$150 FPV SYSTEM FOR DJI MAVIC MINI !!!!!!!
8940 16 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DHxU4WJi6lKQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 462142 ft
United States

This is an actual, working, First-Person View system for the DJI Mavic Mini with goggles and tablet! The Yuneec Skyview Goggles ($50) and the Winnovo T10 Tablet with micro-hdmi port ($100), with the shown female hdmi to male micro-hdmi adaptor ($7), complete the FPV system. I have researched and found this system that works perfectly, with the new tablet and the DJI Fly App. The goggles have a male micro-hdmi to male hdmi cable which connects to the shown adaptor, which plugs into the tablet. At the same time, the micro-usb cable included with the mavic mini connects the controller to the tablet. The tablet mount ($17) shown completes the system with the remote controller.
The tablet is brand new, the goggles mirror the tablet screen with high quality. This is a solution to use the Mavic Mini with FPV goggles even though there is no hdmi port on the controller.

Goggles

Goggles

Tablet

Tablet

Adaptor

Adaptor

Tablet Mount

Tablet Mount
2020-3-24
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW! Thanks for sharing this awesome information.
2020-3-24
Use props
Oldnotwise71
lvl.1
Canada

Is this just theory or fact?
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_DHxU4WJi6lKQ
lvl.3
United States

Oldnotwise71 Posted at 4-3 07:35

It is a fact. I have used this system for eight flights now.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_DHxU4WJi6lKQ
lvl.3
United States

Oldnotwise71 Posted at 4-3 07:35

I will make a video soon and provide a youtube link to it.
2020-4-3
Use props
Oldnotwise71
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_DHxU4WJi6lKQ Posted at 4-3 09:14
I will make a video soon and provide a youtube link to it.

That's awesome, I asked because I've already been burned once by not asking the right questions. I own a Samsung S10e which has the same internals etc as the bigger screened S10, but isn't on the DJI list and doesn't work with my new MM. Looking forward to seeing the videos.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_DHxU4WJi6lKQ
lvl.3
United States

Oldnotwise71 Posted at 4-3 13:50
That's awesome, I asked because I've already been burned once by not asking the right questions. I own a Samsung S10e which has the same internals etc as the bigger screened S10, but isn't on the DJI list and doesn't work with my new MM. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

Video Here:

2020-4-13
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

This is also a solution to fly the Mavic Mini with the DJI Goggles. As this DJI Support video states at time 1:58, you can connect the goggles to the phantom remote's hdmi port via hdmi cable, for example. Get the hdmi to micro-hdmi adapter in my video's description link, connect that to the hdmi cable included with the goggles. Use this cable to connect to the tablet's micro-hdmi port, and you should be set! You won't have head tracking, but you can use it like any other FPV goggles.

2020-4-16
Use props
McKelvieTheCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233550 ft
Germany

Good post .. I wanted to keep my S20 as the DJI Fly device so in addition to the goggles I bought these,

Miracast dongle to mirror the phone screen over WiFi ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Display-Receiver-Smartphone-Projector/dp/B0875MZ2NP

HDMI adapter to attach the Miracast dongle to the the Yuneec HDMI cable..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/deleyCON-MK183-HDMI-Adaptor-Connector-Black/dp/B0087ZNMS2

Plus a USB Powerbank to power the Miracast dongle (you can use the Mavic Mini battery charger from the fly more combo kit).

The phone casts its screen to the WiFi dongle and it appears in the goggles. Obviously there will be more WiFi use due to Miracast, so it might affect range in a built up area.
HDMI.JPG

Miracast

Miracast
2020-5-6
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

McKelvieTheCat Posted at 5-6 06:25
Good post .. I wanted to keep my S20 as the DJI Fly device so in addition to the goggles I bought these,

Miracast dongle to mirror the phone screen over WiFi ....

I have bought these and will compare the latency. Your phone has 12 GB RAM, wow! I will use my S8, and see how it works. Thanks!
2020-5-6
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

The ULTIMATE SOLUTION to fly the Mavic Mini with FPV Goggles is with a dongle bluetooth system. Overall, with current prices this system costs 90 usd   ($4 hdmi adapter + $34 dongle + $52 skyview goggles). This is the cheapest AND BEST system with less lag than the tablet system shown above. Anyone who does not have an Iphone or Samsung phone should still get the tablet as this system is overall cheaper (not everyone has a $500+ phone), but for everyone else who does have an Iphone or Samsung phone the dongle system is cheapest and even better.
Links:
adapter     https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dongle       https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
goggles      http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/71 ... %3AgLUAAOSwYf9bIo3X
As an Ebay Partner Network affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

How to connect: goggles-->included hdmi cable-->hdmi female-female adapter-->dongle-->wifi piece and a powerbank. Then download EZMira app and connect phone via bluetooth to dongle.
2020-5-13
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

The BEST tested, reviewed, researched system to fly the Mavic Mini (see post above for items).
2020-5-23
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

TO CONCLUDE THIS THREAD, until DJI officially comes out with SDK for the Mavic Mini (so Litchi is compatible for surveying/mapping, waypoint missions), the BEST way to fly the Mavic Mini with FPV goggles is using a bluetooth dongle and the Yuneec Skyview Goggles. See posts above for items, explanation, and flights using this system. Alternate solutions that didn't work or weren't as good include:
-android tablet with hdmi out to goggles -->greater latency, less portable, more costly if you already fly with a phone-attach a cheap camera module and fly with analog goggles-->terrible quality, better to use the drone's own camera system rather than buying a module that is not intuitive, portable, or integrated
-download the emulator BlueStacks on your PC & download DJI Fly-->no DJI Fly app available, also wouldn't work anways
-attach the Insta360 camera to mavic mini -->interferes with IMU compass & with GPS, would need 2 devices to fly
-split signal from phone to goggles and remote with an hdmi adapter -->not possible, does not split signal
-split signal from remote to phone and goggles-->also not possible, does not work with any (cheap, expensive) hdmi adapter
-gopro app and attach gopro hero 5 session-->too much lag with app, range issue
-use litchi with mavic mini-->SDK not yet available from DJI to use officially with 3rd party apps
-buy $125 DJI hdmi module-->does not work, too expensive anyways, risky might ruin drone system
-put your phone into a VR headset-->cannot touch the screen, do quickshots, etc.
-use one lens fpv goggles-->defeats purpose, same as VR
-IPad Pro--> one port, so even with adapter the 2 signals to remote and goggles are in different modes, so cannot send both at the same time
OTHER SETUPS THAT WORK:-Ipad with miracast dongle setup
-Samsung Tab S4 with miracast
-use DJI Goggles with mavic mini same as the skyview goggles
-use fatshark goggles
-use DJI Racing Edition Goggles
-fly phantom drones with goggles

2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_eh0jAS2XhmhY
New

United States

J. MARC FILMS Posted at 5-25 14:53
TO CONCLUDE THIS THREAD, until DJI officially comes out with SDK for the Mavic Mini (so Litchi is compatible for surveying/mapping, waypoint missions), the BEST way to fly the Mavic Mini with FPV goggles is using a bluetooth dongle and the Yuneec Skyview Goggles. See posts above for items, explanation, and flights using this system. Alternate solutions that didn't work or weren't as good include:
-android tablet with hdmi out to goggles -->greater latency, less portable, more costly if you already fly with a phone-attach a cheap camera module and fly with analog goggles-->terrible quality, better to use the drone's own camera system rather than
buying a module that is not intuitive, portable, or integrated
-download the emulator BlueStacks on your PC & download DJI Fly-->no DJI Fly app available, also wouldn't work anways

Hi, do you think Chromcasting your screen to a Chromecast device instead of the dongle "MPIO" would be the same in terms of latency? Thanks
2020-7-21
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_eh0jAS2XhmhY Posted at 7-21 10:50
Hi, do you think Chromcasting your screen to a Chromecast device instead of the dongle "MPIO" would be the same in terms of latency? Thanks

Yes I think it would be about the same.
2020-8-1
Use props
J. MARC FILMS
lvl.3
United States

Big news!  DJI has released SDK 4.13 for the Mavic Mini. 3rd party apps are being created, and Litchi will likely support this in the near future. It is already available for IOS.

Also VR FPV is now possible, happy flying!
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_B23ITtMzAsIP
New

United States

Thanks to J-Marc and everyone who contributed to this thread. I purchased the wireless dongle for our school's mavic mini (casting from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9), and I Just wanted to add my two cents for anyone else thinking of trying this. Yes -- it will work. However, the latency is significant. You may be alright flying this way in wide open spaces, but I wouldn't operate with this setup if I had to navigate obstacles. That said, this is going to be really great for sharing the screen with others in the field. Thanks again for the info.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules