Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints Via GPS
865 9 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blazed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13793 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I cant seem to find a definitive answer for this. I have 3 questions. My equipment is DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Smart controller.

01) Is there anyway i can use actual GPS cordinates as waypoints?
02) Once ive set the way points how can I also use the POA? i.e Ive set way points for a site and I want the drone to go around record that?
03) Having set way points, can I have the drone return to home automatically once it reaches 55% or 60% of battery?

Sorry for the noob questions but I couldnt find an answer on these.

Thank you

2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Blazed, Waypoint 2.0 doesn't support setting the point by entering the coordinate. The action of the drone can be set under the situation of mission completed or signal loss, it may not be able to be set on the battery level order.
For the second question, would you mind explaining it a little bit more? I am sorry that I am not able to understand it clearly.
2020-3-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-31 04:46
Hi Blazed, Waypoint 2.0 doesn't support setting the point by entering the coordinate. The action of the drone can be set under the situation of mission completed or signal loss, it may not be able to be set on the battery level order.
For the second question, would you mind explaining it a little bit more? I am sorry that I am not able to understand it clearly.

I think he's asking about setting a point of interest (POI). while
flying a waypoint. He's asking is it possible.
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Woe Posted at 3-31 05:35

If it is POI, then yes. When creating the waypoint, the point of interest can be linked to the waypoint by selecting that option, it will be linked to the corresponding waypoint. After the waypoint is linked, the Flying Direction and Gimbal Pitch will be changed to “Towards the point of interest” and the settings will remain unchanged. To change the settings, remove POI first.
2020-4-2
Use props
Blazed
lvl.2
  • >>>
Pakistan

Woe Posted at 3-31 05:35

Yes correct
2020-4-2
Use props
Blazed
lvl.2
  • >>>
Pakistan

DJI Thor Posted at 3-31 04:46
Hi Blazed, Waypoint 2.0 doesn't support setting the point by entering the coordinate. The action of the drone can be set under the situation of mission completed or signal loss, it may not be able to be set on the battery level order.

Thank you. My concern is if the way point is far and the battery dies out I would lose the drone
2020-4-2
Use props
Blazed
lvl.2
  • >>>
Pakistan

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 01:33
If it is POI, then yes. When creating the waypoint, the point of interest can be linked to the waypoint by selecting that option, it will be linked to the corresponding waypoint. After the waypoint is linked, the Flying Direction and Gimbal Pitch will be changed to “Towards the point of interest” and the settings will remain unchanged. To change the settings, remove POI first.

Thank you for the clarification. One more question, if i have set a way point (With all sensors active) and there is an obstruction on the way i.e a Tree or a building, what would happen?
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Blazed Posted at 4-2 03:20
Thank you for the clarification. One more question, if i have set a way point (With all sensors active) and there is an obstruction on the way i.e a Tree or a building, what would happen?

The drone has low battery RTH function, there will be a prompt pop up on the app, low battery RTH only pop up once, you may check more details at page 15 on the manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 2.0_en_20191211.pdf
If the drone detected obstacles during waypoint, it will hover in the position and pause the waypoint flight.
2020-4-3
Use props
SSA1978
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147782 ft
  • >>>
Pakistan

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 00:11
The drone has low battery RTH function, there will be a prompt pop up on the app, low battery RTH only pop up once, you may check more details at page 15 on the manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v2.0_en_20191211.pdf
If the drone detected obstacles during waypoint, it will hover in the position and pause the waypoint flight.

Thank you for this. Im usually using way points to send it beyond the range if 3-5km, Since I lose the link would it just hover if there is a obstacle?

Thank you
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SSA1978 Posted at 4-3 22:47
Thank you for this. Im usually using way points to send it beyond the range if 3-5km, Since I lose the link would it just hover if there is a obstacle?

Thank you

If it loses the connection, when conditions met, failsafe RTH will be activated. You may refer to the RTH working procedure on the manual.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules