1215 7 2020-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uPMxSHseJFP0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14800 ft

Bulgaria

Hello,

Recently I got my hands on a Mavic 2 Pro and I am experiencing some sort of stuttering issues. I am no absolutely sure what exactly is causing them to be honest, so any help will be well appreciated.

I still do not have nd filters so I film mainly in sunrise/sunset so I can adjust my shutter speed properly. I always film in 4k 30fps and the shutter is 1/60. However the last week I was using some sort of monitor and there were no sign of stutter at all in the footage. Well I came home( I use Samsung Q6FN 49inch as a monitor) and even though I have proper shutter speed when slow panning there is some stutter on the TV. This is fixed when I turn on "judder reduction" option and set it to 5 for example. I have seen this stutter only on my tv and and ultrawide monitor, but on the ultrawide monitor the video I watched was everything on auto with very high shutter speed in bright day. So it is not a big factor at all. Watching the videos on my phone, there isn't any stutter. I have watched them on laptops as well and I think they are fine. However I am not absolutely sure so I need help to determine what is causing the stutter when panning(the drone or the tv). The SD card is Sandisk Extreme Plus V30(u3/64gigs).

The first video is - I see some slight stutter on 0.52 seconds when I start to pan slowly.
The second video is - I see some stutter on 0.10 seconds when I start panning the Mavic.

The drone was crashed, but it seems the gimbal is fine afterwards and I am not sure it is a problem related to the stabilization or the gimbal itself(no errors on the gimbal at all, it moves freely and it was only staying a bit left, but after correcting the yaw(somewhere about 5 degrees). I have seen some stutter similar to what I have experienced on my videos, on some channels on YouTube, however the most popular people, are shooting buttery smooth videos even when panning and I am still trying to achive similar results.

Thank you in advance. Any help will be appreciated!
A newbie...

2020-3-31
Use props
Felix Le Chat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United Kingdom

Had similar problems with a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Mavic 2 ZOOM. Discovered that the problem mainly lies with my computer not being up to snuff in the graphics card department. Another problem is regarding rolling shutter blur which occurs as a result of there being a scan instead of a mechanical shutter that captures each frame.
2020-3-31
Use props
djiuser_uPMxSHseJFP0
lvl.2

Bulgaria

It might be the computer. It has pretty weak graphics card(Nvidia GT740). However this happens even after I watch the videos directly on YouTube from the app on the TV, but they all have been uploaded from the computer. I will try to play the original files directly on the TV and see the results.
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is not stuttering on youtube when I watch the video.
This does not solve your issue, but it does point to the reason behind it.

There might be a couple of reasons.
1. Framerate issues. If the framerate of the device is different from the framerate of the video, it skips 1 frame every x frames which causes stuttering.

2. Fast motion combined with fast shutterspeed.
From the looks of your video this is NOT your problem (you move nice and slowly)

3. Hardware issues. (too slow processor etc.)
I don't think this is your issue since you only have it on some screens right?

Nr 1 would be my main target to investigate.
Most likely your bigger screens have issues with the framerate and this is sort of confirmed by the option you can use 'judder reduction' that eliminates it.

2020-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, stuttering will be most visible when you pan, because the whole world is moving in the frame so the effect is more visible.
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_uPMxSHseJFP0
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Hello, thank you for the help!
I've only seen this on my qled tv and an ultrawide monitor. I will check on some other screens, but this appears to be happening even if I play the footage directly on the tv from a flash drive, so it should be tv. When I have chance, I will play the videos on the ultrawide monitor(this time with the correct shutter speed) and see what is going on.
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_uPMxSHseJFP0
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Also this seems to be happening when there is architecture in the video, like the houses in the second video. Otherwise when moving the drone forward everything seems fine, just when panning. That is the reason I thought the gimbal might have a problem, but I have seen similar stutter on other videos as well(even with the mavic 2 zoom)...
2020-4-1
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks for share.
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules