New TB55 Batteries, 7 months old. Hub goes red.
1490 3 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bailey
lvl.1

United States

Hello,  I recently inheretited a Matrice UAS setup with two new TB55 batteries that had never been out of the box.  Each battery flashes 1 white dot.  I plug them into the Hub and get an initial yellow that flashes one green, and then goes red.

All I can find is that this is a battery error.  I've researched everything I can find on the web.  Are these batteries really $500 each?? Please Help!

Thanks

2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Baily, we apologize for the troubles with the battery, sold red means battery error, how about leaving it to charge for over 1 hour in case it is still in hibernation mode? If it is still solid red, the battery may have been over-discharged and the cell is broken. We recommend to use a new one. In addtition, please maintain the battery carefully, at least fully charge and discharge the battery once every 3 month, charge or discharge the battery to 50%-65% if not intended to be used for 10 days or more.
2020-3-27
Use props
Bailey
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-27 05:53
Hi Baily, we apologize for the troubles with the battery, sold red means battery error, how about leaving it to charge for over 1 hour in case it is still in hibernation mode? If it is still solid red, the battery may have been over-discharged and the cell is broken. We recommend to use a new one. In addtition, please maintain the battery carefully, at least fully charge and discharge the battery once every 3 month, charge or discharge the battery to 50%-65% if not intended to be used for 10 days or more.

Mindy,  I will place them on charge.

It is impossible that they were overcharged as they had never been unboxed from DJI before yesterday.  This enterprise UAS was ordered July of 2019.  The individual that ordered it subsequently quit in August.  I took over his program, but did not address the UAS until now.  I noticed that batteries are only warranted for 6 months months, but these have never been used.  Who can I contact at DJI to discuss?

Please PM me.  Thank you.

Brian.  
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bailey @ CRAB Posted at 3-27 07:21
Mindy,  I will place them on charge.

It is impossible that they were overcharged as they had never been unboxed from DJI before yesterday.  This enterprise UAS was ordered July of 2019.  The individual that ordered it subsequently quit in August.  I took over his program, but did not address the UAS until now.  I noticed that batteries are only warranted for 6 months months, but these have never been used.  Who can I contact at DJI to discuss?

Sorry for the frustration, we recommend to contact the reseller for verification. Or please email to support@dji.com for further assistance.
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules