31648 66 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

I. Using the iOS version of DJI Mimo to Set Up the Osmo Action
1. Prepare the live stream RTMP URL and copy it to your mobile device. Connect DJI Mimo to the Osmo Action. Go to the image transmission page, choose the Live Stream function, and then choose RTMP.
1.png
2.  Choose the Wi-Fi that the Osmo Action needs to be connected to when live streaming. Input the SSID and password manually. To choose the mobile phone hotspot as the Wi-Fi for sending live stream data, first open the control center (on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen; on an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen). Then, press and hold the Wi-Fi button (for mobile phones equipped with 3D Touch function, press down on the button), set the personal hotspot as “Discoverable”, and then input the SSID and password manually.
2.png
3. Input the RTMP URL that you prepared before. Set up the resolution, bitrate, and autosave options you prefer. Then, tap the “Start Live Stream” button to start.
3.png

II. Using the Android version of DJI Mimo to Set Up the Osmo Action
1. Prepare the live stream RTMP URL and copy it to your mobile device. Connect DJI Mimo to the Osmo Action. Go to the image transmission page, choose the Live Stream function, and then choose RTMP.
4.jpg
2. Choose the Wi-Fi that the Osmo Action needs to be connected to when live streaming. If the Wi-Fi is not a mobile phone hotspot, then you can search and connect to the Wi-Fi. If the Wi-Fi is a mobile phone hotspot, then enable the hotspot function of the mobile phone, and then connect the camera to the hotspot. (Some mobile devices cannot find the hotspot created by itself, so users will need to input the SSID and password manually.)
5.jpg
3.  Input the RTMP URL that you prepared before. Set the resolution, bitrate, and autosave options that you prefer. Then, tap the “Start Live Stream” button to start.
6.jpg
Note: Before using the live stream function, update the firmware of the Osmo Action to v01.08.00.10 or a later version. Additionally, the Osmo Action needs to be used with v1.2.20 or a later version of DJI Mimo.

Note: If the Osmo Action uses the hotspot of a mobile phone, then do not enable the hotspot before connecting the Osmo Action to DJI Mimo, because the connection may fail. The hotspot of the mobile phone should be enabled after the Osmo Action is connected to DJI Mimo, but before the live stream settings page is entered.
2020-3-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

May I suggest to make one for a Youtube. and may I recommend  correct it. remember  dewarp is off by default.
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice info!
2020-3-31
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

IT DOESNT WORK!!
2020-3-31
Use props
djiuser_BzYHtfJGT5B2
New

Italy

few issues trying to connect osmo to facebook and youtube account.it doesn't work. i think they are still fixing bugs
2020-4-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

It be  A Pleasure to  work on one issue at a time., lets all start with Rocksteady Most important Part of this camera, then add something thing that complicates the matter at hand.
2020-4-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2020-4-3
Use props
Cloquencond
lvl.1

India

Woe Posted at 4-3 04:58
Thanks for the info.

This is awesome suggestion that I have followed to set up this but live stream function is not working properly although I have updated of  the firmware.
2020-4-12
Use props
Adam Griz Ryan
lvl.1

United States

I've been trying to get this to work for over 2 hours. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Facebook and the DJI MIMO app twice. I've allowed all permissions in settings for both apps and it's still not working. I can stream live to YouTube, but for Facebook, it won't even allow me to try to log in. It tells me login failed without even giving me the option to enter my credentials. this is an epic fail on DJI's part. Has anyone found a solution to this? Anyone having the same issue?
Screenshot_20200413-054357.png
2020-4-13
Use props
Adam Griz Ryan
lvl.1

United States

I've been trying to get this to work for over 2 hours. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Facebook and the DJI MIMO app twice. I've allowed all permissions in settings for both apps and it's still not working. I can stream live to YouTube, but for Facebook, it won't even allow me to try to log in. It tells me login failed without even giving me the option to enter my credentials. this is an epic fail on DJI's part. Has anyone found a solution to this? Anyone having the same issue?
Screenshot_20200413-054357.png
2020-4-13
Use props
icerat4 6
lvl.1

United States

Doesn’t work someone has to put a you tube up to fix this issue
2020-4-15
Use props
Kevin B.
New

United States

OK, I've got all the way up to 2, but have trouble recognizing hotspot created by my mobile phone - Sony XA2 Ultra. I am prompted with enable WLAN on device, and can't find that on my phone.
2020-4-17
Use props
moolash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15492 ft
Hungary

OK guys, Live Streamine is far from perfect. Here are the glitches:
2020-4-26
Use props
moolash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15492 ft
Hungary

Ok, I lost this in the post above as I cannot edit for more than 2 minutes...

1. Facebook streaming just does not work. I get an error message "unable to connect".
2. Both with YouTube and Facebook, when you set everything up, it says "Settings not saved" but if you go back, you lose everything and you have to start everything again.
3. RTMP may work OK (rather as per this tutorial https://forum.dji.com/thread-212859-1-1.html) BUT:
- as soon as you create a mobile hotspot to connect to, the Wifi gets turned off and you lose connection to the camera.
- I cannot connect to my own mobile hotspot manually either whatever I try
- Why cannot we just stream over mobile web? (Android is able to use Wifi for connection AND mobile data at the same time)

So this is still over and over complicated even for tech savvy people.
2020-4-26
Use props
unders
New
Netherlands

How come this has not been made available for the osmo pocket. Or to have the camera's in LIVE mode so they can be used in combination with EL GATO devices or such to live stream?

Would make me so happy to use the OSMO for my livestreams. Hoping for any news on this soon,.
2020-4-27
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

unders Posted at 4-27 10:59
How come this has not been made available for the osmo pocket. Or to have the camera's in LIVE mode so they can be used in combination with EL GATO devices or such to live stream?

Would make me so happy to use the OSMO for my livestreams. Hoping for any news on this soon,.

Yes please add the Osmo Pocket. More useful with tracking on.
2020-4-30
Use props
JamesKB
New
United States

Why does this not even come close to working? There is no image transmission page.
2020-5-4
Use props
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

Hello to do live stream,  Do you always need to do these settings? or just a 1 time set up type of thing?
2020-5-7
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

its a good first attempt however RMTP is not working properly.   My setup :  Macbook Pro 15 - 2018  MacOS Catalina 10.15.4  Im hosting a local RMTP server for which I can connect my phone and other streaming devices, however after I follow all the steps to use the live streaming in the osmo action, it connects for a second and then the steam is closed.  Not sure if its the app or how its impleemented, but so far no luck.

I connected to my router and then started the stream, my mac is in the same LAN and again, other devices can connect with no issues to my local server except the OSMO action, let me know which logs would be useful for you
2020-5-15
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

We want Instagram live feed
2020-6-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Welcome to the Club may be a topic:

in Blue wifi not available.  Phone 2.4, 5.0 are 100% working
OA wireles connection on Auto, then to 2.4, then to 5.8 all failed.
DJI shows  up connected , wif switches over to other, yet no connection to wifi  or any names present, stays in blue.

Well time to let lay, till DJI releases again a New app version, never know what these  people do.

welcome to the club  of No livestreaming Lol

2020-6-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2020-6-15
Use props
Manguz
lvl.2
United States

I am stuck at step 2 after selecting or entering my Wifi name/password.  I get an error saying the SSID cannot contain special characters which mine does not.  I use the same SSID to connect with my phone/laptop and no issues. I have seen several other users with this same issue.  Any suggestions on what might be going on here?  I am using latest  App version and FW version and have tried on both IOS and Android with same issue.  Thanks
2020-6-20
Use props
Manguz
lvl.2
United States

The key is DJI seems to have a very narrow view of what a legal  network/SSID name is. They do not like spaces in the name.  Once i created a guest network with a very simple numbers only name, it all worked.  Fishycomics gave me a clue in one of his other posts on the topic.

Thanks again........Fishycomics for the win!
2020-6-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

doing it live at 8:30  
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

If you're new to this World of OA.  there are no notes from DJI in the box, and many  will  try to search  for the answer.   

One main reason why the SSID and password failed is DJI only ALLOWS one DEVICE to be saved to a smartphone, tablet,  you can have the APP on, just not sure why both APPS caused the issue.

As soon as I removed the smartphone APP I was able to set up.    GoPro allows 50 devices to be set up and used for control one at a time,  DJI does not allow this with Livestream at all!!!! that is the issue. for me that I found

my notes to you.

DJI any insight

DJI any insight

Z..............
2020-6-21
Use props
Artemie
New
Singapore

An extremely frustrating experience.
Tried to connected multiple times to different wifi connections with different bands, even changing different names and passwords to simply the connection.
All but to no avail.
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I now am giving up on this unstable  livestream set up. the  part that people will ahve is they enter a correct SSID and Password, your system rejects it,  youhave to repeat to manytimes, and the last one it will connect.  you also can not use both  a tablet and smartphone for one.   understanding one is OFF.

2020-6-21
Use props
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-21 06:44
I now am giving up on this unstable  livestream set up. the  part that people will ahve is they enter a correct SSID and Password, your system rejects it,  youhave to repeat to manytimes, and the last one it will connect.  you also can not use both  a tablet and smartphone for one.   understanding one is OFF.

can you give me an example of what i would need to change my wifi stuff to it talks about?
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

SuperFly151 Posted at 6-21 18:57
can you give me an example of what i would need to change my wifi stuff to it talks about?

how many apps  you got set up  of DJI mimo?
2020-6-22
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17605 ft
Austria

OMG, i cannot connect with my modem..always the same connection with network not possible... doesnt matter if i try it whith my samsung galaxy s7 edge or with my OUKITEL WP2

The funny think is, this worked bevor 2 times.. and now always when i try to connect for live streaming the same error comes..

is there any solution for this?
2020-6-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

AUTdany Posted at 6-27 01:42
OMG, i cannot connect with my modem..always the same connection with network not possible... doesnt matter if i try it whith my samsung galaxy s7 edge or with my OUKITEL WP2

The funny think is, this worked bevor 2 times.. and now always when i try to connect for live streaming the same error comes..[view_image]

how many apps  you got set up  of DJI mimo?
2020-6-27
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Austria

only one bro..-.but after trying 1000 times at least ist goes... dont know why
2020-6-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

AUTdany Posted at 6-27 14:15
only one bro..-.but after trying 1000 times at least ist goes... dont know why

asking because your above note said you tried the other devices.??  s7, edge, Wp2?  are they  still on  your other devices the app, or are they totally cleaned off?
2020-6-27
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Austria

Yeah after i try to connect with my WP2 and that doenst work i deinstall the app and install it on the S7 and there was the same problem.... so after trying 1000 times at least it works.. but not forever .... must be a software problem with the app.. sometime i can connect to my modem.. and sometimes not...  we need a fix for this.... i dont want that i must try everytime 20min to connect...
2020-6-28
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Austria

Ok i found a solution how it works....

My Modem make a Network called AUTdany
When i connect with my Phone to the Network AUTdany, the DJI MIMO App dont get a connection to this Network. Dont know why.

So now i disconnect from the Wlan Network AUTdany so that the Phone only use Mobile Data, then the DJI MIMO can connect to the AUTdany Network on the Modem... wired.. but i test it now 10 Times and it looks like it works
2020-6-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

great to hear you worked out the solutions:

I found I can stream on my  home network router, wireless. I put the name in the passw, simply wait for the transfer connection, and works.  I also noted  more then one mimo on  really plays it with it.
2020-6-29
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Austria

A other day the same ...... i cannot connect to my modem... where is the support? sometimes yes sometimes no..more no than yes
2020-6-30
Use props
LennyObez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156893 ft
Belgium

Haven't tried Live Stream yet, does we still have our D-Cinelike video file while streaming?
2020-7-8
Use props
Fotopiggie
New

Taiwan

I have never succeeded in setting up the livestream. Tried a 1000 times as well. No matter how I change the SSID name of my wi-fi or the hotspot with my phone I keep receiving a message telling me that my Wi-Fi name is wrong.... I think it's a bug in the app (I'm using iOS version)

2020-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules