Questions about the Mavic Mini
858 8 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I'm thinking about giving the Mavic Mini a try but have some questions.

Does the app have a live map like on the other drones?  I can see losing sight of this, and that mal is an essential tool, this one is a deal breaker, if there is no map I'm not interested.

Does it automatically return home if the signal is lost?  I live in a congested signal area and the automatic return home has saved me more than once, this is another deal breaker.

Does it have any smart features besides the selfie modes?

Are there any plans to add active track and is there a workaround?

I know it does not have obstacle avoidance, is it light enough that it can just bounce off objects with no damage like other simular drones?

Is it possible to download the full resolution footage directly on to the phone?
2020-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the app have a live map like on the other drones?  I can see losing sight of this, and that mal is an essential tool, this one is a deal breaker, if there is no map I'm not interested.
Does it automatically return home if the signal is lost?  I live in a congested signal area and the automatic return home has saved me more than once, this is another deal breaker.

Go to DJI's website where they have lots of information about what features the drone has.

Does it have any smart features besides the selfie modes?
It is underpowered, has trouble dealing with anything more than a gentle breeze and often has trouble holding altitude or maintaining speed.

Are there any plans to add active track and is there a workaround?
No .. It's a cheap, basic drone

I know it does not have obstacle avoidance, is it light enough that it can just bounce off objects with no damage like other simular drones?
Definitely not

2020-3-27
Use props
Cryptic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

I got you on the 2ed question. Yes it will RTH if the signal is lost for a certain amount of time. If you are far away and there is low battery the drone will land but if you have good amount of battery left then it will come back.
2020-3-27
Use props
Cryptic
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 18:38
Does the app have a live map like on the other drones?  I can see losing sight of this, and that mal is an essential tool, this one is a deal breaker, if there is no map I'm not interested.
Does it automatically return home if the signal is lost?  I live in a congested signal area and the automatic return home has saved me more than once, this is another deal breaker.
Go to DJI's website where they have lots of information about what features the drone has.

I would say that it can do more than a gentle breeze. I have flown it in some higher level winds and it holds its ground.
2020-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cryptic Posted at 3-27 18:41
I would say that it can do more than a gentle breeze. I have flown it in some higher level winds and it holds its ground.

You might say that but it can only fly at 8 metres/sec in still air.
That's half the speed of other DJI drones.
If the wind is more than that it gets blown backwards.
And that's when it's working properly, but unfortunately the Mini is plagued by fatal flaws that mean it can't be relied on to fly properly.
2020-3-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This silly guy might disagree about the crash survivability, but he does have prop guards on (as you should indoors anyway) so you might say that is cheating a bit.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it has live map, you can check it during a flight. Mavic Mini equips with Return to Home feature including smart RTH, failsafe RTH, low battery RTH and so, you may check page 12 to 14 on the manual for the details https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf.
For intelligent flight mode, currently, Mini supports QuickShot. Thanks for your interest.
2020-3-28
Use props
Cryptic
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 19:15
You might say that but it can only fly at 8 metres/sec in still air.
That's half the speed of other DJI drones.

Well ya but it weighs 249 grams.
2020-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cryptic Posted at 3-28 07:12

So people shouldn't expect it work properly all the time?
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules