6627 28 2020-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
balazsp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64708 ft
Iceland

Hi,

For some reason I cannot connect the Remote Controller with the aircraft. Everything worked fine until today, when I updated the app on my iPhone to version 1.0.8. When I try to fly, I connect the RC with my iPhone using the cable, the app says "Remote controller connected" but then it just won't connect to the aircraft.

Here's what I tried so far:
- Pairing the remote with the aircraft (it failed after 60 seconds)
- Used different iPhones, one with same app version 1.0.8, then another iPhone where the app is NOT up-to-date
- Tried without the SD card, and also with a formatted SD card
- Tried updating the firmware on the RC using the DJI Assistant, but it seems it already has the latest version
- I wanted to update the firmware on the aircraft too but when I connect the aircraft to my laptop with a USB cable, nothing happens. I tried plugging it in before and after restarting the drone and nothing. I also tried with both Mac and Windows laptop, same result all the time: nothing happens at all, I can't even read the files on the SD card.

A few days ago it flew just fine and I didn't do anything since that other than updating the app. Anyone can help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2020-3-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might help you.

2020-3-28
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

Hello Lucas775,

Thank you for your reply, but that does not help. As I mentioned in my post I did try pairing the drone with the RC and it just fails after trying for 60 seconds
2020-3-28
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Think I will wait before doing the update on mu IOS. See what other people say.
2020-3-28
Use props
alcuar64
lvl.1

Peru

balazsp Posted at 3-28 13:42
Hello Lucas775,

Thank you for your reply, but that does not help. As I mentioned in my post I did try pairing the drone with the RC and it just fails after trying for 60 seconds

ERA PREFERIBLE ESPERAR A INSTALAR LA ACTUALIZACION

QUIZAS ESTO PUEDA AYUDARTE:

EN CONFIGURACION AVANZADA DE LA APLICACION DEBES PERMITIR
- MOSTRAR SOBRE OTRAS APLICACIONES
- PERMITIR AJUSTES DE SISTEMA

FAVOR CONFIRMA SI TE SIRVIO
2020-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads, try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2 software. Meantime, if you encounter any issues, please record a video to show us the problem. We'll do our best to help you.
2020-3-29
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-29 01:26
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads, try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2 software. Meantime, if you encounter any issues, please record a video to show us the problem. We'll do our best to help you.

Hi DJI Natalia, thanks for your answer.

I did try updating the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software.

First I plugged in the RC and saw that it was already using the latest version. I refreshed its firmware.
Then I plugged in the aircraft and nothing happens, the computer doesn't detect it.

I tried restarting the drone, plugging in quickly after powering on, waiting a while before plugging in, and also powering on AFTER plugging in, and nothing helps. I can’t even browse the files on the card, the computer just doesn't detect anything. I tried with Macbook and Windows computers. I also tried multiple cables but since the RC connects without problem, I assume it's not the cable's fault.

What does this mean and what can I do to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.
2020-3-29
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

balazsp Posted at 3-29 05:29
Hi DJI Natalia, thanks for your answer.

I did try updating the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software.

Sounds like you might have the wrong Dji Assistant, this version is for the mini.

Mavic Mini Dji Assistant
2020-3-29
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-29 05:52
Sounds like you might have the wrong Dji Assistant, this version is for the mini.

Mavic Mini Dji Assistant

Hi ABeardedItalian,

That is the version I downloaded. Besides, this wouldn't explain why I can't even browse the files on the Mini when I plug it in.

As far as I know, no special software is required to make the Mini act like a card reader, you just plug it in and you can browse the files. At least that's what I've read should happen, but it doesn't work for me.
2020-3-29
Use props
djiuser_MYYAfR8P3ZOb
lvl.1
United States

I have many questions and it seems I cannot start a new post cause I am a new member. DJI doe snot make talking with the community easy
2020-3-29
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

To sum up:

1. Mobile to RC connection OK ("Remote controller connected")
2. Computer to RC connection OK (I can manage its firmware using DJI Assistant)
3. RC to aircraft connection NOT working (doesn’t connect and pairing fails after 60 seconds)
4. Computer to aircraft connection NOT working (I can’t browse files on the card and I can’t manage the firmware using DJI Assistant, the computer does not detect anything when I plug it in)

I can't use my drone and I would really like to have a working solution. I have 11 flights in it so far, I didn't have any issue before, and I didn't do anything with it that could explain this issue.
2020-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

balazsp Posted at 3-29 12:02
To sum up:

1. Mobile to RC connection OK ("Remote controller connected")

Hi balazsp, please make sure the micro USB port on the drone is in good condition. You may refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again. If the issue still persists, please send the drone in for service. We'll do our best to help this out.

2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_MYYAfR8P3ZOb Posted at 3-29 10:00
I have many questions and it seems I cannot start a new post cause I am a new member. DJI doe snot make talking with the community easy

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. You may refer to the Forum Rules from this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid623200
Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-3-30
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-30 04:06
Hi balazsp, please make sure the micro USB port on the drone is in good condition. You may refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again. If the issue still persists, please send the drone in for service. We'll do our best to help this out.
[view_image]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo&feature=youtu.be

Hi DJI Natalia,

The USB port is in good condition, I have never even touched the USB port before having this issue: I used a card reader to copy the files and the charging hub to charge the aircraft. I plugged in the USB for the first time now, to try to update the firmware on the device.
I'd like to add that the aircraft doesn't connect to the RC wirelessly either, so the issue is probably not related to the USB port.

I purchased my drone less than 3 months ago. I definitely didn't cause this issue (it flew just fine a few days ago and I didn't do anything with it since then), so I suppose this would be a free warranty repair. What is the next step?

I've been looking on your website but I can't find the length of the warranty period. Can you tell me? I bought the drone in the official DJI store in Hungary (EU).
2020-3-30
Use props
FlyingChrishey
lvl.1

Germany

balazsp Posted at 3-30 07:52
Hi DJI Natalia,

The USB port is in good condition, I have never even touched the USB port before having this issue: I used a card reader to copy the files and the charging hub to charge the aircraft. I plugged in the USB for the first time now, to try to update the firmware on the device.

Hi there,

I had the same problem, after 3 successful flights the AC does not pair with the RemoteControl anymore, without any appearant reason. I tried all kind of things, similiar to the first post in this thread.

At first, I was not able to connect the AC to my PC, because I followed the instructions to re-plug and restart the AC while connected. Then, I turned on the AC in unplugged state and pluged in the USB - the AC was now shown in Assistant2. I updated the firmware, but it did not solve the problem. The initial idea of performing a Factory Reset did not work, because there is no such option.

It's very frustrating. It's an awesome drone. However there is not really any useful information on how to get AC and RC to pair again.
Please don't send any URLs to video tutorials I have seen them all, not helpful.
2020-3-30
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

FlyingChrishey Posted at 3-30 12:39
Hi there,

I had the same problem, after 3 successful flights the AC does not pair with the RemoteControl anymore, without any appearant reason. I tried all kind of things, similiar to the first post in this thread.

Hi FlyingChrishey,

Thanks for your post, at least I know that I’m not alone with this weird issue.

Please let me know if you do find a solution for it. I will post here and tag you if I find anything.
2020-3-30
Use props
FlyingChrishey
lvl.1

Germany

Hey there,

@balazsp
Of course, I'll post if I find a solution but currently I am running out of ideas.
The difference between our cases is I use an android device on an Huawai. It's sure to say everything is running on the latest version. - Still no pairing possible trying both methods.

There is one indication that maybe the black connection cable between RC and phone causes the issue. This message keeps popping up when inside the DJI Fly App in an interval of 5-10 seconds:

No matter if I press a button, it keeps reappearing.

So my last hope is to get a new cable from DJI support and everything will be fine again.

2020-3-30
Use props
FlyingChrishey
lvl.1

Germany

Ok, I managed to get the remote connected and to pair them again. The cable is functional, so is RC and MM.

I deleted a lot of android apps and rebooted the smartphone. This time the android system message above showed only twice. Then I could pair via the app. The only thing I found irritating: Why did pairing not work before by long-pressing both power buttons?

Unfortunally, this solution won't help you, Balazsp. Maybe try with another smartphones, then the ones you used. Seems like there are some third party apps, that can interfere. There is no indication from the DJI Fly App, when this happens.

Good luck, you will find a way with or without DJI support, don't give up!
2020-3-30
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

FlyingChrishey Posted at 3-30 13:49
Ok, I managed to get the remote connected and to pair them again. The cable is functional, so is RC and MM.

I deleted a lot of android apps and rebooted the smartphone. This time the android system message above showed only twice. Then I could pair via the app. The only thing I found irritating: Why did pairing not work before by long-pressing both power buttons?

Thanks for the update. It looks like yours is a different issue – in my case the remote and the mobile gets connected correctly, the app even says "Remote controller connected" but the camera view never shows up because the RC can't connect to the aircraft, even if I try pairing them.

By the way, when you plug in your Mini to a computer without the DJI Assistant open, does it show anything on the computer? Can you browse the files on the card?
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

balazsp Posted at 3-30 07:52
Hi DJI Natalia,

The USB port is in good condition, I have never even touched the USB port before having this issue: I used a card reader to copy the files and the charging hub to charge the aircraft. I plugged in the USB for the first time now, to try to update the firmware on the device.

Hi balazsp, I'm so sorry for all the inconvenience caused. I understand how frustrating this is, you are recommended to send the drone in for service, we'll do our best to help this out.
You may start an online repair request on our official web: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact our support team at this link: http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs and shipment
times are expected to be delayed.

For the warranty period, please refer to the information from DJI official web:
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

* Warranty period may vary according to local laws and regulations.
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FlyingChrishey Posted at 3-30 13:49

I deleted a lot of android apps and rebooted the smartphone. This time the android system message above showed only twice. Then I could pair via the app. The only thing I found irritating: Why did pairing not work before by long-pressing both power buttons?

Hi FlyingChrishey, glad to know that you have solved the issue. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.
2020-3-31
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Iceland

Update: I went in to the local DJI store today, they took a look at the drone, tried a few things and said that it must be a defective unit. I guess I'll have to send it in to get it repaired :/ Thanks for the responses everyone.
2020-3-31
Use props
FlyingChrishey
lvl.1

Germany

balazsp Posted at 3-30 16:39
Thanks for the update. It looks like yours is a different issue – in my case the remote and the mobile gets connected correctly, the app even says "Remote controller connected" but the camera view never shows up because the RC can't connect to the aircraft, even if I try pairing them.

By the way, when you plug in your Mini to a computer without the DJI Assistant open, does it show anything on the computer? Can you browse the files on the card?

"By the way, when you plug in your Mini to a computer without the DJI Assistant open, does it show anything on the computer? Can you browse the files on the card?"
2020-4-1
Use props
FlyingChrishey
lvl.1

Germany

balazsp Posted at 3-30 16:39
By the way, when you plug in your Mini to a computer without the DJI Assistant open, does it show anything on the computer? Can you browse the files on the card?

Hi,

For me there is no problem to get access to the mini with the assistant app. But there are very few available options inside the software and as i said, it works only when I have the drone turned on and then connect the USB (it doesn't work the other way around like the instructions say). I can not download videos from my SD card and there is no chance to access it via explorer. Windows doesn't even show there is a USB device connected which seems kind of strange.

At first when I had the described pairing problem, I thought I have an established connection between remote and phone but now I am not sure anymore. I had someone in a different forum tell me he had the same problem with android and he solved it the same way I did, actually an easy fix, but causes anger and stress when you have no idea whats wrong and no error message or indication or no useful advice in the troubleshooting section.

2020-4-1
Use props
Buffalou
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-29 01:26

doesn't work either. Assistant does nothing and doesn't recognize the drone.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Buffalou Posted at 4-17 12:23

Hi Buffalou, which drone do you use, please? May we know more details about the issue that you encountered?
2020-4-18
Use props
weezywayne123
lvl.1

United States

Any updates. Ran into all the same issues and did all the troubleshooting steps listed.
2021-2-20
Use props
balazsp
lvl.1
Hungary

weezywayne123 Posted at 2-20 16:56
Any updates. Ran into all the same issues and did all the troubleshooting steps listed.

Hi, for me the solution was that I've sent the drone in to the EU repair center, they found that it was indeed defective, and they sent me a replacement unit.

I had to pay for sending in the drone, which I think is unfair – I had to pay extra AND wait for weeks, because the drone I got was defective.
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_YB631K2JwQTm
New

Brazil

Buffalou Posted at 2020-4-17 12:23

Hi guys,

How didi you solve the drone issue.

Mine is doing the same defective, can't regojizo on usb computer and also the RC.

I have tried all the instructions and nothing happens.

It happened after i did the firmware update.
2021-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules