123Next >
14763 100 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

what is the DJI Fly package tracking number? I will track it via 17Track.com... Like everything from China
2020-3-25
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When is release for Germany?
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Ice_2k Posted at 3-25 01:36
No, it doesn't. It says it addresses crashes, it's talking about app crashes, not drone crashes.

True, I misread.
2020-3-25
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

TDZHDTV Posted at 3-25 00:04
I hope the new app will be combined with a significant FW update to resolve software based issues discussed (still a significant hardware issue of props hitting AC body).  Has the white data fields in the app been addressed in the fly app?

I hope for that scenario too (effective app+fw update)...
2020-3-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

app shows as 1.0.8 on the app store when i checked but still remains on 1.0.6 on my device with no update even when rescanning for updates, also shows the update as released 2 days ago, do i need to uninstall then reinstall to force it to update?
2020-3-25
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Bezik Posted at 3-25 04:55
app shows as 1.0.8 on the app store when i checked but still remains on 1.0.6 on my device with no update even when rescanning for updates, also shows the update as released 2 days ago, do i need to uninstall then reinstall to force it to update?

Which country?
2020-3-25
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Not seeing it in US App Store yet. Still 1.0.6.

=C=
2020-3-25
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Bezik Posted at 3-25 04:55

I downloaded 1.0.4 app from DJI server and had to download 1.0.6 update (no need to uninstall) from DJI again manually, no autoupdate...
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-25 05:32
Sorry you are experiencing issues.  Problems you see reported in the forum are skewed.  Some Mini users are experiencing the uncontrolled descent issue while many other are not.  Those who suffer a drop post.  Those flying normally don't   I believe the reason we haven't seen an announced fix is DJI is having trouble determining the root cause.

The forum only allows unique usernames.  "McGyver" was probably taken long ago.  You are "McGyver007".  Many of us have custom avatars so they obviously work.  The forum is temperamental about large file size images.  If your avatar doesn't show up after being uploaded, trying slightly reducing its size then save in jpg format to reduce the file size.  Multi-megabyte images do not work.  (I use Firefox exclusively so I know it works for uploading avatars).  To conceal your online status, from Desktop view, click your avatar in the upper right.  You'll see a drop down with "Personal Homepage", "Online", & "Logout".  Click "Online" & it will change to "Stealth".  Now your online status is hidden.

That is, in your opinion, the sport mode was put for beauty, not to be used ...
Bizarre theory
2020-3-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

@Renato61 he didn't write that... let's not make a flame out of air.

If someone were to ask me how to fly above water with a Mavic Mini I'd surely answer only in (almost) ZERO wind, at least several tens of meters above water and possibly without using Sport mode... or at least, being very careful when coming to a halt after an hasty ride.

Perhaps someone is also expecting a Fly app update to heal eventual Mavic Mini problems... that's what your firmware (and battery firmware) is for. Anyway... at this point in time a Fly app update is definitely due.
2020-3-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Dirty Bird said
  Those who suffer a drop post.  Those flying normally don't.

"Squeaky Wheel Syndrome",

Maybe more of us should post  (Or a sticky) "Nothing Bad Happened To My Mini Today" or "Normal Uneventful Flight" to "flatten the curve".   
2020-3-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

im in the UK
2020-3-25
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Bezik Posted at 3-25 10:07
im in the UK

Is the Update online in UK ?
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

m80116 Posted at 3-25 05:59
@Renato61 he didn't write that... let's not make a flame out of air.

If someone were to ask me how to fly above water with a Mavic Mini I'd surely answer only in (almost) ZERO wind, at least several tens of meters above water and possibly without using Sport mode... or at least, being very careful when coming to a halt after an hasty ride.

These may be shareable advice, but Dji does not recommend anything like that.
Therefore the use of the sport mode on the water with moderate wind and at sufficient altitude would be perfectly safe.
2020-3-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FlyRacer Posted at 3-25 10:11
Is the Update online in UK ?

it shows as version 1.0.8 on the android app store but no update as im still on 1.0.6, tried refreshing updates and its updated a few other apps but never the fly app
2020-3-25
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Bezik Posted at 3-25 12:31
it shows as version 1.0.8 on the android app store but no update as im still on 1.0.6, tried refreshing updates and its updated a few other apps but never the fly app

Hmm strange. Maybe theyre preparing a new firmware update ..
2020-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Samsung Galaxy S10+ just updated to DJI FLY V1.0.8.  After the update I started the DJI Fly App and it tells me a new Firmware version is available to download.  It is only 38.55 MB in size.  So going to connect Mini and update firmware and see if it says batteries need updating also.  Will post back results later today.

UPDATE - NO NEW FIRMWARE:  When I connected Mini the only thing that updated was the FlySafe Database so I have no idea why DJI Fly V1.0.8 indicated a new firmware update was available but only updated a database.  Tried it a 2nd time with my Pixel 4XL and it updated DJI Fly to V1.0.8 but after opening the App it did NOT indicate a new firmware update was available.  
2020-3-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

My Phone: Motorola Z3 (Android)
My App Shows 1.0.8 (new version, up-to-date)
Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0400 (firmware up-to-date)
RC Firmware 01.00.0400 (up-to-date)
Flysafe Database of apps 01.00.01.17 (up-to date)

Todays date, 3-25-2020 ( 25/03/20 )  3:25 pm (15:25) MST in Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA

Take this info how you wish........
2020-3-25
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Bowie, MD

Android 10 (Galaxy S9+) - No Update
IOS 13.4 (iPhone 6s Plus) - No Update

Waiting patiently!!
2020-3-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Updating now... S9+ on Android 10.
2020-3-25
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to agree that if you can vastly limit the amount of time you spend in sport mode, do it.

if it is working properly not a problem but apparently it is broken so personally, I'm going to avoid it as much as I can.  will use it only necessary.

its a shame because it's actually a nice way to fly the mini.
2020-3-25
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

double post
2020-3-25
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

deelay Posted at 3-24 23:18
DJI is nothing short of negligent with their lack of acknowledgement to the glaring mavic mini issues (falling out of the sky, etc...) as there are more posts about that than anything.
Now finally when a supposed upgrade is available, it is put out in stages?

I personally don't see why you feel a need to defend DJI in any manner unless you work for them, got a drone for free either by DJI or as a gift (in which case you wouldn't care about spending money on a product that does not perform as advertised). I could be wrong on all counts but your response makes no logical sense, end of story.
Normal app maintenance work would surely include a bar so people can actually see the amount of sats and battery level (white on white background, how brilliant). For you to have no problem in rolling this out is your prerogative, and what is perfectly normal for app/software development is progress and needed features, and above all, stability of the product. The only things rolling right now are my eyes

As a responsible pilot, knowing that my aircraft could suddenly drop out of the sky would deem me reckless in wanting to fly it, especially if there is no known root cause (available to the public of course), not to mention the issue where the remote control stops responding, or worse case scenario, the app causes the phone to crash and reboot, which nullifies any control of the said aircraft.
As you are so keen on software and app development, can you explain why only 5 people seem to have this update and why nobody has posted any evidence of it?

I will note the issues I am aware of, in no particular order:
-Uncommanded descent fault
-Loss of remote control signal
-App crashing and rebooting the phone which results in zero control of the aircraft
-20 meter radius from takeoff is way too much, 5 or max 10 is much safer, I would personally prefer 5 meters with adequate satellites locked
-Sats and battery level are practically invisible with the aircraft in the air if there are clouds
-DJI claiming that the propellers could be faulty...if so why have they not sent out replacement propellers to everyone experiencing that issue? (product shipped with defective props ??)

If the fly more case is somehow damaging the props, DJI should change their recommendation regarding the graphic on how to store the drone (flattening the back props and doubling them over each other) and also send out replacement props to anyone who has the fly more combo (but they won't because all they care about is profit)
When I first opened the fly more package the one thing that I did wonder was why they would secure such flimsy props in the way they did, as they seem to be very delicate, so much that I was very careful unsecuring the props in order not to warp them.

As for software development, what is perfectly normal is to have needed progress and some transparency, acknowledge that there are issues and possibly warn users of potential problems, especially issues that can cause injury and damage to other parties including loss of said aircraft.
If you had a Tesla and it went on autopilot killing people, there would be an issue, but with DJI an uncontrollable aircraft with a mind of its own is not a problem to some users for unknown reasons.

Lastly, it is nothing short of a joke how this update is not available still over 2 days later, obviously the ONLY problem is not the app, the firmware clearly needs to be updated.
Priority should have been given to the app as the code changes for seeing critical data such as sats and battery are obfuscated by clouds in the background.
2020-3-25
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

werdschowern Posted at 3-24 23:55
I think that all apps in Google Play Store are released clockwise. This is a google provision to prevent that all mobile phones with the app are updating simultaneous and overload the Google servers. Microsoft does the same by Windows updates.

If your theory was true, I would be able to download the app at the same time as the other claimed users in north america within the max 5 hour time difference across the continent, which unfortunately didnt happen.
Let's not compare mountains with anthills (namely google and microsoft with DJI)
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

MacGyver007 Posted at 3-25 18:30
I personally don't see why you feel a need to defend DJI in any manner unless you work for them, got a drone for free either by DJI or as a gift (in which case you wouldn't care about spending money on a product that does not perform as advertised). I could be wrong on all counts but your response makes no logical sense, end of story.
Normal app maintenance work would surely include a bar so people can actually see the amount of sats and battery level (white on white background, how brilliant). For you to have no problem in rolling this out is your prerogative, and what is perfectly normal for app/software development is progress and needed features, and above all, stability of the product. The only things rolling right now are my eyes

I also add another thing: if Dji is preparing a firmware change to remedy unwanted descents, he MUST advise everyone not to use the drone in risky situations, without waiting for us to understand which condition to avoid.
2020-3-25
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-23 23:43
Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?

When is the update online for Germany?
2020-3-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

How can i check wich version of the FlyApp is on my mobile device?

In the app i cannot find this information ?!  uh ?

cheers
JJB
2020-3-26
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

FlyRacer Posted at 3-26 00:09
When is the update online for Germany?

Update was online for me since yesterday noon and i live in Germany

i tried the new 1.0.8 yesterday at home, everything was fine, then i head off to my flying spot, tried to start  he app, nothing, time out... had to restart my phone and then tried again and it worked.
the only diffrence i could tell was the changed warning prompts made my phone vibrating.
honestly that was annoying for me, rather than helpful...

hope that the new firmware release will bring some nice features... otherwise Skydio 2 ist coming
2020-3-26
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 3-26 00:18
Hi all,

How can i check wich version of the FlyApp is on my mobile device?

Profile - settings - scroll down.
2020-3-26
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

JJB* Posted at 3-26 00:18
Hi all,

How can i check wich version of the FlyApp is on my mobile device?

Profile -> Settings -> scroll all the way down. I can see the version under the Log Out button.
2020-3-26
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Mini User Posted at 3-26 00:18
Update was only for me since yesterday noon and i live in Germany

i tried the new 1.0.8 yesterday at home, everything was fine, then i head off to my flying spot, tried to start  he app, nothing, time out... had to restart my phone and then tried again and it worked.

Very strange. I live in germany too, but there is no update for me yet.
2020-3-26
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Mini User Posted at 3-26 00:18
Update was only for me since yesterday noon and i live in Germany

Do you use android or ios?
2020-3-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FlyRacer Posted at 3-26 00:25
Profile - settings - scroll down.

thanks....so easy  
2020-3-26
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-23 23:43
Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?

Hi Mindy,

we all appreciate the most important improvement DJI made:

"- Fixes crashing issues"

Thanks a lot, we can fly our Mini with more looseness...

Thanks thanks thanks!!!

2020-3-26
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Inspire_Max Posted at 3-26 01:37
Hi Mindy,

again, those are *app* crashes, not *drone* crashes
2020-3-26
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Inspire_Max Posted at 3-26 01:37
Hi Mindy,

Very funny, no doubt the most important feature!

But I hope that there will other important app fixes like upper bar visibility, sound alarms...
2020-3-26
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

FlyRacer Posted at 3-26 00:26
Do you use android or ios?

i use android 9, but stock android one, without any changes from the manufactures. its an xiaomi mi A2 Lite
2020-3-26
Use props
deelay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97979 ft
Germany

FlyRacer Posted at 3-26 00:25
Very strange. I live in germany too, but there is no update for me yet.

Not strange. That is completely normal. If you do a standard staged rollout in the Play Store you define how many percent of your users get the new version. e.g. roll out a version to 10% of all users, regardless of their country.
You wouldn't do country based rollout since this could a) hide a bug that is only present in a specific country (for example date calculations with a wrong format) or worse b) trigger this bug for EACH user in the country.
Therefore a staged rollout is usually done on a global percentage.
2020-3-26
Use props
andreio15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4301 ft
Romania

Check Advanced Settings in Camera (1.0.8). We have Manual WB on the Mavic Mini!!
2020-3-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

But apparently, the app is flawed. We have users reporting of sluggishness https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211504
Might be a good idea saving our 1.0.6 app before upgrading.
2020-3-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules