Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 RTK Wavy Video / Sputter
785 7 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Break051

United States

My firm puchased a Phantom 4 RTK last August/September for Ariela Surveying/mapping and some vidoegraphy.  Recently while shooting video of a site i noticed the video is rather wavy when shot from the Phantom 4, I also noticed this last fall but since the unit is mainly used to take stills i didnt really think anything of it.  Ive also noticed that when leaving to start a mapping mission the unit tends to sputter about 5 feet off the ground then proceed with lift off.  Can anyone help me with these issues?  Ive tried to reach out to DJI numerours times for help and possible repair but have yet to get a response.
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_jx5gbJUVoPgg
New

Chile

i have this problem
2020-3-30
Use props
Break051

United States

Yeah so I think its due to the gimbal having a vibration.  You cant visibly see it vibrate but when you lightly touch it with a finger you can definitely feel it.  My plan is to finish up any work which I've done and send it out to a local repair shop.  It doesn't affect and photogrammetry missions but does make for some crappy video.  I know if I leave the gray foam piece on it does tend to reduce the waviness of the video so I may do that as a band-aid till i get it serviced.  
2020-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Break051 Posted at 4-2 13:05
Yeah so I think its due to the gimbal having a vibration.  You cant visibly see it vibrate but when you lightly touch it with a finger you can definitely feel it.  My plan is to finish up any work which I've done and send it out to a local repair shop.  It doesn't affect and photogrammetry missions but does make for some crappy video.  I know if I leave the gray foam piece on it does tend to reduce the waviness of the video so I may do that as a band-aid till i get it serviced.

"I know if I leave the gray foam piece on it does tend to reduce the waviness of the video so I may do that as a band-aid till i get it serviced.  "

If that 'gray foam piece' is the camera clamping piece, then leaving it on when flying could damage the gimbal motors.
2020-4-2
Use props
Break051

United States

Its the foam that goes between the gimbal arm and the aircraft body.  It tends to dampen the vibration.  It is not the plastic piece that clamps to the legs.  Do you have any work arounds or fixes for this issue?
2020-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Break051 Posted at 4-2 14:18
Its the foam that goes between the gimbal arm and the aircraft body.  It tends to dampen the vibration.  It is not the plastic piece that clamps to the legs.  Do you have any work arounds or fixes for this issue?

Even so, the gimball motors are very weak motors and can be wrecked by having to work against the restraining force of the foam.
2020-4-2
Use props
Break051

United States

Yeah Ive read a number of forms that point the finger at the Vibration absorber on the gimbal.  I think after I get these next few jobs completed i am going to send it in.  Unfortunately I cant get DJI to reply to any service emails or calls.  Any advice is appreciated.
2020-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Break051 Posted at 4-2 17:33
Yeah Ive read a number of forms that point the finger at the Vibration absorber on the gimbal.  I think after I get these next few jobs completed i am going to send it in.  Unfortunately I cant get DJI to reply to any service emails or calls.  Any advice is appreciated.

You would be better off finding a non-DJI repair business, as typically they have no idea how to cure this issue. If it is what I think it is, the problem is a maladjusted servo loop that is on the verge of jittering, and the service shops have not shown any ability to adjust it so far.
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules