video stutter (gimbal problem or setting?)
1926 15 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

i have a issue that sometimes it "feels" like the gimbal is not keeping up when Turning the drone right and left.

so i tend to give it more power by moving the stick furtor and then it moves pretty quickly, it "feels" like there is some resistance.

or could that be just a setting ?
i set the Exp to 0.15

check out this video i just made an hour ago (forgive me the exposure, its sunset and i haven't set up anything .. just went to the motorway to have some moving objects in the test footage.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VF98FwksRN6s84cOmf1IZWhx-TdMDobi
2020-3-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Try a turn move like that, but slower and see if its doing the same thing. There can be a bit of 'lag' if you are changing the rate of turn part way through the turn. As the drone is trying to slow in the turn the gimbal corrects back to little bit -  and that might be what you are seeing.
2020-3-24
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

video doesn't work on Mac Pro.
2020-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Savage3006 Posted at 3-24 17:29

The video would play just fine on any computer.
But you are using software that doesn't read MP4 files.
2020-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Most likely it will be better if you pan more slowly.
Or avoid pans at all.
(pans are not a very pleasing type of motion in any video)
2020-3-24
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-24 19:24
video doesn't work on Mac Pro.
The video would play just fine on any computer.
But you are using software that doesn't read MP4 files.

Ok makes sense usually it's a YouTube video.
2020-3-25
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Savage3006 Posted at 3-24 17:29
video doesn't work on Mac Pro.

does work on mine ;) no windows here
2020-5-15
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Lamplighter55 Posted at 3-24 15:06
Try a turn move like that, but slower and see if its doing the same thing. There can be a bit of 'lag' if you are changing the rate of turn part way through the turn. As the drone is trying to slow in the turn the gimbal corrects back to little bit -  and that might be what you are seeing.

hmm yes thank's i tried that and flew really slow, but this always seems to be a problem, i turned off the gimbal assistance in the app and that seem to have removed it, however now it lacks the DJI smoothness generally. however this seems to be a gimbal problem then, maybe dust in the mechanics or somethings ?

2020-5-15
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Montfrooij Posted at 3-24 23:47
Most likely it will be better if you pan more slowly.
Or avoid pans at all.
(pans are not a very pleasing type of motion in any video)

that is true, but  let's say you want to capture somethings big .. keep the object in center, thats where you have to use the Jaw in order to keep the object in frame,  the Mavic can do this super easy, however at some point the video will have this stutter, and I am 99.9% sure this is not a mp4 or recording problem, as i can see the stutter on the phone and the googles as well.
2020-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nullx8 Posted at 5-15 07:59
that is true, but  let's say you want to capture somethings big .. keep the object in center, thats where you have to use the Jaw in order to keep the object in frame,  the Mavic can do this super easy, however at some point the video will have this stutter, and I am 99.9% sure this is not a mp4 or recording problem, as i can see the stutter on the phone and the googles as well.

It is always present, but most prominent in pans.
Slow shutterspeed reduces the effect.
2020-5-16
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi, pans are present problem and if you have to do it, do it very slowly . I can see your video on my PC on YTube. Your gimbal seems stabile. Maybe check speed of your SD card or try a faster one and check the lag again. Hope this helps.
2020-5-17
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Micato Posted at 5-17 10:23
Hi, pans are present problem and if you have to do it, do it very slowly . I can see your video on my PC on YTube. Your gimbal seems stabile. Maybe check speed of your SD card or try a faster one and check the lag again. Hope this helps.

thanks for the input, well the Mavic Pro has onboard memory .. i was under the impression it uses it to cache ?
maybe I am wrong.

i use Sandisk Extrem, they can write up to 90Mbit/sec .. i usually record only 2k7/30 .. so that should not be a issue.

but i will keep try to make some tests with it. in a normal scenario this pan's are not on the final video anyway .. it just really bug's me ;)

plus outwards circle / or panorama is basically impossible to do like this
okay, that can be done "slow" ;)
2020-5-20
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

nullx8 Posted at 5-20 03:29
thanks for the input, well the Mavic Pro has onboard memory .. i was under the impression it uses it to cache ?
maybe I am wrong.

Newer Mavics pro (after Sept 2017) have not onboard memory SD card installed.

That onboard SD memory is mostly used for firmware tampering nowdays (NFZ removal, FCC forcing, etc.)

Video cache (Lq preview) is only stored on your device (phone, tablet etc.) if it is enabled in the GO4 app.

Your Sandisk Extreme card is fast enough.(format it after 2-3 months of use, just a suggestion)

Now I have downloaded your 202Mb video and watched it carefuly (not streamed from Gdrive).

You are in a populated urban place and interference of signal is very possible. First I thought that you have a "video" problem (my bad, sorry).

Try to go on a remote place (village etc.) and try it there if you can.

You are in Thailand, Bangkok? Do you fly in FCC or CE rules of signal transmission? FCC rule is 3x stronger, it depends in wich country you are in (by GPS). Look at Youtube videos, type "Mavic pro FCC".

Good luck!
2020-5-20
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

thanks alot for the inputs, i have this issue in my test field too .. where no interference is .. i think its FCC mode but i'm not entirely sure

yes Latkrabang (close the the Bangkok airport)
2020-6-26
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

Now I think that maybe your RC has an issue with left stick (in mode 2) your pan mode. Can you lower it down to Exp 0.05 and then try a full force on that stick and see can you make 360 without that glitch?
2020-6-26
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

hey and thanks for the suggestion .. my EXP is actually around this numbers anyway
my "defaults" are 0.5 0.22 and 0.1

i tried it but well while i was testing this and try to compare it to the Mini (just to have some frame of reverence) i noticed that the mini is far more easy to control doing stuff like this, even I am unable to make any adjustments at all to how the controller holds ..

check this videos out
this one i manual circle the palmtree with the mini
sorry about the terrible color settings (didn't plan on publishing it)

and then check this one made with the Pro (i made it like 8 hours later so the sun is at a different spot .. thats why the colors off)

the Pro has clearly some jitter where the Mini has not, both where recording with 2k7 30fps
the pro had ISO 100 and shutter of 120
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules