934 11 2020-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi I am just wondering, does anyone else get a lot of corrupt MP4 files with the Mavic Mini?The last 2 filming trips I have taken with the Mavic Mini, I have ended up with about 4 video files that just wont play and are corrupted. (4 out of about 20 clips)  
I am just wondering if its just me or if anyone else is having this problem.
It may just be that I have a couple of dodgy micro SD cards.

2020-3-28
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

only time i had this was the one time i forgot to stop recording before shutting down the mini
2020-3-28
Use props
Bossinn_ICE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 557300 ft
Iceland

The corrupted files can be repaired. I use Wondershare Video Repair.
Good luck!
2020-3-28
Use props
TomVi
lvl.1

United States

There could be several issues causing this:

1. First, video files may get corrupted if you power off the drone prior to terminating the recording session. You need to press the STOP button prior to turning off the drone.
2. Second, lack of free space on the SD card, even though it reports there is some space yet available on the card. Read this thread for more details: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209049&page=1#pid2088220
You could try quick formatting the card prior each recording session.
3. Finally, the SD card may be corrupted itself. So, if nothing else helps, try to record on another SD card ans see if it help.

Let us know what worked for you.
2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_QlFI9fZezYfJ
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, I think Bitwar Data Recovery may help you recover the corrupted videos. It can scan your device deeply and recover kinds of files. Anyway, you can have a try first if necessary.
2020-4-8
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

All you have to do is put uthe ad card back in, start up everything, video for a bit and turn off filming before you shut down everything. Some files will be fixed
2020-4-8
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

I forgot to stop recording on a video once and had an unusable file, but I plugged the drone into the computer and powered it on (controller and app too) and was able to copy it off there complete.

Just something to try maybe?
2020-4-8
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stubbietubbie Posted at 4-8 02:53
I forgot to stop recording on a video once and had an unusable file, but I plugged the drone into the computer and powered it on (controller and app too) and was able to copy it off there complete.

Just something to try maybe?

thank you will give it a try
2020-4-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

always reformat your card at the beginning of your session,  you don't want to spend the day recording on top of a card in which you cannot properly save the files.
2020-4-8
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I have corrupted files everytime after doing some shots. But it's like they are separately added (maybe by the App?)
I have all my recorded videos, none of them is faulty, but also I have around the same ammount of x KiloBytes Video files, which are all just black in the preview-screen. Not sure what it creates it or why it is created. I just keep deleting them.
2020-4-8
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems to be me forgetting to press stop button when recording.
I done a video this afternoon and was sure I pressed stop, but evidently I didn't and the file wouldn't play once back home. :-(
Anyway I found a solution, thanks to some of the above suggestions. I put the card back into the drone, powered it on and powered on controller.
Loaded up the fly app on my phone and went to the gallery. The file was there but didn't show a thumbnail (just black) and wouldn't play. So I downloaded  the file to my phone just to see if that would work.
20minutes later and walla, played fine on my phone. Transferred it to my PC and works perfect!
So hopefully that solution helps anyone else out.
2020-4-8
Use props
Bekoal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55984 ft
Belgium

This can help too
http://djifix.live555.com
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now