Skydio 2s have shut down shipping so Autel II?
484 3 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skydio 2s have shut down shipping so Autel II is probably shutdown as well?  Is the only option for people the M2 while supplies last?  I don't think companies are going to self-sustain.  We might have our own mini neighborhood habitats that self-sustain.  Will the DJI products be rare like Hess trucks?

If we are part of the only people left on Earth we use our tech to build out our own areas ourselves with solar cells and Atti mode because of no satellite infrastructure to measure reference off of?

The whole world is so interdependent upon each other that a disruption in logistics will ruin everything.  I thought it would be war but didn't think it was something better, biological viruses that mutate to more violent copies.  It's like people trying to prevent for the DJI Spark but it mutates into a DJI Mavic 2 or even a Mavic 3.
2020-3-30
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I would think that they close, Non-essential......
2020-3-30
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

There is difference in the logistics for Skydio and Autel that may make their ability to ship different as well.

Skydio is assembled in the US, but is dependent on components from China being made and shipped to the US.  A short supply of even one can stop their ability to produce and ship.

Autel is totally built in China.  Supposedly they had units produced before their announced "bug" delay.   Those units at the least should be and it seems are being shipped.  We do not have any way to know how many or what followup production is in the works.  

Besides the delay I am hopeful we will see some EVO 2s trickle out next month.
2020-3-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 3-30 11:30
There is difference in the logistics for Skydio and Autel that may make their ability to ship different as well.

Skydio is assembled in the US, but is dependent on components from China being made and shipped to the US.  A short supply of even one can stop their ability to produce and ship.

I think a lot of things that had a roadmap would be pushed back at least.  It's uninformed and ignorant to think how it used to be when things were scheduled are going to remain On schedule unless you are a pharmaceutical company that was going to get FDA approval in a year but now cut to a couple of weeks or a ventilator company that had a couple hundred orders but end up with tens of thousands.

It's always good to keep people's hopes up and say it's going to happen next month but with how this stuff is being very deadly, things will never be the same.  I wouldn't be surprised if some projects that were close to being ready to go have been scrapped and abandoned.  You should see how the hype, fud, and fomo were happening during cryptocurrency in late 2017.  People who are unfamiliar with those tactics 1st hand wouldn't understand.  Not learning about how pump n' dumps work with biomed stocks and learning that in digital exchanges was just brutal.
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules