Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Flyaway: Landed itself in Lake: Not Enough Force/ESC Erro
1267 9 2020-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bikramj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70840 ft
Canada

Airdata report link: https://app.airdata.com/share/MIMXQX
Case: CAS-4115381-Q4D0N7
Looks like DJI support just looks for one Strong wind warning in the whole flight logs and go blind for all the other errors which were never shown on the controller in detail!! Wrong Analysis by DJI support with very immature knowledge, blaming everything on Pilot when MM didn't even respond to controller Joystick commands and just landed itself into a lake.
Details: So I was flying my Mavic Mini on a nice day on a lakeshore in Canada, As you can see from the above flight record. I was flying it not away from me, not high enough just at H=2.6m, D=67m.  I saw just the little bit of error on screen which said "Aircraft max power load reached" that's why I was just keeping it close to me on the shore and not over the water and decided to land it. After pressing RTH the MM started ascending(which is accepted I learned later abt RTH height), It started showing string wind errors so at this point I was supposed to cancel RTH and descend it which I did and got back lower. After that it just went crazy and started to go away from me to the distance 122M over the lake, I pressed RTH again but it kept on flying away. Canceled RTH and tried to control it manually, by that time it was not listening to my joystick commands and kept on going away and descending.  I tried ascending it but no luck and it kept on descending and at last and landed itself into the lake!! Doesn't is supposed to Hower and wait from the pilot to keep pressed down joystick to land? No that never happened, I just saw it felling hard in the water!  
I checked the Airdata notifications and the error "Aircraft max power load reached" occurred 880 times which was never shown to Pilot and DJI support analysis never even acknowledged what was that about! And useless DJI support completely blamed on Pilot for navigating it into the lake! I will copy their analysis report under.
I know another person in Niagara falls the same thing happened with him, anyone in Canada here lost their drone with their drones going crazy with hardware/software glitch which DJI never accepted their mistake? I am asking for people who had the same experience with Drone and DJI support and we can start a lawsuit against DJI in Canada to wrongfully injecting glitches in drones and asking customers for more money to buy new drones.
DJI Support Analysis :
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.52.45 AM.png

I have lot of comments but for 5: They did see me pressing Down joystick for a second at 05:42 but they completely ignored and didn't see me pressing Up joystick continuously at 05:23 to ascend it and not let it land in the lake, by that time it was not even listening to whatever I was doing with Joysticks.
Even assuming I buy a new one how can I trust it ever again? Will I ever recommend it to my friends, families? No Never, if DJI not able to accept their mistake, it will cost them, one faithful customer, who trusted DJI and who will write this detailed DJI's mistake to every site with an honest review about what happened and why everyone must not trust it and to not buy this.

2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi bikramj, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. I hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-3-31
Use props
George210477
Captain
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-31 19:55
Hi bikramj, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. I hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

The error is well known ... I also sold my Mini because of same problem - all updates made, battery full, at return to home pressed the Mini started to act like crazy...first was climbing, than was stopped with the Loaded error...I have tried to control it manualy, was able to bring it more close to me (made another 50m probably) than the Mini started again to descent, climb, descent, then collapsed in a tree...
So start recognizing the errors, don't blame the pilot...Even on HIGH WIND, if you are lower, the Mini SHOULD KEEP the altitude, not collapse.
So better watch for the quality, not for human error.

Best regards.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George210477 Posted at 6-18 03:47
The error is well known ... I also sold my Mini because of same problem - all updates made, battery full, at return to home pressed the Mini started to act like crazy...first was climbing, than was stopped with the Loaded error...I have tried to control it manualy, was able to bring it more close to me (made another 50m probably) than the Mini started again to descent, climb, descent, then collapsed in a tree...
So start recognizing the errors, don't blame the pilot...Even on HIGH WIND, if you are lower, the Mini SHOULD KEEP the altitude, not collapse.
So better watch for the quality, not for human error.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Under this situation, you may contact our support (http://www.dji.com/support) to open a case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone is under warranty. And we will provide you with the corresponding offer based on the analysis result. Thanks for your kind understanding.
If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-6-18
Use props
George210477
Captain
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Thanks but my drone was OK... Only 3 propellers broken, all set changed with a New one. I have answered at previous problem, as this is a common problem and you should not put the verdict of User mistake too soon, as the drone is cutting Power and colapse... Maybe you should talk with engineers in Order to have a Safe Home button that once is activated, The drone will try to go at Homepoint ignoring all Sensors that say that rotor is overpowered... Better to risk burning a rotor than to salvage a drone collapsed în water or trees.
My opinion.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George210477 Posted at 6-18 22:38
Thanks but my drone was OK... Only 3 propellers broken, all set changed with a New one. I have answered at previous problem, as this is a common problem and you should not put the verdict of User mistake too soon, as the drone is cutting Power and colapse... Maybe you should talk with engineers in Order to have a Safe Home button that once is activated, The drone will try to go at Homepoint ignoring all Sensors that say that rotor is overpowered... Better to risk burning a rotor than to salvage a drone collapsed în water or trees.
My opinion.

Thanks for sharing us with your opinion, we'll forward your suggestion to the related team. For your drone, should there any issues, kindly please follow the reply above and send it in for a thorough diagnosis.
2020-6-22
Use props
djiuser_S5eyht0nhFvO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18343 ft
Australia

This happened to me the other day. Mavic mini went crazy. It was about to land in water then flew again. It was actually wet because it touched the water surface before went off to fly agaun.
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_S5eyht0nhFvO Posted at 5-10 06:49
This happened to me the other day. Mavic mini went crazy. It was about to land in water then flew again. It was actually wet because it touched the water surface before went off to fly agaun.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. For fly safety considerations, you may send the drone to our official repair center for a thorough diagnosis. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Thanks.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_YOHtDCTXRK4w
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-3-31 19:55

You guys are not sorry for the loss. .  I had a similar problem.  Flying over water and suddenly descended into the lake about 15 feet from shore.  The replacement policy makes no sense.  If I send the drone in full of water and mud I get one for $49.  But if I can't retrieve it I get nothing!   It's not like you can refurbish a drone that's been underwater for weeks.  This DJI Care Refresh is a ripoff.   If the company had any compassion whatsoever and were truly sorry for the loss,  you'd treat these just like any other crash.  I get that you want to make sure people don't  abuse the policy and just say they lost it to get a second one for free, but I provided video and showing it went down.  If I can retrieve it I will send it in for the replacement but I'll never buy another DJI product and will tell everyone I know how  despicable DJI is.
2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_YOHtDCTXRK4w Posted at 5-14 19:29
You guys are not sorry for the loss. .  I had a similar problem.  Flying over water and suddenly descended into the lake about 15 feet from shore.  The replacement policy makes no sense.  If I send the drone in full of water and mud I get one for $49.  But if I can't retrieve it I get nothing!   It's not like you can refurbish a drone that's been underwater for weeks.  This DJI Care Refresh is a ripoff.   If the company had any compassion whatsoever and were truly sorry for the loss,  you'd treat these just like any other crash.  I get that you want to make sure people don't  abuse the policy and just say they lost it to get a second one for free, but I provided video and showing it went down.  If I can retrieve it I will send it in for the replacement but I'll never buy another DJI product and will tell everyone I know how  despicable DJI is.

Hi, I am sorry for your case, I had replied to you at this post, for better followup, please keep us updated on that post only, thank you.
2021-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules