Osmo Pocket Wireless Module disconnects after approx. 30 mins
986 7 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hills
lvl.2
Canada

Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed.

The wireless module disconnected me after about 30minutes of use and I saw the message: 'Osmo Pocket not found' when trying to reconnect. I only managed to reconnect device with mobile afterturning offthe camera and turning it on again.

Is there a solution to this?

2020-3-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Restart your phone?
2020-3-24
Use props
Hills
lvl.2
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 3-24 14:34
Restart your phone?

Restarting the phone did not fix it and neither did closing the app and re-opening the Mimo app. Only way to reconnect is to end recording and turn Osmo Pocket off and on.
2020-3-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Maybe delete and re-install the app.
2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to hear the issue with your Osmo Pocket wireless module. When the Osmo Pocket is connecting to the current mobile phone, make sure other mobile phones’ Wi-Fi function is turned off. At the same time, please check if your mobile device Wi-Fi frequency supports 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz, switch the Wi-Fi frequency or reset the Wi-Fi to check the mobile phone’s recognition status. (The wireless modules’ default frequency is 5.8GHz.)
If the issue stills persists, please use another mobile phone to perform the test. Check if the wireless module can be recognized normally. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know.
2020-3-25
Use props
Hills
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-25 02:24
Hi there, sorry to hear the issue with your Osmo Pocket wireless module. When the Osmo Pocket is connecting to the current mobile phone, make sure other mobile phones’ Wi-Fi function is turned off. At the same time, please check if your mobile device Wi-Fi frequency supports 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz, switch the Wi-Fi frequency or reset the Wi-Fi to check the mobile phone’s recognition status. (The wireless modules’ default frequency is 5.8GHz.)
If the issue stills persists, please use another mobile phone to perform the test. Check if the wireless module can be recognized normally. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, there was another phone present at the time.  I will test again with the WiFi off on other phones.

The phone used  supports 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. Wil check if it can switch the frequency manually.

2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hills Posted at 3-25 08:16
Thanks for the help.

Yes, there was another phone present at the time.  I will test again with the WiFi off on other phones.

You're welcome. If tere is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2020-3-25
Use props
Hills
lvl.2
Canada

I turned off wifi and bluetooth on all other phones nearby and did not experience issues this time and was able to stay connected for almost an hour (until I was done recording). Thanks for the tips!
2020-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules