No video, just the DJI logo
1378 15 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys - I've spent 2 days on the internet, multiple hours with DJI chat and still nothing. I'm worried that my P3 Pro is dead undefined

I've not flown my drone for a number of years, but now as we're isolating, I finally have more time for my hobby.

My issue is that my tablet is not getting any video feed (just seeing the DJI logo on a black screen). The drone flies perfectly.

I have tried about as much as I can think of:

Different mobile devices, all showing the same symptoms
Different cables
Different memory cards
Factory reset of memory cards
Reset (delink) of the controller and reconnect
Different pilot apps

I have also tried a firmware upgrade but the drone does not seem to be registering the fact that there is a memory card present. The formatting I've done was completed by a MAC and PC but I can't do it from the drone and DJI app as the memory card isn't registering. I've also tried to connect the drone directly to the PC/MAC but it doesn't show up as a device.

IMG_4382.JPG

I am completely stuck and apart from shipping the drone to China, I'm not sure if I can fix it. If anyone is able to offer support I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks
Simon
2020-3-25
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried creating a brand new account on the DJI website and then logging into that new account on your device to see if that works?
2020-3-25
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No.... I'll try that now
2020-3-25
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion, sadly it's the same after setting up a new account.
2020-3-25
Use props
TexasAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92444 ft
United States

This  is a problem others have experienced with the latest firmware upgrade.  The fix which worked for others as well as me was to reboot both the controller and the aircraft a few times.  Also try booting up the aircraft first and the then the controller. Thisworked well for me today.
Hope it solves your issue.
2020-3-25
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks TexasAir - I've tried many different reboots during multiple tests. as the craft isn't seeing the SD card (which I suspect is the root cause) I can't upgrade or change the firmware
2020-3-25
Use props
TexasAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92444 ft
United States

Here's a link to what I think is the same problem.  Hope this helps!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknHHNU4c1c&t=38s
2020-3-25
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks! It might be, but the symptoms are slightly different. Using the DJI app, I can’t see a memory card installed. There’s no way to format the card from the drone itself.
2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for the issue, Simon, I am sorry to tell that the drone may need to be sent in for service. You don't have to send the drone to China as we have service center in Europe. You may start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone.
2020-3-26
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks DJI Thor - I was told because it's so old now that most UK service centres don't support the P3 Pro..... I can't really afford to send it away for repair, looks like it's going back under the bed (
2020-3-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maybe this will help:  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -on-ph3-pro.133487/
2020-3-26
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different phone/tablet. I have found with my 3 pro it can be a bit pernickety unless I am using Apple products. Similarly with cables. I tried a quite a few before I found one that works properly . You mentioned that you have replaced the cable a few times, was it with an old cable or a brand new one? Is you battery voltage what it should be. If they have been in storage for some years they may not be in the peak of health.  Its all very annoying I know.
2020-3-26
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've tried 3 different IOS devices and 1 andriod tablet (The android tablet is what I used before even though I'm sure it's had a software upgrade), 2 different cables for each.

Interestingly, when I tested another pilot app (Letchi) I got a note to say there was no SD card, which there was. The SD worked in the PC and i tried multiple.

Question - Will the device show a live feed if there is no memory card inserted?
2020-3-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

SjWSJW1 Posted at 3-26 06:27
I've tried 3 different IOS devices and 1 andriod tablet (The android tablet is what I used before even though I'm sure it's had a software upgrade), 2 different cables for each.

Interestingly, when I tested another pilot app (Letchi) I got a note to say there was no SD card, which there was. The SD worked in the PC and i tried multiple.

It should show a live feed without the card.  Have you reinstalled the app?
2020-3-26
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve tried on another device, fresh install...

Made a really dull video of the experience!
https://youtu.be/hyF4TXWeIQs
2020-3-26
Use props
SjWSJW1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

unsolved, hoping someone has a clue about what I could try...?
2020-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules