Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation issue! Please help! 3/26/2020
12Next >
7277 52 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drsurati
lvl.1
United States

Okay so, this is my 3rd mavic in 1 week.
The first one the gimbal was messed up and taking lopsided pictures. (tried everything possible to reset gimbal)
I retunred it at best buy and they were  gracious and gave me a whole new unit  because I was within the 15 day period.
Bought another one, (this is where the problems start) the second drone wouldn't activate so I thought maybe it was defective.
So I returned that one, bought a whole new unit and the same thing is happening its saying "Activation Failed Network Error" so then I thought it
was my wifi network or verizon network not connecting to DJI's server so I went to my office and tried that wifi network still nothing.

Does that battery not being fully charged before activation have anything to do with it? The phone and remote are still recognizng my drone.
Any solutions? Ive tried reinstalling app restarting phone everything! Ill upload a picture of what it looks like.
OR
Should I just return for full money back and buy from somewhere else?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

IMG_3899.jpg
IMG_3898.jpg
2020-3-26
Use props
phihebe2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141240 ft
France

Hello,

Here's what I replied on another post related to the same issue you're having.... looks like you are not alone!
-----
I'm having the same issue today with a unit coming from the DJI repair center in the Netherlands.
Contact DJI support and they told me they were investigating...  They told me to test my connexion to their server using this link : https://active.dji.com/api/active_services/health - if you get an ok message, it means the error is not on your connexion side according to them.

For Information here's what I tried without success on my side :

-tried with 3 devices (iphone 8, 7 and 7)
-tried with 2 cellular network and 1 wi/fi
-tried resetting the device to factory settings using DJI assistant 2
-update No Fly Zone Database using DJI assistant 2

Hope  they'll get back to us soon!

Cheers/Phil
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_wLhaZCWGK5l0
New
Flight distance : 58225 ft
Switzerland

Me too this problem
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_wLhaZCWGK5l0
New
Switzerland

phihebe2 Posted at 3-26 12:26
Hello,

Here's what I replied on another post related to the same issue you're having.... looks like you are not alone!

Hi, me too this problem
2020-3-26
Use props
phreack
New
United States

Same issue here.  I did verify the connection to their server with the provided link by phihebe2.
2020-3-26
Use props
drsurati
lvl.1
United States

My server connection is also showing OK message!

Just got off the phone with DJI they said try again in 24 hours because it looks like a problem on their end and they are aware of it.
2020-3-26
Use props
Master Mariner
New

Turkey

hi guys
i have the same problem
and this is bullsheet

some one has to reply us...

brgds/master
2020-3-26
Use props
drsurati
lvl.1
United States

If activation works for anyone throughout the day please update us on here!!
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_6McChaFKiu9k
New
Germany

#me too.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_6McChaFKiu9k
New
Germany

I‘ve got the same problem. Maybe tomorrow?
2020-3-26
Use props
fansd977dda6
New
United States

Me too! New phantom 4 had 2 ESC errors out of the box, sent that one back and now the replacement won’t activate due to this “network error”, I originally ordered this drone 2 months ago lol fml
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_rAeSaXqy46OH
New

United States

Support says there is an issue. Says to try tomorrow.
2020-3-26
Use props
SnakeDr
New

United States

I've been trying for half the day to activate my Mav2Pro, and no luck.  I've tried everything, the same as everyone has.
Hopefully we'll get a response and get the solved so we can fly.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_t5bnQ5Dj4nx6
New

United States

Same problem after hours wasted over multiple days. Good chance to see how Best Buy return service works because I'm not spending another hour with this.
2020-3-26
Use props
G.r.thompson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

another one here to add to the list. Mavic Air UK same error message.

please keep us updated when you fix the issue DJI!
2020-3-26
Use props
drsurati
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_t5bnQ5Dj4nx6 Posted at 3-26 15:39
Same problem after hours wasted over multiple days. Good chance to see how Best Buy return service works because I'm not spending another hour with this.

Best Buy here in Tennesse is great I’m on my 3rd mavic pro 2! No questions asked gave me a new one every time
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_4ud6Zv0P18uz
New
Flight distance : 15440 ft
Mexico

I have the exact same problem: Activation Failed Network Error. I reinstalled the iphone app DJI GO 4 without luck. I tried everything...

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
Mavic 2 Zoom

2020-3-26
Use props
SnakeDr
New

United States

drsurati Posted at 3-26 15:44
Best Buy here in Tennesse is great I’m on my 3rd mavic pro 2! No questions asked gave me a new one every time

Any luck activating the new one?
2020-3-26
Use props
fans95b3f972
New
Flight distance : 54767 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue that so many are having.  It’s clear there is a system issue on their side.   I’m not IT guy but maybe restart a server??   I didn’t pay this kind of money for a customer experience nightmare.   Shame on you DJI
2020-3-26
Use props
fans95b3f972
New
United States

I’m having the same issue that so many are having.  It’s clear there is a system issue on their side.   I’m not IT guy but maybe restart a server??   I didn’t pay this kind of money for a customer experience nightmare.   Shame on you DJI
2020-3-26
Use props
Dickiederson
New

United States

Exactly same here with Mavic Pro 2... it’s being returned tomorrow and I’ll never buy from this cowboy company again. What a joke.
2020-3-26
Use props
Dickiederson
New

United States

Do we have to connect to the server every time we want to fly the bloody thing or is it just for activation?
2020-3-26
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Dickiederson Posted at 3-26 18:03
Do we have to connect to the server every time we want to fly the bloody thing or is it just for activation?

Just activation. Most of the time I fly with the smart controller, which has no way than WiFi to connect to the internet. Being out there, I have no Wifi ... so, no connection needed,

Anyway, what you all might try:
1.use a pc and update your controllers and drones using the "assistent 2 for mavic" by usb-cable
2. try activating again after update
3. if still you can't, check your connection. Can you surf the internet ? Then you have a connection. The Wifi symbol on your smart phone doesn't mean you have an outside connection, it simply means that you are connected to a WiFi.
4. Restart your smart phone. Does it make any difference.
5. if all of the above checked, go on bugging DJI  ;-)

Hope you all get registered soon. Succes!
2020-3-26
Use props
fans95b3f972
New
United States

JohnDG Posted at 3-26 18:16
Just activation. Most of the time I fly with the smart controller, which has no way than WiFi to connect to the internet. Being out there, I have no Wifi ... so, no connection needed,

We are all spending hours of our time assuming the issue is on our side.  Maybe as I’m calling in or starting an online chat I get a message that says they are currently experiencing problems with activations.   I had a chat with a customer service rep earlier today who said they would pass it along to engineering.  But at the very end of the chat they said try again in 24-48 hours.  Seriously.   Maybe claim some responsibility and save us a lot of time.  
2020-3-26
Use props
Dickiederson
New

United States

Thanks, I’ve just been through all those steps and still no bueno.
Thanks for the suggestion though, there were a lot more updates to do using that method!
2020-3-26
Use props
Dickiederson
New

United States

Thanks, I’ve just been through all those steps and still no bueno.
Thanks for the suggestion though, there were a lot more updates to do using that method!
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_n9PhfdLmqqZz
lvl.1
United States

Exact same problem here. Online help said their engineers were looking into it and would email me the results. Nothing. This is poor. Can we blame it on the Corona Virus?
2020-3-26
Use props
joshua.scurlockicloud.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167451 ft
United States

I have the same issue trying to active a M2P today. Support said 24-72 hours. I guess the coronavirus hit their activation servers too.

2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been escalated to our engineers to check the activation server, at the same time, may we have the following information?
1. The model of your drone and the sertial number?
2. APP version and the OS susyem of your mobile device (Android or iOS).
3. Your DJI account if possible.
Thank you in advance.
2020-3-26
Use props
SnakeDr
New

United States

Here's a question... I can't activate my drone, but I get a message that says i have 48hrs to buy the DJI Care refresh.
Is there a grace period to purchase care refresh if i can't activate my drone within 48hrs?
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SnakeDr Posted at 3-26 19:21
Here's a question... I can't activate my drone, but I get a message that says i have 48hrs to buy the DJI Care refresh.
Is there a grace period to purchase care refresh if i can't activate my drone within 48hrs?

Hi SnakeDr, DJI Care Refresh can be purchased within 48 hours after the drone activation, if the drone was not activated, no worries about the DJI Care Refresh. Please check my post in 30# and provide more info for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

joshua.scurlockicloud.com Posted at 3-26 19:13
I have the same issue trying to active a M2P today. Support said 24-72 hours. I guess the coronavirus hit their activation servers too.

HJi jochua, please check my post in 30# and provide the required info which would help us to locate and solve the problem more quickly, thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
Dickiederson
New

United States

djiuser_n9PhfdLmqqZz Posted at 3-26 19:09
Exact same problem here. Online help said their engineers were looking into it and would email me the results. Nothing. This is poor. Can we blame it on the Corona Virus?

My Chinese conspiracies are already going haywire!!!
2020-3-26
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey folks,  Let's not beatup Best Buy due to DJI server issues.

Hopefully DJI has informed their Distributors and Retailers about the issue.  You will be happy with this aircraft.....beyond what you think!!  PATIENCE

Randy
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dickiederson Posted at 3-26 18:03

Hi Dickiederson, please check my post in 30# and provide the required info which would help us to locate and solve the problem more quickly, thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we’ve received an update from our engineers and the issue has been solved, please try again and let us know if it happens again. Thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_wLhaZCWGK5l0
New
Switzerland

Hi DJI Mindi, i understand but where send informations (model aircraft, serial number)? In this page?
Regards and thanks for support
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_wLhaZCWGK5l0
New
Switzerland

Just activade! Flyy
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator