P4 MULTISPECTRAL Release Notes(26/03/2020)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2020.03.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: v00.00.0134
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v00.00.0134
  • DJI GS Pro App: v2.0.10
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.8
  • DJI Terra:        v2.1.3

What's New?
  • The minimum time interval in the “Capture at Equal Time Interval” mode can now be set to 1 s.* When the time interval is set to 1 s, a microSD card with a write speed of at least 50 MB/s is required.
  • Added NDRE and GNDVI live views and the ability to switch between views.*
  • Fixed the issue where the battery health rate was incorrectly displayed as 0.
  • Fixed the issue where linking between the aircraft and remote controller failed in some countries or regions.
  • Fixed the issue where the remote controller could not use the firmware of the P4 Multispectral after having used a firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) remote controller.

* V2.0.10 or later of DJI GS Pro is required. Pay attention to DJI GS Pro version updates.

Notes:
  • The aircraft cannot be downgraded to v00.00.0130 after this firmware update.
  • After updating the remote controller with this firmware version, the remote controller can only be used with the P4 Multispectral aircraft.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft and remote controller is up-to-date and the firmware for the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is v02.01.0012. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v1.2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

2020-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-3-26
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

I am very curious about the first user reports regarding their experiences on the field with this new bird.
Since April 2018 I am using a "good old" P3P with a modified NDVI camera.  
Just today I was wondering if I should invest in a M2ED or the P4M, exactly on the date forum support starts. Maybe it is a sign?
2020-3-26
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you,
2020-3-28
Use props
fans4b4514ff
lvl.2

Iran

Hi everybody
I upgradeed both drone and remote to the last version but there is still linking problem .
I don't know what to do.
Please help me.
2020-3-29
Use props
skymaps s.r.o.
lvl.1

Czechia

Same here. I upgraded to the newest firmware both drone and RC and still cannot link RC with the drone. We need a solution ASAP.
2020-3-31
Use props
maciej.piesyk
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem. this is the second drone (after replacement). please help

2020-3-31
Use props
fans4b4514ff
lvl.2

Iran

i contacted to DJI Technical Support. They told me that I am sorry this problem can't be solved by updating the assistant 2 software.
It will be fixed in the next version firmware, but we haven't get the notice that when the firmware will be released.
If you are urgent, we suggest you send it to us for repair because the release time of new firmware is uncertain now.
2020-4-3
Use props
NaghtyRahv
lvl.1

Australia

Wondering if anyone has info regarding reflectance calibration workflows with the P4 MultiSpec camera array? The P4 MultiSpec has an on-board sunlight sensor, however with other MultiSpec sensors a reflectance calibration target tarp/board is still required, and formal research published on the topic pretty much demands the use of a reflectance calibration target for reproducible and thus comparable results. The only suggestion I could find that folks on the manufacturing end were thinking that we can get away without a reflectance calibration target was in the MicaSense Rededge FAQs (I paraphrase):

'Q: if I use a sunlight sensor (DSL) do I still need to take reflectance calibration target board shots? A: Yes. Although in he future we hope to develop the DSL sensors so the reflectance calibration target board shots are not required.'

So the questions (and I ask the same thing in a couple of different ways purely to ensure clarity):

1. Is a reflectance calibration target board/trap recommended for this sensor array?
2. Would the accuracy/reproducibility of the imagery be better if reflectance calibration target board shots are incorporated into the workflow?
3. Is the P4 multiSpec sunlight sensor so amazing that reflectance calibration target board shots are of no additional value to the workflow?

Cheers!
2020-4-7
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

NaghtyRahv Posted at 4-7 18:44
Wondering if anyone has info regarding reflectance calibration workflows with the P4 MultiSpec camera array? The P4 MultiSpec has an on-board sunlight sensor, however with other MultiSpec sensors a reflectance calibration target tarp/board is still required, and formal research published on the topic pretty much demands the use of a reflectance calibration target for reproducible and thus comparable results. The only suggestion I could find that folks on the manufacturing end were thinking that we can get away without a reflectance calibration target was in the MicaSense Rededge FAQs (I paraphrase):

'Q: if I use a sunlight sensor (DSL) do I still need to take reflectance calibration target board shots? A: Yes. Although in he future we hope to develop the DSL sensors so the reflectance calibration target board shots are not required.'

Yes, we work with reflectance panels - in the rare time when we have a link between drone and rc...

Panel and sunlight sensors don't do the same things. Sunlight sensor equals the lighting conditions during one measuring flight, while reflectance panel flatens differences in sunlight spectrum from one measuring to the next.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ueli Posted at 4-15 22:54
Yes, we work with reflectance panels - in the rare time when we have a link between drone and rc...

Panel and sunlight sensors don't do the same things. Sunlight sensor equals the lighting conditions during one measuring flight, while reflectance panel flatens differences in sunlight spectrum from one measuring to the next.

The linking problem still exists.
We are DJI Dealer and already sent several P4M back to the factory because of this issue.
They instantly come back and are linked, but I don't know how they do it.

When you once connected Go4 or Pilot-App to the P4M RC, it's unlinked and I found no way back than sending it to DJI - still with newest firmware and GS-Pro version.

DJI, any ideas about that?
2020-4-15
Use props
fans220dabd2
lvl.1

Poland

The solution for today - it's a service - restart the device to its initial settings. Then launching the drone using the DJI GS app. If you have the DJI for phantom 4 application installed on your controller then you need to uninstall it
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_cDhCre6ml8Gy
lvl.1

Portugal

"Added NDRE and GNDVI live views and the ability to switch between views."
Does it mean that using some code similar to the following one,  I can have access the NDRE and GNDVI live video donwlink?

(https://developer.dji.com/payload-sdk/documentation/guide/network_port.html):
private VideoFeedView primaryVideoFeed;
private void initUI() {
primaryVideoFeed.registerLiveVideo(VideoFeeder.getInstance().getPrimaryVideoFeed(),true);
startStreaming(); }

Additionally using the DJI SDK can live stream all six spectral images in real time?

2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_slBG3JuFCWgw
New

France

Hi,
I have P4M and trying to update RC firmware but it's always failed at 99% (dji assistant 2 closed ). I'm currently on P4M RC version v0130 and the latest version is v0136
I've tried to cable RC to computer with or without P4M cable too / RC to computer and RC to P4M / etc. ... nothing working.

I don't find any solution. Anyone here how make it upgrade ?
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules