1030 8 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Hi guys.
I flew around a little today and I realized a strange behavior.
When flying in Sport-Mode tilting the Gimbal completely down to the ground, as soon as I fly backwards it bugs around and jumps into another angle.

I saw this in another Thread here in the Forum but I forgot who/where it was.
In the Video you can see that I tilt down the Gimbal. Then I fly forward and it already does something, but when flying backwards it does this strange *jump*.
It doesn't happen in Cinematic-Mode. I didn't try it out in Position-Mode.

Is this normal? My Gimbal does a lot of strange things, when flying fast in Sports-Mode or stopping from 100 to 0 but in this case I just accelerated a litte, no fast movement or anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbeiqffctuwixk5/DJI_0933.MP4?dl=0

2020-3-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

it's normal. I'll try and find the other thread for you as I really don't feel like explaining it all over again

LE: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=210807&pid=2106223
2020-3-27
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 3-27 06:49
it's normal. I'll try and find the other thread for you as I really don't feel like explaining it all over again

LE: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=210807&pid=2106223

OK, thanks. But why does it only happen in Sports Mode then?

As I said, my Gimbal does a lot of ... in Sports Mode. Not only in this special scenario. That's why I'm suspicious.

2020-3-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

because in S-mode the drone is faster and therefore tilts more (30 degrees and actually it's the other way around, it's faster *because* it tilts more but you get the gist of it ), which makes it much more likely to exceed the physical range of the gimbal. The gimbal can go to about 110 degrees (0 being straigh forward and 90 directly down). If you're looking straight down and go full speed backwards in P-mode (20deg tilt), the gimbal will be able to compensate for it. If you do it in S (30 deg), it won't because 90 + 30 > 110
2020-3-27
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 3-27 07:05
because in S-mode the drone is faster and therefore tilts more (30 degrees and actually it's the other way around, it's faster *because* it tilts more but you get the gist of it ), which makes it much more likely to exceed the physical range of the gimbal. The gimbal can go to about 110 degrees (0 being straigh forward and 90 directly down). If you're looking straight down and go full speed backwards in P-mode (20deg tilt), the gimbal will be able to compensate for it. If you do it in S (30 deg), it won't because 90 + 30 > 110

OK, sounds logic. But I didn't accelerate like a maniac. Or do you think that the angle gets that quick to the 30° in Sports-Mode that I can simply not do anything about it?
I didn't test it (visually) so far.
2020-3-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Mizzu Posted at 3-27 08:46
OK, sounds logic. But I didn't accelerate like a maniac. Or do you think that the angle gets that quick to the 30° in Sports-Mode that I can simply not do anything about it?
I didn't test it (visually) so far.

Well, S mode is usually not for getting shots. At least not when starting or stopping. You could just use P-mode or C. If you want to fly backwards faster than P mode max speed (20° tilt), you won’t be able to look directly down, it’s as simple as that.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Due to the compact design of the Mavic Mini, the limit range of the gimbal's axis arm is relatively small. When the gimbal faces downward more than -70 °, if the aircraft is largely tilted up, the limit protection will be triggered when the gimbal reaches the limit, and then the gimbal will move back to about -70 °.
The phenomenon is more obvious when flying in S mode.
Suggestions:
1.  Do not brake suddenly when the aircraft flies forward.
2.  Do not accelerate suddenly when the aircraft flies backward.
3.  Control the gimbal tilt angle within -70°.
2020-3-28
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 02:10
Due to the compact design of the Mavic Mini, the limit range of the gimbal's axis arm is relatively small. When the gimbal faces downward more than -70 °, if the aircraft is largely tilted up, the limit protection will be triggered when the gimbal reaches the limit, and then the gimbal will move back to about -70 °.
The phenomenon is more obvious when flying in S mode.
Suggestions:

Thanks.
2020-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You are welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concern.
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules