Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where can I get 1100mah Mavic Mini (Japan) Batteries
11630 26 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ollyperkins2gmail.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I need to buy 10 1100mah mavic mini batteries (the lighter ones used in Japan).

Where can I get them from? All the japanese sites don't seem to let you order overseas. I don't mind preordering as I am in no rush to get them. I'll only buy them near the normal retail price.

Best wishes

Olly
2020-3-24
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

The big quesion is, why is the battery itself region locked from DJI??

https://store.dji.com/de/product ... t-flight-battery-jp will get you an error, that you are not to buy it from your region. But why??
2020-3-24
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

for decades, there are dozens of places that can get jdm equipment for you if you really, really gotta have it but will that battery actually work in your drone?

also there are ways to get a look at that .jp website as well.

sorry one other qq if you don't mind, why do you want one?
2020-3-24
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

The Saint Posted at 3-24 18:15
for decades, there are dozens of places that can get jdm equipment for you if you really, really gotta have it but will that battery actually work in your drone?

also there are ways to get a look at that .jp website as well.

The only reason I could think: If you want to travel to Japan and be already prepared. There the drone has to be <200g and not <250g.

But I still dont get it, why you are not allowed to buy it outside of Japan..
2020-3-25
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

just google it; lots of good info on the web.
2020-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thE29 Posted at 3-25 00:57
The only reason I could think: If you want to travel to Japan and be already prepared. There the drone has to be

I don't get it either,  I had read somewhere that the lighter battery gave the mini better performance when taking off at high altitudes. It increases the power to weight ratio.
2020-3-26
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It could in theory, the JPN battery is a LiPo (vs LiIon) which allows higher current discharge than standard battery assuming motors can take advantage of it . Also lighter drone means motors dont need to work as hard. Wouldnt mind having one JPN battery for comparison myself.
2020-3-27
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

I used remambo to order one and at least from this thread, there is should be no warranty issue:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... n-mavic-mini.76601/

2020-3-30
Use props
mrveronn
First Officer
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

Yes, just placed an order through www.remambo.jp which allows direct shopping through the Rakuten market. I've only ordered one battery.  My interest is being able to fly my mini with a few accessories attached (ND filter, lens hood, leg extension, strobe light, Barbie dress, eh?) and still be in the 'micro' drone [mRPA] category here in Canada, staying under the 250g.  Although I have my TCCA basic operations certificate (allowing me to fly small (250g-25kg) drones [sRPA], I can still see some times that I'd want to be able to 'skip the dishes' (er, I mean stay outside the basic operations regulations).

Thank you @thE29 for the remambo service mention...checked it out and seems very well organized.
2020-3-30
Use props
ollyperkins2gmail.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok, that's super helpful, I'm about to order 20 of them.
I just wanted to check if you'd received them as it says in the small print that they are a prohibited item.
2020-3-31
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

ollyperkins2gmail.com Posted at 3-31 00:37
Ok, that's super helpful, I'm about to order 20 of them.
I just wanted to check if you'd received them as it says in the small print that they are a prohibited item.

could you tell us why? Just curious
2020-3-31
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ollyperkins2gmail.com Posted at 3-31 00:37
....in the small print that they are a prohibited item.

here you go:  https://www.post.japanpost.jp/in ... n/restriction02.pdf
2020-3-31
Use props
mrveronn
First Officer
Canada

Got some bad news, my order has been cancelled:

order A-53xxx cancelled, batteries are prohibited for international shipping. It can be shipped only if it is inside a device.
Money returned to your Remambo deposit balance.

Regards,
Kosaka
2020-3-31
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

get an idea about the restrictions here:  https://www.tenso.com/en/static/guide_contraband_lithium

if you want the batteries, you have to get "creative."
2020-3-31
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

mrveronn Posted at 3-31 10:12
Got some bad news, my order has been cancelled:

Damn it.. Got the same message. Thats without a doubt such a stupid law/rule..
2020-4-1
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

The Saint Posted at 3-31 11:40
get an idea about the restrictions here:  https://www.tenso.com/en/static/guide_contraband_lithium

if you want the batteries, you have to get "creative."

Can you give a decent answer, what we could or should do, instead of strange tips no one gets?

Because honestly, I dont get why a battery alone is bad, but within a device its ok.. Who comes up with such crap?

So, when I understand that link correctly, if you order a laptop, cam, whatever, you can have to extra 2 batteries in the same delivery.. Honestly I give up.. Japan is and will forever be a very strange country.
2020-4-1
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

thE29 Posted at 4-1 01:03
Can you give a decent answer, what we could or should do, instead of strange tips no one gets?

Because honestly, I dont get why a battery alone is bad, but within a device its ok.. Who comes up with such crap?

these are laws and this is an official forum not a hackers forums.  im sure dji doesn't appreciate if people are asking or discussing how to circumvent the laws.  I don't like it either but it's the law or it's a rule that somebody thinks good idea; it's not up to me.  it's not a couple of merchants getting together and deciding they want to screw over the customer or not take their money.  it's been this way for years, it didn't start with dji drone batteries.

all you have to do is use the power of the internet and google and the answers are there.  you don't need me to post rogue, underground links/instructions in the dji official forum telling you how to illegally bypass their "shields"....sorry about that.  . if a 100-lot of drone batteries on a JAL flight to
Seattle catches fire and has to emergency land in Anchorage and your name is on that package, is it really gonna matter if it's a stupid rule or not?  
2020-4-1
Use props
mrveronn
First Officer
Canada

I've asked them if I can order a DJI two charging hub and the 1100mah battery and have the charging hub considered as a device.
Edit; no luck. Order cancelled, refund requested. Shame, would have been useful to stay in the micro-drone category occasionally even with various accessories attached.
2020-4-2
Use props
ollyperkins2gmail.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have some customers in the UK asking for them, which is why I want so many.
2020-4-2
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

ollyperkins2gmail.com Posted at 4-2 11:51
I have some customers in the UK asking for them, which is why I want so many.

In ebay you find some seller from UK for 110€ a piece.

Or for USA: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kitcut-ps/item/479789/
2020-5-22
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

The Saint Posted at 4-1 09:15
these are laws and this is an official forum not a hackers forums.  im sure dji doesn't appreciate if people are asking or discussing how to circumvent the laws.  I don't like it either but it's the law or it's a rule that somebody thinks good idea; it's not up to me.  it's not a couple of merchants getting together and deciding they want to screw over the customer or not take their money.  it's been this way for years, it didn't start with dji drone batteries.

all you have to do is use the power of the internet and google and the answers are there.  you don't need me to post rogue, underground links/instructions in the dji official forum telling you how to illegally bypass their "shields"....sorry about that.  . if a 100-lot of drone batteries on a JAL flight to

But when there is another cam in the same package, everything is fine when the battery burst out in flames?

And this strange No LiPo battery is Japan. not DJI.

Why DJI doesnt allow it to buy it from everywhere...

I have some friends who are into RC cars/buggies. Only LiPo 4/S/6S. Never problem to order it from other countries..
2020-5-22
Use props
fans8caf620b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

I am guessing Dji will start selling them here for those who want to stay legal.  Remember, there are also new restrictions on unshielded propellers.
2020-12-29
Use props
fans8caf620b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

These new FAA rules are what one expects from a bureaucracy.  How many accidents with small drones can they cite in which something other than the drone was damaged?
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_B98Ucp5pUg23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4712182 ft
United States

thE29 Posted at 2020-3-24 07:04
The big quesion is, why is the battery itself region locked from DJI??

https://store.dji.com/de/product ... t-flight-battery-jp will get you an error, that you are not to buy it from your region. But why??

I have a friend that lives in Japan that purchased them for me and shipped them to me they were about $45 each and it cost me $12 to ship them well worth it
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_B98Ucp5pUg23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4712182 ft
United States

Totally stoked got a hold of two of them friend of mine lives in Japan it's awesome the only problem is the mini still sees anything added to its body as weight for some reason so you have to turn off the payload on option manually other than that it's great flight time is like you would think about half they claim 18 minutes but it's more like 15. It's awesome though it still doesn't have to be registered even with the add-ons that I have.
16604345336546577718537475271379.jpg
16604347852402635045004916700344.jpg
2022-8-13
Use props
calcium0031
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61447 ft

United States

wahhh they still dont sell 1065's globally
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

calcium0031 Posted at 10-28 21:36
wahhh they still dont sell 1065's globally

Hi. You may also contact our team directly at support@dji.com to inquire about the Japanese version of the battery there is no assurance that it is available but you can give it a try. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules