Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WiFi interference with GPS computers
4669 16 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K.R.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25623 ft

Germany

Dear DJI Developer Team,

This issue is known for several months and I hoped that this would be solved by a future firmware release. Now a new firmware was released and this issue hasn't been adressed again.

Issue:

The DJI Osmo action interferes at least with most if not all GPS bike computers (confirmed:  Garmin, Sigma, Wahoo) and cancels out the GPS signal of those devices.

If you switch on the Osmo Action the GPS computer looses the GPS fix. This means that you can't track and film at the same time for cases if you use a handle bar mount for both bike computer and camera.

Please add a feature to disable the WiFi of the Osmo Action ('airplane mode').

This is may be an hour of work but a large benefit since it also saves the battery.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7da9h0Xzw

2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi K.R., we appreciate your feedback about Osmo Action and sorry for the inconvenience caused, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention. We will keep improving our products, please note the future update.
2020-3-30
Use props
K.R.
lvl.1

Germany

Still no solution to this issue. This make the Osmo Action worthless for all cyclists...
I think I will switch to Gopro now.
2020-5-19
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

K.R. Posted at 5-19 01:16
Still no solution to this issue. This make the Osmo Action worthless for all cyclists...
My guy. I reported the inability to disable wifi connection and use bluetooth only, because it makes your phone a brick, last year now. No internet connection while connected.

If I am using my phone with my Osmos Action, it is to share things quick. Unfortubately I have to connect to wifi. Give locstion for some reason. Wait for it to connect then pull what I want off. Then turn off my wifi. Wait for my phone to switch back to cellular. Then I can do what I want.

I should be able to do this without ever having to disconnect my camera or losing internet. Even if it is at the cost of battery life, transfer speed, etc.
2020-5-24
Use props
kodi111
New
Poland

K.R. Posted at 5-19 01:16

I have the same issue. It blocks the GPS signal on my cycling computer (Wahoo Elemnt Bolt). This issue is making the camera useless because I use it only while cycling.
2020-6-3
Use props
zappi
New

Hungary

I bought an Osmo Action for recording races and creating data overlayed videos, but I didn't know about this issue. The camera completely cancels out the gps of my head unit (Wahoo Elemnt Bolt). Please add a turn off wifi option to the FW, it really shouldn't be a big programming task, there is even an option to choose between frequencies. I can't belive that his issue has not been solved by now.
When can we expect a FW update that solves this issue?
2021-3-28
Use props
K.R.
lvl.1

Germany

Hi zappi,

I would suggest you get rid of the Osmo (maybe you can still send it back) and buy a Gopro instead. There is nothing to expect from DJI. Disappointing as always!

Cheers
2021-3-28
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

That's strange. Have Garmin and Bryton bike computers and there is no interference in GPS. DJI mounted on stem and bike computers on dropbar mount.

2021-3-29
Use props
K.R.
lvl.1

Germany

Try mount it out front below your garmin and you will experience the problem.
2021-3-30
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

That's bad.
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_BQdU6PIGsahi
New

United Kingdom

I’ve just got a dji Osmo for cycling! Didn’t know this was an issue! Mounted under the wahoo roam and gps signal keeps jumping in and out
2021-4-29
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I use GPS-tracker app on my phone, no problem using that.
2021-5-1
Use props
msl
New

Poland

I have the same problem with my Osmo Action. Camera is mounted under the stem and my GPS computer (Lezyne Mega XL) is mounted above the cam (about 20 cm between those two devices). With camera turned on my bike computer loses GPS signal even on flat, empty surfaces.
I know that I can mount the camera in other places like helmet mount or chest mount, but mounting it under the stem is best for me at this moment.
2021-7-6
Use props
abercrombie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Found this thread Googling: dji osmo interfere with gps

Confirming I'm having problems with the Osmo Action and my Garmin 530.   I use the Garmin 530 which plays better with my eBike but my regular bike has a Wahoo Bolt which seems less affected.   In both situations, the action cam is mounted right below the computer.  Going back to using my old Gopro session.  
2021-7-26
Use props
marvinq
New
Flight distance : 327641 ft
United States

Just saw this thread and confirming that this is happening (still) on my side too. Garmin Edge 530 + DJI Osmo Action (OA) where the OA is mounted right below my Garmin. At first I thought it was a Garmin issue, had the Garmin replaced and still having problems.

Anyone from DJI care to address this? If having the Wifi toggle is the fix, I imagine it's not that complicated to add as an update?
2021-10-4
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

Cant believe this has been a problem for over 2 years. Im selling this POS and buying the hated gopro. DJI has had years to fix this. No chance in Hell I will buy another DJI product. This could seriously put someone at risk if they dont know whats going on.
2021-10-11
Use props
abercrombie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump, so what is the workaround for this issue?   Is it to disable WIFI on your phone so the Action Cam can't connect?   Thanks.
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules