Mavic Air does not activate ("network error")
4220 14 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kedasik
New
Flight distance : 1273 ft
Poland

I searched for the simila topics - seems they are all quite old so I decided to create new one...\

I try to activate brand new Mavic Air.
I manage to connect RC-dron. I even managed to update the firmware (so the internet connection works).
When I enter the final activation stage, I got "Network error" message (despite of having working internet connection as GO4 proves connecting to download firmware and validate my account).

I learnt from the internet that this is not new. And found few colleagues who solved that downloading older version of DJI GO 4 application.
I tried to do the same on iOS (donwloading DJI GO and DJI Fly apps from AppStore), but it didn't work.

DJI Support asked me to wait for the email (????).

Is there any trick I could use to make this thing flying (before deciding to return it to the retailer)?

SN 0K1CGCHRAJ2FBC

Regards/Waldek
2020-3-26
Use props
phihebe2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141240 ft
France

Hello,

I'm having the same issue today with a unit coming from the DJI repair center in the Netherlands.
Contact DJI support and they told me they were investigating...  They told me to test my connexion to their server using this link : https://active.dji.com/api/active_services/health - if you get an ok message, it means the error is not on your connexion side according to them.

For Information here's what I tried without success on my side :

-tried with 3 devices (iphone 8, 7 and 7)
-tried with 2 cellular network and 1 wi/fi
-tried resetting the device to factory settings using DJI assistant 2
-update No Fly Zone Database using DJI assistant 2

Hope  they'll get back to us soon!

Cheers/Phil
2020-3-26
Use props
G.r.thompson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having the same issue in the UK trying to activate my new Mavic Air and getting 'Activation Failed Network Error' message.

Iv re-installed DJI assistant 2, checked firmware, re-installed the app on my iPad and iPhone, Tried connecting using the drones Wifi - no joy anywhere.

Iv emailed DJI support but hopefully someone on here can help us all out! - Seems to be a lot of threads with similar issues going back years!
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_n9PhfdLmqqZz
lvl.1
United States

Yep. I’ve got the same issue trying to activate my new Mavic Air today in the US. Using an iPhone 7. Network error.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_Q3A1PzqadAcf
New

United States

Just got my Mavic Air in the mail today. Same exact issue. Tried it on WiFi, on cellular, with my iPhone 11 Pro, and on my iPad all using the DJI GO 4 app. I have an email out to support. I don’t think it is coincidence that we are all having issues on the same day. All the other posts I’ve seen are from 2017/2018
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_Q3A1PzqadAcf
New

United States

phihebe2 Posted at 3-26 12:23
Hello,

I'm having the same issue today with a unit coming from the DJI repair center in the Netherlands.

Thanks for the info Phil! Apparently I’m “OK”. I’m assuming I’m simply at the mercy of DJI support to help me now.
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been escalated to our engineers to check the activation server, at the same time, may we have the following information?
1. The model of your drone and the sertial number?
2. APP version and the OS susyem of your mobile device (Android or iOS).
3. Your DJI account if possible.
Thank you in advance.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_C8DRhLnSAYEs
New

Belize

I’m having the same issue in Belize, can’t seem to get past activation and server network error. Grateful if we can get assistance on this!
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we’ve received an update from our engineers and the issue has been solved, please try again and let us know if it happens again. Thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
Kedasik
New
Flight distance : 1273 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-26 22:42
Hi all, we’ve received an update from our engineers and the issue has been solved, please try again and let us know if it happens again. Thank you.

It worked for me right now.
Thank You
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kedasik Posted at 3-27 01:02
It worked for me right now.
Thank You

Glad to know, I've deleted your post which included email, enjoy flying.
2020-3-27
Use props
Bevans37
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81076 ft
United States

I’m still Having issues with Drone registering correctly with NFZ License
Yesterday was an error 1210
Today after DB Update error 13006
I’m in a No Fly zone close to a small airport but usual all I have to do is acknowledge the License and Enjoy Flying. Now when I acknowledge it never accepts it only Error

Please Help stuck in House and need to Fly Drone that cost 1000$ desperately
2020-3-27
Use props
Justin Brown0
New

Canada

I’ve got the exact same activation problem, only mine is stuck on the activation screen. The only progress is that my battery and remote are dying.
2020-4-17
Use props
Justin Brown0
New

Canada

I’ve got the exact same activation problem, only mine is stuck on the activation screen. The only progress is that my battery and remote are dying.
2020-4-17
Use props
Justin Brown0
New

Canada

Hey guys, Just downloaded the brand new DJI GO 4 app reinstalled it installed all the new updates and everything works great now. I did have to re-download the original app on my iPhoneX because we don’t use your apps for a while they temporarily delete themselves so when I clicked on it to reinstall it’s just reinstalled the old app. So I recommend you deleting the old app entirely going to the App Store of your choice and downloading the DJI GO 4 app again as they update from DJI them selves not from your phone. Good luck everyone
2020-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules