DJI FPV Remote Controller Roll and Yaw issues
6625 18 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ayuuzawa
lvl.1

Australia

Just received my DJI FPV Mode 2 Combo earlier today.

I've encountered an issue with the RC when either Yaw or Roll is moved to their maximum positions. On both the Windows 10 Controller interface and Liftoff simulator, the position of the sticks will show at maximum momentarily before suddenly appearing at their minimum values. This is all happening whilst I am holding the sticks to their maximums.

The issue is able to be reproduced consistently if I move either stick to the bottom right positions. It will show the yaw or roll values increasing before suddenly dropping to minimum once maximum is reached.

Is there a fix for this issue?

2020-3-26
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen this too, but it only happens when connected to a computer and using a simulator. I’m not sure if this is something that needs to be fixed in the remote or in the simulators.
2020-3-26
Use props
Ayuuzawa
lvl.1

Australia

Tom_A Posted at 3-26 09:47
I have seen this too, but it only happens when connected to a computer and using a simulator. I’m not sure if this is something that needs to be fixed in the remote or in the simulators.

I'm not able to test the RC on a quad yet, but if this is true then it's relieving to know that the quad won't be suddenly flipping on me during flight.
2020-3-26
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ayuuzawa Posted at 3-26 10:08
I'm not able to test the RC on a quad yet, but if this is true then it's relieving to know that the quad won't be suddenly flipping on me during flight.

I didn’t notice this issue on mine immediately. When I did notice it, I hooked a quad up to Betaflight and tested to be sure it was not happening when really flying.
2020-3-26
Use props
schl0r
lvl.2

Germany

same for me. I was about to send my controller back when I realised that the issue does not exist in Betaflight. You will not have this issue in real flight. Only in Sim.
You can mitigate by recalibrate the controller through the goggles.

2020-3-26
Use props
Ayuuzawa
lvl.1

Australia

schl0r Posted at 3-26 13:49
same for me. I was about to send my controller back when I realised that the issue does not exist in Betaflight. You will not have this issue in real flight. Only in Sim.
You can mitigate by recalibrate the controller through the goggles.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to test it in betaflight first thing when I get the chance.
2020-3-26
Use props
schl0r
lvl.2

Germany

the problem is Windows, I reckon.
When you calibrate the controller in Windows, you can check the checkbox for 'raw input'. You'll see that Windows thinks that after 128 follows minus 127.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You may try to calibrate the controller after connecting to the simulator. If the actual flight is normal, there is no issue with the controller, please don't worry.
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_oqivBPIo3gNE
New

Italy

I just received the fpv combo too. I have just use the remote linked to the PC and the simulator. It's normal that as soon as turn on the remote there is a fan quite noisy? I mean very noisy
2020-3-30
Use props
Ayuuzawa
lvl.1

Australia

schl0r Posted at 3-27 01:04
the problem is Windows, I reckon.
When you calibrate the controller in Windows, you can check the checkbox for 'raw input'. You'll see that Windows thinks that after 128 follows minus 127.

Yea, seems to be the case. If I remember correctly on the Taranis I had there were options to limit channel output to 127 so this wouldn't happen.

But again, if it doesn't happen in betaflight then there isn't a major issue.
2020-3-30
Use props
Ayuuzawa
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_oqivBPIo3gNE Posted at 3-30 14:47
I just received the fpv combo too. I have just use the remote linked to the PC and the simulator. It's normal that as soon as turn on the remote there is a fan quite noisy? I mean very noisy

I experienced the same. The fan in the controller seems to be quite loud, but I think it's normal.
2020-3-30
Use props
tags_fpv
New
Canada

I have the same issue.  But for me it is the throttle. when I have the throttle all the way down, it goes into MAX throttle mode on my simulator.  Does anyone have a fix for this?
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, an update for the issue, we will fix it in a future firmware update.
2020-4-23
Use props
PortlandProDrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231155 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-23 01:55
Hi all, an update for the issue, we will fix it in a future firmware update.

I also just received my DJI FPV remote and it is doing the same thing in the simulator. I'm on Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.05.00 and it is still doing it. Has the fix be issued in a firmware update yet?

Thanks, Chris
2020-6-9
Use props
Tin Le
New

United States

Having this weird issue where, when testing quads up close. Feathering the throttle from 20% to 40% back and forth, the throttle response will stop and the throttle will go to full throttle.  I can reproduce this with multiple quads.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_0tVDt6t9MVxG
New

United States

Same issue in DRL simulator.
2020-11-14
Use props
FPVC
lvl.1
France

Deleted
2021-6-28
Use props
FPVC
lvl.1
France

Oops
2021-6-28
Use props
FPVC
lvl.1
France

Hi, just bought an FPV controller and hooked it up with Liftoff, but the yaw channel is not recognized by the SIM. I updated the firmware yesterday to the latest. Changed usbC cable, but nothing! Could not even map it manually with the calibration. The yaw channel is not visible by liftoff, only 3 channels are seen!?!? Any insight guys? Has this been noticed by anyone. Nothing on this issue on the web no-where. It seems I am the only one? Strangely enough? Would it be a defective radio? I plugged in my FPV controller 2 and working fine!!! Getting worried here as this new controller is for a cinewhoop I am awaiting with a Cadix vista…. Wanted to train with it, BUT no YAW! Harrrt!!!
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules