Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Installing props... a question
511 9 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harpermike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

I have had to replace four props today and while I tried to seat the new screws all the way down, one of them has not seated all the way down,  That leaves a little bit of slop with that prop.  I flew it after the install and it worked fine.  The screw is snug. So should I worry?  I would supply a picture but it's just too tiny for me to show with my phone camera. Thanks for any thoughts.
2020-3-27
Use props
Trevor OV MM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

if the prop is loose around the screw I would have another look at it. I just today replaced all of mine and all were snug.

Updated to the new fly app and went fo a spin. Flew around the yard a bit then took it 600m out and back a few times. 16 minute flight all is good
2020-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mike,

Good that you did not strip the pit!  Hard to fix the pit.  Have you tried to back out the screw and try again?  How about backing out the other screw and trying the problem one first?  Have you tried to change screws with another arm?

While doing all this, please look carefully to see if the screw is straight down.  Is there even the slightest tilt to the screw.  The screw should get past any tilt and screw straight down once you have aligned the screw correctly.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On !
2020-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Harpermike, sorry for that case happened. You are recommended to replace the propellers in pairs to see if they can be installed normally or not. If the issue persists, for fly safety purposes, you may send it in for service. Thanks.
2020-3-30
Use props
Harpermike
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-30 00:00
Hi Harpermike, sorry for that case happened. You are recommended to replace the propellers in pairs to see if they can be installed normally or not. If the issue persists, for fly safety purposes, you may send it in for service. Thanks.

Here is the prop and screw in question. I have tried backing it out and putting a new screw in there and they both failed to seat so that the screw head was below the prop.
4B976389-8553-40C4-8018-08C08CEBD331.jpeg
2020-3-30
Use props
Cal Evans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Harpermike Posted at 3-30 03:37
Here is the prop and screw in question. I have tried backing it out and putting a new screw in there and they both failed to seat so that the screw head was below the prop.

Dumb question but is there any chance the prop is upside down?

I actually installed one upside down once and was confused about why the screw didn't go all the way down. The hole for the screw head is not as big on the bottom as it is on the top. I HOPE this is intentional.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-3-30
Use props
Harpermike
lvl.3
United States

Cal Evans Posted at 3-30 03:42
Dumb question but is there any chance the prop is upside down?

I actually installed one upside down once and was confused about why the screw didn't go all the way down. The hole for the screw head is not as big on the bottom as it is on the top. I HOPE this is intentional.

Stripes are up.  The prop is right side up.  
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Harpermike Posted at 3-30 03:37

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. As I have replied on the floor #5, if the issue still persists, for fly safety considering, you are recommended to send the drone in for a diagnosis.
Please contact our support team at this link: http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs and shipment
times are expected to be delayed.
2020-3-30
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Harpermike Posted at 3-30 04:13
Stripes are up.  The prop is right side up.

Have You checked thread for residue of loctite (threadlock)?
2020-3-30
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Might have been that way from the beginning. If every screw behaves the same way it's the threading in the motor. You can do the DJI way and send it in (and lose probably a month or more of flights), leave it like that if that wasn't causing any issue before or try to tap the threads completely, preferably with and old screw, clean the hole and then re-seat the new prop and screw.
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules