reading on the betalight is FINE even when quad is armed, its the point of when the info travels to the OSD on High LOAD which is the point it freezes.
2020-3-24
Use props
mc54
First Officer

United States

You seem awfully insistent that people on the internet provide you with answers.  Ok.  My solution: swap it with a Kakute F7 HDV stack, it just works.

2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

mc54 Posted at 3-24 14:01
You seem awfully insistent that people on the internet provide you with answers.  Ok.  My solution: swap it with a Kakute F7 HDV stack, it just works.

WTF are you on about ? Why are you even speaking what a stupid comment. Of course im asking if people have had this issue  and if they were able to resolve, I've troubleshooted all that i can myself so it makes sense to ask if people have had different experiences so we can narrow and nail down the problem. WHich in turn will assist OTHER people who end up buying this setup. Im not going to fkn throw away the stack . WOW dumb.
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

mc54 Posted at 3-24 14:01
You seem awfully insistent that people on the internet provide you with answers.  Ok.  My solution: swap it with a Kakute F7 HDV stack, it just works.
Ive not only asked here Ive emailed DJI and T-motor so Im proactively trying to solve an Issue with a certain stack that T-motor made DJI Editions for, im pretty sure since they are making something to work with DJI that they want to resolve whether it have to be DJI or T-motor. It only makes sense to find out other peoples experiences or work arounds!!!!!
SO far the only work around is a BUzzer to beep and warn you at a set voltage and if you hear this you know you must land soon
2020-3-24
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.3

Czechia

btemtzzz Posted at 3-24 21:10
WTF are you on about ? Why are you even speaking what a stupid comment. Of course im asking if people have had this issue  and if they were able to resolve, I've troubleshooted all that i can myself so it makes sense to ask if people have had different experiences so we can narrow and nail down the problem. WHich in turn will assist OTHER people who end up buying this setup. Im not going to fkn throw away the stack . WOW dumb.

Good luck getting any help with this attitude.
2020-3-24
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-23 16:01
I do have a battery pad , But the first drop was violent and caused my lipo to come out of its sling.... I have learned my lesson but its Incredibly annoying as Im a newbie I now have to land and then check my voltage and then sometimes I have about 50 seconds left and its very frustrating taking off again and then landing within 1 minute.

Here is the Kicker -

Your soldering is probably messed up somewhere or you connected the Vcc wire wrong?  Something is hooked up wrong and if you are new don't connect VBAT and Vcc to the battery leads.  It will blow an FC chip.

If not, something is setup wrong in Betaflight.  Use the latest version w/ the right firmware.  Preferrable the latest 4.2 for that board with load setup defaults.
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

Dude I already mentioned im using the HD Stack whih doesnt require any soldering and that all the readings are perfect in betaflight They are reading no problem. It ALSO is reading in the OSD but as soon as i arm the quad ALl the battery information freeze and do not get updated anymore.

What do you mean betaflight 4.2? I have checked the latest firmware for this target and it says 4.1.5 unless it was just updated today??
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-24 23:01
Your soldering is probably messed up somewhere or you connected the Vcc wire wrong?  Something is hooked up wrong and if you are new don't connect VBAT and Vcc to the battery leads.  It will blow an FC chip.

If not, something is setup wrong in Betaflight.  Use the latest version w/ the right firmware.  Preferrable the latest 4.2 for that board with load setup defaults.

Forgot to quote you in reply ^^^ read above
2020-3-24
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-24 23:16
Dude I already mentioned im using the HD Stack whih doesnt require any soldering and that all the readings are perfect in betaflight They are reading no problem. It ALSO is reading in the OSD but as soon as i arm the quad ALl the battery information freeze and do not get updated anymore.

What do you mean betaflight 4.2? I have checked the latest firmware for this target and it says 4.1.5 unless it was just updated today??

Update to 4.2 and check the battery section to see what the voltage drop-down is set to.  Also check the connections.
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-24 23:28
Update to 4.2 and check the battery section to see what the voltage drop-down is set to.  Also check the connections.

4.2? WHere are you getting betaflight 4.2 for the t-motor F7 stack? The latest i can see is 4.1.5, is there another place i can download this and does it have to be for T-motor or i can use general firmware for all boards
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-24 23:28

Here is a link with all the beta flights showing the latest is 4.1.5

https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/releases
2020-3-24
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-24 23:33
4.2? WHere are you getting betaflight 4.2 for the t-motor F7 stack? The latest i can see is 4.1.5, is there another place i can download this and does it have to be for T-motor or i can use general firmware for all boards

You need to be in another section for releases.  They are pretty much beta and called "unstable releases" but work.  I think it requires expert mode to be on?  It's the one that is above release candidate and release candidate is above stable releases.  You have to make sure you flash online and load custom defaults for the exact board you are using.  All the other settings in the ports tab need to be done right too.
2020-3-24
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-24 23:42
You need to be in another section for releases.  They are pretty much beta and called "unstable releases" but work.  I think it requires expert mode to be on?  It's the one that is above release candidate and release candidate is above stable releases.  You have to make sure you flash online and load custom defaults for the exact board you are using.  All the other settings in the ports tab need to be done right too.

Yes everything is done right , as i said Battery is reading with no issue in the beggining before i arm the quad its when i arm the quad the values freeze and do not get updated.

I just flashed the latest 4.2.0 and copied my betaflight settings via backup. Now it doesnt Arm Its picking up some non-existent arming flag which is not letting it arm. I flash back to other firmware and it works again
2020-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-25 01:24
Yes everything is done right , as i said Battery is reading with no issue in the beggining before i arm the quad its when i arm the quad the values freeze and do not get updated.

I just flashed the latest 4.2.0 and copied my betaflight settings via backup. Now it doesnt Arm Its picking up some non-existent arming flag which is not letting it arm. I flash back to other firmware and it works again

Something is bridged.  Maybe a solder hit an IC trace.
2020-3-25
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-25 01:25
Something is bridged.  Maybe a solder hit an IC trace.

Not sure if your understanding me....Bridged? what does solder have to do with firmware update, i just said I reflash back firmware and it arms no problem again. It doesnt arm when i flash beta 4.2.0... makes the same warning beep if you try to arm with the throttle up but throttle is not up.

Again...Dont forget I said I never had to solder anything regarding the air unit. It has a PLug built in on  the FC board and has a cable which  goes from from the airunit. to the FC . No solder needed
2020-3-25
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

All SOLVED.. In ports under telemetry Remove default Smartport change to disabled all good now. EVerything works perfectly I can record , Not record  etc everything works
2020-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-25 03:27
All SOLVED.. In ports under telemetry Remove default Smartport change to disabled all good now. EVerything works perfectly I can record , Not record  etc everything works

I said something is setup wrong in Betaflight.
2020-3-25
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-25 07:31
I said something is setup wrong in Betaflight.

Easy to say something is wrong , hard to find out what . . The problem was that this was what was the setting someone told me from day 1 and no one else would tell me otherwise..  even github betaflight could not tell me what was wrong.
2020-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

btemtzzz Posted at 3-25 07:41
Easy to say something is wrong , hard to find out what . . The problem was that this was what was the setting someone told me from day 1 and no one else would tell me otherwise..  even github betaflight could not tell me what was wrong.

It's so simple to check every page.
2020-3-25
Use props
btemtzzz
lvl.1
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-25 07:43
It's so simple to check every page.

But the setting i had was the  setting i was told to do from day 1 So this is the setting i looked over thinking it was always correct
2020-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules