1951 8 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swt
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,

first time on this forum.

I have had a Phantom 3 Standard for a while and have had no problems, however....I haven't flown for over a year for various reasons and had some good weather and a little time and ran into the following issue.

Power on controller and light is red....which is expected

Turn on drone, but it won't stay powered up. (this hasn't ever happened before) recharged the battery and it shows full charge but still the drone won't stay on.

How can I trouble shoot?

I'm sure a bunch of you have moved on from the Phantom Standard but mine up to this point has been great and I'm still on the original props.

thanks for any help
2020-3-30
Use props
swt
lvl.1

United States

correction.....my first post was 4 yrs ago.....totally forgot about that one
2020-3-30
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

swt Posted at 3-30 15:42
correction.....my first post was 4 yrs ago.....totally forgot about that one

Since it's been a year since you have flown.  Are you pressing the button on the drone battery, push release and push and hold for 5 seconds?
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to power on the battery without it inserting to the drone and see if it can be powered on normally, the way it powered on is the same as the controller's. If it won't stay powered up, you may try to change another battery. If the battery can be powered up normally, but it won't be powered on with the drone, you may need to send in the drone for diagnosis.
2020-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds like your battery is dead.  
2020-3-31
Use props
swt
lvl.1

United States

hi everyone,

yep, dead battery...........got a replacement....... so now the drone powers up, light on controller turns green....but is still disconnected from the DJI GO app

Scott
PS thanks for the advice....the part that fooled me was that all 4 lights on the battery would come on then go off....its obviously been too long since I was flying
2020-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

swt Posted at 3-31 13:35
hi everyone,

yep, dead battery...........got a replacement....... so now the drone powers up, light on controller turns green....but is still disconnected from the DJI GO app

If you're not going to fly for a while, you need to keep an eye on the battery and keep it within storage level range.  Otherwise it will die.  
2020-3-31
Use props
swt
lvl.1

United States

thanks Mark the Droner......will do....certainly have not been paying attention or flying  :-(

Scott
2020-3-31
Use props
swt
lvl.1

United States

success, had to do an IMU cal but did a quick flight last night
thx guys
2020-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now