Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filters how do they fit
460 5 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got a quad set of Skyreat filtes and they snap on and off easily, without making me worry they're going to fall off.  I just bought a pair of Freewell filters, the first an IR-UV Cut filter fit on fine and snapped in place.  The other, a hybrid ND8/PL filter will not 'twist' on.  In these trying times I hate to send it back (and I mean it will be a burden for me) - Any thoughts on getting it to work? I'm thinking using a nail file and opening up the little legs a little.  To be clear, this filter turns about 1/4 and stops.  I don't want to risk the camera using tools..

All input is appreciated.
2020-3-23
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Porktree,

I bought some polarpro filters and with one of those came a little clamp that makes it easier to put the filter on. It's just a tiny piece of plastic. Didn't see it available in their catalog as a seperate item. It clamps over the filter, so you can push it down better. The very tiny hooks on the little legs get inserted deeper and the filter locks on easier.

I had the same experience like you when trying to put on some filters that they turned just partly and I didn't want to force them and break off. The reason for me was that I couldn't press the whole filter down evenly. The little clamp, they call it "uv tool", made me press the filter and get my filters on and off easier.

If you google for "Camera Lens Filter Remover Tool for DJI Mavic 2 Pro", you might find some from other brands. Maybe you should look for something like that before using the nail file. If you do, just be very careful and try bit by bit.

I also found that the 4 holes on the camera it self are not the same. So it matters how you insert the filter and not turn it upside down.

Wish you luck.

2020-3-23
Use props
Porktree
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, I'm going to hunt down that tool; I've had success putting on and off 5 out of the 6 filters I own - this one is a bugger.  I'm thinking you're correct in your  assessment that I'm not getting equal pressure on all corners - this filter has an adjustable PL and I'm betting that affects things adversely.  I really do want a polarizing nd8 filter to be my base of operations so to speak, but I also want to be able to easily swap filters.  If anyone else has seen a source for the tool post up a link in here
2020-3-23
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Porktree Posted at 3-23 19:33
Thanks, I'm going to hunt down that tool; I've had success putting on and off 5 out of the 6 filters I own - this one is a bugger.  I'm thinking you're correct in your  assessment that I'm not getting equal pressure on all corners - this filter has an adjustable PL and I'm betting that affects things adversely.  I really do want a polarizing nd8 filter to be my base of operations so to speak, but I also want to be able to easily swap filters.  If anyone else has seen a source for the tool post up a link in here

This might be something, Porktree

https://www.amazon.com/Sunshinehomely-Aluminium-Filter-Removal-Accessories/dp/B07M94RSD4#
2020-3-23
Use props
Porktree
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks JohnDG -  that looks like exactly the thing.  If only I could get it before May 1st
2020-3-24
Use props
Porktree
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A quick update; I got a replacement filter and it works perfectly, no tool required.  So, I think I just got unlucky with the first one.
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules